*Official Day 2 Draft Thread*

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for grins...some good WRs that were mentioned on several threads on this board before the draft are still available. Now that we officially in the very late rounds (6 / 7) with our next picks, might we take two WRs to hedge the Hardy pick?

Adarius Bowman

Paul Hubbard

I'd add Todd Blythe to the list. Also Pierre Garcon of Mount Union, who caught 60 TD passes in his college career.

draft so far

1) - top corner in the draft

2) - giant WR with great speed for his size - major red zone headache for defenses

3) - pass rushing defensive end - plays viciously

4) - ball hawking corner

4) - safe TE pick - good blocker, great hands - should be an excellent checkdown man

5) - undersized linebacker who flies around like a maniac and is good in coverage - instant ST's contributor

Like how you positioned the draft...I agree and it looks good...and again it looks like ST is a big factor...they did loose a lot of core teamers...

Its not that I don't believe that the defense needed to be addressed, but I don't think its a good idea to largely expect internal improvement on a unit that ranked in the 30s last year on either side of the ball. And the thing that really worries me is that if something happens with Hardy, the Bills have given themselves no backup plan whatsoever.

I also thought that they had to find someone who could be a consistent threat over the middle (IMO, its their biggest need) and they didn't do that this off season. Hardy will help a bit, but he's not going to make his living doing that, I don't think. I think we're still a team that can't really threaten a defense in the middle half of the field and I think that's going to be a necessity if they ever want to have a solid offense as a whole.

I agree that the offense is still suspect, but unless they went OL in the first round, you aren't going to replace any starters via this draft for 2008 other than the #2 WR spot. Surely they are relying on the existing WRs to fill the #3 role. If they can't make significant improvement on offense this year, than either the line will still need more attention or there will be question about Trent being good enough.

Meanwhile, you need more depth on the defense anyway due to schemes, and there was an obvious talent shortfall to address.

In general, a team with a bottom 3 offense and a bottom 3 defense can't fill all the holes in one draft.

I agree that the offense is still suspect, but unless they went OL in the first round, you aren't going to replace any starters via this draft for 2008 other than the #2 WR spot. Surely they are relying on the existing WRs to fill the #3 role. If they can't make significant improvement on offense this year, than either the line will still need more attention or there will be question about Trent being good enough.

Meanwhile, you need more depth on the defense anyway due to schemes, and there was an obvious talent shortfall to address.

In general, a team with a bottom 3 offense and a bottom 3 defense can't fill all the holes in one draft.

nice post. I am not sure what exactly our problem on offense is. I think our WR's are good- and Hardy will help out in the red zone. Our RBs solid, and our line is decent. We could use an upgrade at C. Fine seems like he will help out the TE/H-back postion. Our special teams are great, and our defense is much improved after this offseason. Like you said, we cannot fill every hole in one draft. But we did a good job addressing depth and needs. I think we are gonna be pleasantly surprised when we see this year's team play