What McKelvin Does For McGee

McKelvin will really halp McGee this season and into the future. McGee, unfortunately is not a true No. 1 CB in this league. He is like a 1b or an exceptional No. 2. With the addition of McKelvin, McGee certainly returns to the level of play he was having opposite Clements. I think that our CB position has been solidified for some time. Also, McKelvin takes McGee away from the KRs, which I think is a good thing for McGee's needed improvement in the pass defense.

Again, I think it will be the opposite = McKelvin will take over the #1 CB spot, actually pushing McGee down to the #3 slot and able to focus a lot on returning to the Pro Bowl as a kick returner.

Again, I think it will be the opposite = McKelvin will take over the #1 CB spot, actually pushing McGee down to the #3 slot and able to focus a lot on returning to the Pro Bowl as a kick returner.

theres no way McGee goes from #1 to #3, he still played better then Greer last year

I really doubt you see McGee taken away from kickoffs, aftre being demoted to a #1b or #2 CB spot, and let the #1 CB return the kicks. If anything, you may see both of them returning kicks together

I think that is the most likely scenario. Putting both McKelvin and McGee back there prevents teams from kicking away from McGee. I hated it last year when a team would kick a blooper to the 20 and A-Train (or whoever) had to field the ball. Having the all Irish KR unit would give us two weapons back there.

yea, I don't see this ever happening McGee will be the #2 with greer the #3 JMO that's a solid group of corners of McKelvin lives up to what we all think he will be as a rookie, just want to state again he's a ROOKIE so lets not set the bar too high right off the bat :beer:

McGee is an excellent corner who continually gets abused by the fans when he gets torched, so I vehemently disagree with you in that regard. Two things you have to consider (and these aint given much consideration by most)

1) Mcgee is the primary KO returner for this team and each time the D gave up 6, he was right back on the field providing good field position for the O. That's a lot of plays for a D player to be on the field and expect to be at a high level play in and play out. And, especially when he brings a kick back 40 or more yards... or even the punishment he takes returning one for 20-30.

2) The 7 players that have been in front of him the past three seasons (primarily in the middle). Just the past two seasons alone has been a revolving door and a lot of inconsistency. Not a lot of pressure on the QB means pretty much means the QB passes with impunity. All cbs get torched once & while. I don't care what corner you put in his place... Bailey, Samuel... given the same circumstances, there aint gonn a be a dime's difference in the result.

McGee is an excellent corner who continually gets abused by the fans when he gets torched, so I vehemently disagree with you in that regard. Two things you have to consider (and these aint given much consideration by most)

1) Mcgee is the primary KO returner for this team and each time the D gave up 6, he was right back on the field providing good field position for the O. That's a lot of plays for a D player to be on the field and expect to be at a high level play in and play out. And, especially when he brings a kick back 40 or more yards... or even the punishment he takes returning one for 20-30.

2) The 7 players that have been in front of him the past three seasons (primarily in the middle). Just the past two seasons alone has been a revolving door and a lot of inconsistency. Not a lot of pressure on the QB means pretty much means the QB passes with impunity. All cbs get torched once & while. I don't care what corner you put in his place... Bailey, Samuel... given the same circumstances, there aint gonn a be a dime's difference in the result.

McGee is better in man than zone coverage.

he would be ideal on the slot WR.

He still stuggles to play the cover-2 zone

McGee is better in man than zone coverage.

he would be ideal on the slot WR.

He still stuggles to play the cover-2 zone

That's my (very) early hunch as well. He's got the quicks to stay with a slot guy in all that open space. I look for Greer or whomever to take one of the wideouts in our nickel package. Against the Pats it's pick your poison but since we can't play our base scheme against them I like McGee straight up on Welker in the slot or wherever he lines up. Our friggin LBs better have their coverages down this year against that friggen team but we're talking CBs so I'll save that for another day.

GO BILLS!!!

I just think that having another top flight (hopefully) corner opposite McGee will really help him. Also, McKelvin looks like a guy who can return just as well as McGee, and I think that putting him back there would benefit McGee. I do like the idea of having both of them back there with maybe Jackson or Omon as the initial upback. I think that would give the Bills a solid return game (not that it isn't solid already). We'll see what will happen.

i agree about the all irish return team (lol) that will result in some serious long returns and tds.

don't worry about who is 1 and who is 2, we will have guys in 3rd and long a lot (did ok at getting them there before) and need 3 and 4 guys to cover, especially against the cheatriots.

Couldnt agree more Dr. Tooth.

I would almost rather have McKelvin hold off on the return stuff and focus entirely on being a Number 1 CB for us. The faster he learns the scheme, and the more practice he gets there, the better we will be in the future. Does anyone think he would be that much of an improvement over McGee in returns to justify him not focusing on his job as CB? Now, as for putting them both back there......interesting idea. But I would still prefer he spends ALL his time learning CB. Next year, once he has that going, or even later in the year, then start working him into return duties.

Not to sound too much like LSI/Oneonta, but I'm excited about the Bills' McSecondary. The addition of McKelvin means our nickel and dime DBs are now where they should be. McSimpson was raw two years ago but hopefully learned a bit watching from the sidelines last season. I have no complaints with regard to McWhitner.

McKelvin will really halp McGee this season and into the future. McGee, unfortunately is not a true No. 1 CB in this league. He is like a 1b or an exceptional No. 2. With the addition of McKelvin, McGee certainly returns to the level of play he was having opposite Clements. I think that our CB position has been solidified for some time. Also, McKelvin takes McGee away from the KRs, which I think is a good thing for McGee's needed improvement in the pass defense.

McGee is not a true #2 either and should go back in the slot where he belongs, Greer played far better last season and should be playing #1.

McGee is not a true #2 either and should go back in the slot where he belongs, Greer played far better last season and should be playing #1.

You've got McGee and Greer confused IMO i don't see how anyone would think greer is better than McGee but idk just me :beer:

You've got McGee and Greer confused IMO i don't see how anyone would think greer is better than McGee but idk just me <_<

I am not sure why so many think McGee outplayed Greer last year. Well, I am not sure why anyone who watched the corners last year would think that.

Did you see the Cowboys game? The Bengals? Greer shut down TO and CJ.

Now, I don't think either corner was playing under ideal conditions seeing as how the opposing QBs often had hours to spend in the pocket, but Greer certainly played like the #1 CB last season.

I am not sure why so many think McGee outplayed Greer last year. Well, I am not sure why anyone who watched the corners last year would think that.

Did you see the Cowboys game? The Bengals? Greer shut down TO and CJ.

Now, I don't think either corner was playing under ideal conditions seeing as how the opposing QBs often had hours to spend in the pocket, but Greer certainly played like the #1 CB last season.

And I ask you the exact same question switching the two. Did you watch those games, I sure did.