Another CB !!? with the 4th pick... WHY!!

BILLS #1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

we have like 6 corners on our roster wtf man... kellen davis was available and so was the FB SCHMDITT!! DAMN MAN!!!

It's because they think he can become a good player down the road. They are drafting for value this late.

He's going to replace Youboty #1. And #2 we still have a 4th round pick to get them. Hey, just like yesterday with WRs, these guys might slip down.

I don't care what anyone says Corner would have been there for the later 4th round pick and even if he weren't I wouldn't have been sad to miss out on a 5'9" CB.

I don't care what anyone says Corner would have been there for the later 4th round pick and even if he weren't I wouldn't have been sad to miss out on a 5'9" CB.

Because you have inside knowledge of other teams draft boards, right?

Two words: Dick Jauron. The Bills have now drafted 6 defensive backs in the first four rounds since 2006.

I'm not surprised, though. Its typical of the Bills' style. Make a token addition to the offense, draft a bunch of depth defensively, then looked befuddled as all hell when the offense can't do squat this year.

I love the Hardy pick, don't get me wrong. It just isn't enough.

He's going to replace Youboty #1. And #2 we still have a 4th round pick to get them. Hey, just like yesterday with WRs, these guys might slip down.

This draft makes me think they're not gonna resign McGee after next year...

You don't fill needs on day 2. You take the best player on your board. You fill needs & the TE or C you take busts in training camp. You have to stick with the board and if a guy sticks out on your board, you trade up & get him rather than waiting your turn. Day 2 is a total crapshoot & you never pick by position this late-that's why you pay your scouts & don't go on the internet to find out who the fans want. Anyone who is criticizing a 4th round pick or lower is being ridiculous.

I too am mystified by this pick. For a team running a cover-2, and for all the talk that letting Clements go was okay because the cover-2 protects CBs or "you don't need corners with the cover-2", we sure as heck are now spending alot of resources on corners: McKelvin, R.Corner, and William James too.

Not to mention, Greer did pretty well last year.

I don't get this, really. Dick is obsessed with the secondary is all I can think. Bad news for us fans, I believe, as the lines are where the game of football is really won.

You don't fill needs on day 2. You take the best player on your board. You fill needs & the TE or C you take busts in training camp. You have to stick with the board and if a guy sticks out on your board, you trade up & get him rather than waiting your turn. Day 2 is a total crapshoot & you never pick by position this late-that's why you pay your scouts & don't go on the internet to find out who the fans want. Anyone who is criticizing a 4th round pick or lower is being ridiculous.

You're right to a point, but for crying out loud, eventually, at the very least, you need to start bringing in some developmental players offensively.

It's because the Patroits A$$ whipped us on national TV last year. Not this year, the Bills front office took notes at the Superbowl. This year Brady goes down.

Huh? :doh: Brady goes down? Drafting another CB? Brady lost to the Giants because of their tremendous pressure on him. Not because the Giants had the best secondary.