2nd Round Selection: James Hardy WR Indiana

SDS

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what i really like is our matchups with new england.

they lost some secondary and haven't replaced it at all.

our o line is pretty solid against them, we can run IMO with marshawn. now after hardy is on our team we can have him sky out over their little secondary and evans and parrish can just be matchup problems all day with evans getting big pressure on them.

also we now have corners who can cover moss and welker.

Assuming Hardy is effective, you have to like the matchup problems that Evans, Hardy and Parrish can cause for a defense. Each has a different style and strengths. Hopefully the coaches and QB can find ways to use them and turn that into yards and points. The front office has really re-tooled the team over the past 3 off-seasons. Now it's up to coaches and players to get something done.

brady is going to sit back there all day killing us with the short passes if we have no consistent pass rush rush. hopefully with the addition of stroud, and poz being full strength will change that but it's yet to be seen.

F-that. The Giants went after the guy in the Sperbowl and created a lot of problems for the Pats offense. That's the blueprint now for beating them. You can take the cover-2 and file it against them. Rush the QB with 5-6 guys and hit the damn receivers.

F-that. The Giants went after the guy in the Sperbowl and created a lot of problems for the Pats offense. That's the blueprint now for beating them. You can take the cover-2 and file it against them. Rush the QB with 5-6 guys and hit the damn receivers.

That's not how the Giants won. They were getting pressure on Brady with 4-5 guys. I know that seems like splitting hairs, but there's a big difference. Rush 6 guys at Brady and he'll feast off the open seam all day.

That's not how the Giants won. They were getting pressure on Brady with 4-5 guys. I know that seems like splitting hairs, but there's a big difference. Rush 6 guys at Brady and he'll feast off the open seam all day.

The reason the Giants won is because Brady had a high ankle sprain and was off. I hate the Pats, but that's the simple truth. When he didn't have a high ankle sprain, he threw for like 999 yards against them in nasty weather at Giants Stadium a few weeks before.

The reason the Giants won is because Brady had a high ankle sprain and was off. I hate the Pats, but that's the simple truth. When he didn't have a high ankle sprain, he threw for like 999 yards against them in nasty weather at Giants Stadium a few weeks before.

There's a rumor from a well placed source on a Boston area website I read that he had ankle surgery about 10 days before the Super Bowl.

They got lucky Hardy fell to them, but sometimes things break just right for you like that.... I really wanted the WR who went right before him, but I am very happy with Hardy too. I thought Maybe we would package a 3rd and a 4th to move back in at the bottom of the round....

All the top receivers in the draft have problems. The domestic charge against Hardy was from two years ago. Since then he had cleaned up his act. His coach and teammates can testify to that. A month before the draft, I read it from the Indiana message board that said the same thing about him. I think he is a fine young man that is glad to get a second chance. With his skill and size, I think we got ourselves one heck of a receiver. He will need to prove that he can product in NFL like he did in college. But you know he is healthy, ran a good 40s, and did not blame the turf for his performance.

I watched the first day with my little nephew David ... seven months old, already knows more than Kiper. When they took Hardy, little David crapped his pants....

That's 'cause he couldn't believe Hardy was still available...

Really cool video of Hardy on Draft Day..he is overcome with emotion when he is drafted - also great video of he and his son.

http://www.wane.com/Global/category.asp?C=...;nav=menu32_6_1

HARDY ON DRAFT DAY: Thought a lot of you would be interested in seeing some of the behind the scenes footage of James Hardy's draft day as he waited to see where he would be drafted. A Forth Wayne, IN affiliate WANE-TV (his hometown) was with him on draft day and there were some interesting things to come out of it. For example, Tampa called him when they were on the clock at 20 and said it was down to him and one other player, and they wound up taking Aqib Talib. Some good stuff. ---