Chad Johnson Situation

According to the Washington Post

Chad Johnson-WR-Bengals Apr. 26 - 1:29 pm et

Offering "multiple" first-round picks, the Redskins reportedly reached out to the Bengals about Chad Johnson again before the draft but were turned down.

It sounds like Washington was offering its 2009 first-round pick, in addition to this year's (No. 21 overall). The Washington Post believes trading down is now something the 'Skins will weigh heavily, possibly dealing with a team in search of a second-tier quarterback. The Redskins are no longer expected to draft a wideout in the first round.

The Bengals are spiteful, and the redskins hate draft picks. Seriously the bengals aren't winning anything, and their organization is such a cluster !@#$. They should get what they can for Chad now, and try to rebuild their team. The guy doesn't want to play there. Despite never being arrested, like other members of that organization, will just continue to make life miserable for them.

Offering "multiple" first-round picks, the Redskins reportedly reached out to the Bengals about Chad Johnson again before the draft but were turned down.

It sounds like Washington was offering its 2009 first-round pick, in addition to this year's (No. 21 overall). The Washington Post believes trading down is now something the 'Skins will weigh heavily, possibly dealing with a team in search of a second-tier quarterback. The Redskins are no longer expected to draft a wideout in the first round.

I think CIN shoud have taken it, pretty good return for Chad but oh well that's their problem now. They messed up. They won't get the same return for him now JMO

It's the principle that a player cannot force a team to do anything because they're acting as emotional as a 13 year old girl. If the Bengals front office breaks on this one, anybody on that team will think they can demand to leave at any time. I liked Chad Johnson up until he started talking about how he makes the team and fills the stands by himself. It's Terrel Owens all over again. I HOPE that they stick to their guns on this one. I'm getting tired of these million-dollar cry babies.

If this is true, Cincy really sucks. They have a disgruntled WR who wants out and WILL sit out the entire season if he isn't traded and they are being offered that and NOT TAKE IT!?!?!

Absolute craziness.

It's the principle that a player cannot force a team to do anything because they're acting as emotional as a 13 year old girl. If the Bengals front office breaks on this one, anybody on that team will think they can demand to leave at any time. I liked Chad Johnson up until he started talking about how he makes the team and fills the stands by himself. It's Terrel Owens all over again. I HOPE that they stick to their guns on this one. I'm getting tired of these million-dollar cry babies.

you are dead on with your post....i read today that levi jones has asked for a trade as well.if the bengals give in to chad then levi will want out and then all the players will be dictating how long they stay regardless of contract. chad is signed through 2011.why should the bengals be forced to give teams like washington,dallas(big money teams)the player that they drafted.chad has a fair contract.he has never been mistreated by the bengals team...so why should chad be able to go just because he knows washington and dallas will give him even more money.that is why we have contracts and a salary cap...........just another effort of dan snyder and dallas's owner to do whatever they please..................go bills!

you are dead on with your post....i read today that levi jones has asked for a trade as well.i

That's news. You mean he asked for a trade recently? I know he was grousing at the beginning of last season about being "unloved".

He has plenty of love - he drives a $1.2 million dollar Bugatti Veyron... :thumbsup:

you are dead on with your post....i read today that levi jones has asked for a trade as well.if the bengals give in to chad then levi will want out and then all the players will be dictating how long they stay regardless of contract. chad is signed through 2011.why should the bengals be forced to give teams like washington,dallas(big money teams)the player that they drafted.chad has a fair contract.he has never been mistreated by the bengals team...so why should chad be able to go just because he knows washington and dallas will give him even more money.that is why we have contracts and a salary cap...........just another effort of dan snyder and dallas's owner to do whatever they please..................go bills!

Agreed.

On one hand if he was a Bill, I'd be thinking.. F him. If he doesn't want to be here, then screw him. However, on the other hand, I'd think... F him. If he doesn't want to play then let him sit on the bench till 2011 and ruin his career. When you let players run the franchise, it's never good.

That's news. You mean he asked for a trade recently? I know he was grousing at the beginning of last season about being "unloved".

He has plenty of love - he drives a $1.2 million dollar Bugatti Veyron... :thumbsup:

That's big enough for "doughboy" to fit into? :blink:

I'm glad this situation is playing out on another team, but I feel for the Bengals fans. I hope CIN does stick to their guns, make him sit out, play arena ball, when players start acting like two-year-olds, that how they should be dealt with.