Jordy Nelson

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jordy Nelson - Kansas State 6'2 217 4.49-40, 31" Vert, not sure of bench. With that speed and vert I see other guys a bit taller with a better vert who will have more impact. So why the love?

I could care less if we get him or not, I'de rather have Sweed. But what other guys (who are expected to go in the 3rd round) have the same production as him? Look up his college stats and you will be impressed.

I could care less if we get him or not, I'de rather have Sweed. But what other guys (who are expected to go in the 3rd round) have the same production as him? Look up his college stats and you will be impressed.

I think he'll go in the late 1st or the first few picks of R2 (KC really likes him, from what I hear). But as you say, its hard not to be impressed with anyone who catches 122 passes in 12 games in a major conference.

Thomas' 2007 stats: 13 games, 79 catches, 1260 yards, 15.9Avg, 8 TD

Nelson's 2007 stats: 12 games, 122 catches, 1,606 yards 13.2Avg, 11 TD

Jordy Nelson - Kansas State 6'2 217 4.49-40, 31" Vert, not sure of bench. With that speed and vert I see other guys a bit taller with a better vert who will have more impact. So why the love?

Perhaps it was the 122 catches for 1606 yds and 11 tds last season. Just saying. If you are curious about the stats, check the Buffalo News from this morning. He has size, speed and clearly good hands. He's not a first rounder, but he is a good pick up in the second if the Bills go with D in the first round.

He's a tough, smart, productive football player. Too many players simply rely on their God-given physical tools to best their college opponents - but at the elite pro-level nearly everyone is a world-class athlete. At some point you need to consider playing speed and football smarts - tangibles that are very difficult to teach. I just think Nelson has demonstrated he has the intangibles to be a very reliable and productive #2 WR.

Not sure about production yet, but Will Franklin (4.37) and paul Hubbard (4.38) will scare a defense a heck of a lot more.

We have Lee Evans who probably runs atleast a 4.35. He's our deep threat. We need a bigger posession-type WR like Sweed, Kelly, Thomas, or Hardy. Nelson will be alright if we can get him later on in the draft. The problem is he's not as big as Sweed or Hardy, he's not as fast as any of the others, and he doesn't really go up in the air to catch balls as well as the others named. Let the Skins have'm if they want to take him in the 2nd round.

In a world obsessed with measurables and the infamous 'potential,' Nelson stands out for his production and ability to perform in the clutch. I'd love to see this kid in a Bills uni this fall.

He's a tough, smart, productive football player. Too many players simply rely on their God-given physical tools to best their college opponents - but at the elite pro-level nearly everyone is a world-class athlete. At some point you need to consider playing speed and football smarts - tangibles that are very difficult to teach. I just think Nelson has demonstrated he has the intangibles to be a very reliable and productive #2 WR.

I disagree. I think he'll wind up a decent slot receiver in the NFL, certainly not a starting #2 receiver. He just is not athletic enough to translate that college success to the pro wide out level. Slot receiver is his role in the NFL.

To me he looks like the offensive version of a Chris Kelsay, he's good but he's not a good enough athletically to be anything of real worth in a starting role. He's the receiver version of the "high motor" guy who'll be a serviceable player but not excel.

He most definitely is not the answer to our #2 WR problem. Because won't ever scare off NFL defenses from double teaming Lee Evans.

Glad it's not racial. :blink:

I was waiting for the first person to make something out of nothing just because they felt they could. Don't even bring that up in here I'm not racist in any way, shape, or form, so please don't say I am. Thanx :thumbsup:

P.S. Not that you personally called me out but I know what you are getting at.

In all honesty he kinda reminds me of Wes Welker in a way, which I would take in a heartbeat, maybe it's just cuz he is white i have no clue.

Well they're both slot guys and white, so there's that. Welker is much quicker in the open field, nelson is taller, and a longer strider. Really the only similarity is skin tone, and they're both slot receivers. Past that not so much. There's better wr's in this draft then Nelson. Like Donnie Avery/Doucet/Caldwell/Earl Bennett/Jerome Simpson.

I disagree. I think he'll wind up a decent slot receiver in the NFL, certainly not a starting #2 receiver. He just is not athletic enough to translate that college success to the pro wide out level. Slot receiver is his role in the NFL.

To me he looks like the offensive version of a Chris Kelsay, he's good but he's not a good enough athletically to be anything of real worth in a starting role. He's the receiver version of the "high motor" guy who'll be a serviceable player but not excel.

He most definitely is not the answer to our #2 WR problem. Because won't ever scare off NFL defenses from double teaming Lee Evans.

So someone 6' 3" 217 running a 4.51 and a punt returner isn't "athletic?" What is the definition of a #2 other than a big, quick receiver who can run excellent routes, finds a way to get open, has great hands and must be accounted for on every play? Last year he caught 122 passes at K-State against very good defenses. Yeah, I think NFL defenses will have a hard time double-teaming Evans . . .

I was waiting for the first person to make something out of nothing just because they felt they could. Don't even bring that up in here I'm not racist in any way, shape, or form, so please don't say I am. Thanx :thumbsup:

P.S. Not that you personally called me out but I know what you are getting at.

I'm not calling you out at all. Personally, I don't care whether he is white, black, or blue. I want the Bills to pick some good football players and get this team back on track.