Dan Connor

I love DiGiorgio, followed him dating back to high school. But this is a defense predicated on speed, and athleticism, and as much heart as DiGiorgio has, he's very limited in that department. He also doesn't play OLB. Again we would be morons to pass on Conner with Angelo's contract situation.

Agree. He is average at best.

We don't need him? We had the 31st ranked defense out of 32 teams last year. We need anything and everything.

I would rather have a beast at ORG or ORT than another LB. Lynch isn't going to bust thru holes on his good looks alone.

Man, people on this board give Crowell way too much credit. Its not hard to look good when everyone around you is talentless. Potential Pro-Bowler? I can name 20 AFC LBs who would make that team before him. Dan Connor would be great value with our third round pick. For what its worth, Lance Briggs ran 4.74 at the combine. Connor is plenty fast enough for this defense. We would probably have to move up to get. He should be one of the first players off the board, and I could easily see him going to Miami.

Man, people on this board give Crowell way too much credit. Its not hard to look good when everyone around you is talentless. Potential Pro-Bowler? I can name 20 AFC LBs who would make that team before him. Dan Connor would be great value with our third round pick. For what its worth, Lance Briggs ran 4.74 at the combine. Connor is plenty fast enough for this defense. We would probably have to move up to get. He should be one of the first players off the board, and I could easily see him going to Miami.

crowell is extremely solid.......he does his job (tackle numbers always good), he makes plays (very good in coverage and gets his picks), and can rush when asked to (always puts up a couple sacks a year)..........i would argue it's tougher to stand out when your playing next to crap then in a top 5 defense.......the bills need to sign him now - the price only goes up from here........especially if he makes the pro bowl in '08

20 AFC LBers that are better then Crowell? Have at it

Keith Bullock, Ray Lewis, Mike Peterson, DeMeco Ryans, Kirk Morrison, Adalius Thomas, Shawne Merriman, Bart Scott, James Farrior, Thomas Howard, Derrick Johnson, Shaun Phillips, Gary Brackett, Kamerion Wimbley, David Thornton, James Harrison, DJ Williams, Mike Vrabel, Terrel Suggs, Donnie Edwards. Not to mention these younger LBs who have more talent than Crowell and will probably progress into better LBs this season: Paul Posluzny, David Harris, D'Qwell Jackson, Lawrence Timmons,

Keith Rivers, Channing Crowder. Maybe you could say that Crowell is on par with players like David Thornton, Donnie Edwards, or James Farrior, but he is certainly not better than them. And he is definitely not better than those other players.

Keith Bullock, Ray Lewis, Mike Peterson, DeMeco Ryans, Kirk Morrison, Adalius Thomas, Shawne Merriman, Bart Scott, James Farrior, Thomas Howard, Derrick Johnson, Shaun Phillips, Gary Brackett, Kamerion Wimbley, David Thornton, James Harrison, DJ Williams, Mike Vrabel, Terrel Suggs, Donnie Edwards. Not to mention these younger LBs who have more talent than Crowell and will probably progress into better LBs this season: Paul Posluzny, David Harris, D'Qwell Jackson, Lawrence Timmons,

Keith Rivers, Channing Crowder. Maybe you could say that Crowell is on par with players like David Thornton, Donnie Edwards, or James Farrior, but he is certainly not better than them. And he is definitely not better than those other players.

To each their own. I disagree with more than half of those.

Based on the picks today, Dan Conner is not a first round talent according to each of the GMs in the league.

Right now, he is a third or fourth round talent.

Having said that, if the Bills have him as the BPA when we pick, I would have no problem with the pick. I also like AC.

there you go Petey. now put your foot back in your mouth and keep yourself quiet. <_<