Gosselin's Top 100 prospects

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...0.96c05034.html

not a mock draft, but his rankings end up closely mirroring about where players are selected - many think that he's given access to actual draft boards - but there is no dispute that he talks to a lot of NFL scouts in putting together his list (he does not evaluate players himself)

1. Glenn Dorsey DT LSU

2. Darren McFadden HB Arkansas

3. Chris Long DE Virginia

4. Jake Long OT Michigan

5. Sedrick Ellis DT Southern California

6. Matt Ryan QB Boston College

7. Keith Rivers LB Southern California

8. Vernon Gholston DE Ohio State

9. Ryan Clady OT Boise State

10. Rashard Mendenhall HB Illinois

11. Leodis McKelvin CB Troy

12. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tennessee State

13. Derrick Harvey DE Florida

14. Devin Thomas WR Michigan State

15. Mike Jenkins CB South Florida

16. Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh

17. Jonathan Stewart HB Oregon

18. Branden Albert OL Virginia

19. Jerod Mayo LB Tennessee

20. Chris Williams OT Vanderbilt

Only WR around our pick is Devin Thomas, but James Hardy is #23 (much higher than I expected)

others:

27 - DeSean Jackson

34 - Malcolm Kelly

39 - Limas Sweed

Manningham isn't even in the top 100

To show how everyone has their own perspective, McShay this morning said he has Sweed as his #1 WR.

But, Goose has been watching football a heck of a lot longer than McShay and he has a very good track record.

and more, he gets his info from actual scouts rather than "scouting" the players himself

in some way though Sweed makes sense regardless, he may not be the best receiver but he may have the fewest major question marks - Hardy has character problems, Kelly's speed isn't good and has a temper, DeSean is a midget, and Devin Thomas is a one year wonder without the best hands.

To show how everyone has their own perspective, McShay this morning said he has Sweed as his #1 WR.

But, Goose has been watching football a heck of a lot longer than McShay and he has a very good track record.

And I still think Kelly is the best one.

Assuming someone in the top 10 falls (and history tells us someone will) who would you not pick either because of need at a position, or other reasons?

Me?

Darren McFadden

Matt Ryan

Keith Rivers

Rashard Mendenhall

Chances are slim/none that 2 of those guys are available at 11, and the other two might not be in a team's top 10.

Point taken. Really shows good hands and athletic ability to adjust to the throw which is needed regardless of who is covering.

Really too bad he isn't faster or I would say we should take him, but I don't like him, rather have Sweed or Thomas.

Manningham is good, he ALWAYS gets open. Ive watched a ton of michigan games and he is not the same reciever Braylon Edwards was from an all-around perspective but Manningham is talented in his own right. Its too bad hes acted like such a clown the past two months. Some team is either gonna get a great steal or just squander a mid round pick on him now it would seem. Although I wouldn't rule out the Cowboys at 28, you never know with them, if they like a guy they'll just take him. Also, the raiders in the 2nd.

Manningham is good, he ALWAYS gets open. Ive watched a ton of michigan games and he is not the same reciever Braylon Edwards was from an all-around perspective but Manningham is talented in his own right. Its too bad hes acted like such a clown the past two months. Some team is either gonna get a great steal or just squander a mid round pick on him now it would seem. Although I wouldn't rule out the Cowboys at 28, you never know with them, if they like a guy they'll just take him. Also, the raiders in the 2nd.

really? we must have watched different Michigan games :lol:

really? we must have watched different Michigan games :unsure:

I watch Michigan, another wolverine i would love to have on the roster is Mike Hart- before last season he was penciled in to be a mid first round pick, His senior year was hampered by injuries along with a crap load of RBs in the draft this year. Ive been watching this kid since he was in high school (syracuse boy), if he falls to the late 4th or 5th round hed be a nice pickup. RB is a position where you can never have 2 much depth, Stephen Jackson could use somebody pushing him for the #2 spot and could use some help if marshawn goes down, im not sure Dwayne Wright is enough.

I watch Michigan, another wolverine i would love to have on the roster is Mike Hart- before last season he was penciled in to be a mid first round pick, His senior year was hampered by injuries along with a crap load of RBs in the draft this year. Ive been watching this kid since he was in high school (syracuse boy), if he falls to the late 4th or 5th round hed be a nice pickup. RB is a position where you can never have 2 much depth, Stephen Jackson could use somebody pushing him for the #2 spot and could use some help if marshawn goes down, im not sure Dwayne Wright is enough.

I really don't know why we would draft Mike Hart because I think we are pretty well set at RB for the forseeable future, barring injury, but he is one tough sob and A quality football player who I would take on my team anyday. I would not mind if the Bills drafted him around the 4th or later If he falls that far, I see him going in the third round to be honest though, JMO.

RB is a position where you can never have 2 much depth, Stephen Jackson could use somebody pushing him for the #2 spot and could use some help if marshawn goes down, im not sure Dwayne Wright is enough.

Think you mean Freddy Jackson - although it'd be nice to have steven jackson as a BACKUP!!

Think you mean Freddy Jackson - although it'd be nice to have steven jackson as a BACKUP!!

Be a nice problem to have though wouldn't it. :unsure: I wonder who would be the so-called "backup" Lynch or S.Jackson in reality. I'd prolly say Lynch in all honesty, although you know they carries would be darn close to 50-50, they would split