Hardy = JJ Stokes, Dwayne Jarrett, Mike Williams???

Firstly.....just because one may prefer something different to happen on draft day does not mean that what actually occurs is not good.

Secondly.....to be a good team one needs to be good all over.

Do the Giants recognize this? Most likely since they drafted a CB(Ross) in the 1st round last year(who started on their SB winning team)......and drafted a 1st round safety & 2nd round CB this year.

You never considered the addition of Stroud & Johnson.....along with a more seasoned McCargo(1st rounder) may have placed our front 4 into decent.....perhaps even dominant territory?

I do believe that our D will be better this year with Mitchell, Stroud, Johnson added. However, with our DEs, I find it nearly impossible to believe that we are going to have anywhere near a dominant front 4. I'm liking our DTs way more than our DEs.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was mystified by them bypassing Sweed too. This pick makes me more nervous than any pick Buffalo has made in the past few years. I pray I'm wrong but I think he has a high bust potential.

I don't think so. Ye of little faith in the team. Hardy is much taller than Sweed and he's a much bigger endzone target than Sweed. Did I mention how long of a stride he has? He's the new Plaxico Burress or Moss. <_<

I do believe that our D will be better this year with Mitchell, Stroud, Johnson added. However, with our DEs, I find it nearly impossible to believe that we are going to have anywhere near a dominant front 4. I'm liking our DTs way more than our DEs.

Coming off back-back probowl years has to place Schobel as a solidly very good player......it's not like he got in due to all of the mass populaces love for Bills players. Kelsay/Denney were doing very well as a 1-2 punch in 06.....injuries last season obviously hampered this. Any Bills DE is most likely going to look better in 08 if Stroud/McCargo/Johnson live up to what we hope.

You're act is getting really old. We get it, you hated both picks today. However, it seems like you'd find a way to complain it we got Dorsey in the 1st and Gholston dropped to us in the 2nd. <_<

I wouldn't say I hated today's picks, but was disappointed. And I get it, you liked them. Well, I'm entitled my opinion like you are, don't get bent out of shape about it.

Coming off back-back probowl years has to place Schobel as a solidly very good player......it's not like he got in due to all of the mass populaces love for Bills players. Kelsay/Denney were doing very well as a 1-2 punch in 06.....injuries last season obviously hampered this. Any Bills DE is most likely going to look better in 08 if Stroud/McCargo/Johnson live up to what we hope.

Defending our DEs? How many times did us fans have to sit and watch the opposing QB have all day to throw last year? It was disgusting at times. I'm sure you'll find that most of the fans on this board were not pleased with our pass rush last year. How could they be? If the DTs don't really assist them like you hypothesize, we're in deep trouble again this year.

I was mystified by them bypassing Sweed too. This pick makes me more nervous than any pick Buffalo has made in the past few years. I pray I'm wrong but I think he has a high bust potential.

I was expecting Sweed to be picked as well(when it came to our pick) but you have to ask the question of "What is wrong with him?" when 8 WRs were taken ahead of him.

So lets see, you think mckelvin sucks, and you think hardy sucks. I think the one thing everyone can agree on is that we were all much better off before you were posted. why dont you and mike from florida go somewhere so you 2 can stroke each other and comment on how much our draft sucked so far.

benchbledsoe = RJ

Defending our DEs? How many times did us fans have to sit and watch the opposing QB have all day to throw last year? It was disgusting at times. I'm sure you'll find that most of the fans on this board were not pleased with our pass rush last year. How could they be? If the DTs don't really assist them like you hypothesize, we're in deep trouble again this year.

like it was just stated- Schobel made the probowl the past two years- as voted on by opposing players. Schobel is a badass DE. Stroud and McCargo are gonna really help him out this year. Do not throw Schobel under the bus

So lets see, you think mckelvin sucks, and you think hardy sucks. I think the one thing everyone can agree on is that we were all much better off before you were posted. why dont you and mike from florida go somewhere so you 2 can stroke each other and comment on how much our draft sucked so far.

benchbledsoe = RJ

Would your mom be there too d*ckhead?

Yes. Ask Ryan Leaf, Charles Rogers, MIKE WILLIAMS, Kijana Carter, etc....

There's no such thing as a "Can't Miss" pick.

what is it with players named Mike Williams? Every Mike Williams drafted high is a overweight, lazy, and ends up being a huge bust

I don't think so. Ye of little faith in the team. Hardy is much taller than Sweed and he's a much bigger endzone target than Sweed. Did I mention how long of a stride he has? He's the new Plaxico Burress or Moss. <_<

Here's the thing. Everytime I like a player and want him on the Bills he turns out to be a bust. (i.e. Tony Mandarich, Ryan Leaf, Mike Williams etc.)

So I'm hoping the reverse is true here. I really do think he has better than average bust potential. Hopefully I'll be an idiot again. :beer:

Isn't every player a risk?

Stop injecting logic!!! :lol:

They were the same DEs who helped the Bills rank 8th in sacks in 06 & 13th in 05. Injuries throughout the D(MLB,OLB,FS,CB,DE) is quite possibly a large reason for such a decline from 05/06 - 07.

The 08 D is definitely going to be a different animal to the 07 D. Upgrades at DT, DT, OLB, MLB, CB, FS will most likely see a marked improvement in all areas.

That clown started with the insults and clearly had that coming. I'm entitled an opinion, despite you not agreeing with it.

call Ramius whatever childish name you wish- but leave his mother out of it. Do I really need to explain what is proper etiquette to you?