Best NES game ever?

EndZoneCrew

Kids need instant gratification now. We worked for our 30 second crappy ending.

But on the flipside, the NES games brought out violence in me. Nothing like playing through a game, using up all 3 continues and dying at the final boss only to start from the beginning.

I think I have broken (in terms of money) more things from throwing a controller then the cost of the actual console and games added together.

Games today are pretty easy, even Madden on All Madden with the computer AI turned all the way up, I still manage to win the majority of the time. I think today they shoot more for entertainment then they do difficulty.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I have broken (in terms of money) more things from throwing a controller then the cost of the actual console and games added together.

Games today are pretty easy, even Madden on All Madden with the computer AI turned all the way up, I still manage to win the majority of the time. I think today they shoot more for entertainment then they do difficulty.

My son is into the classics... Especially Sonic... He is nine, I think I stunned him... He was throwing a fit one time (we only have one 20" TV that is almost 20 years old)... I walked up and calmly began cutting the cord to his PS2 controller... Of course the pisspot now has a wireless one.

I do agree most people bring their problems on their own selves... Mine? Agreeing for him to have a wireless controller unit.

<_<:beer:

Growing up we had a neighbor who would play a ton of NES and Sega and would always run over to our house to show us how far he got on a certain board...inevitably he'd fail and he'd blame it on our controllers -- which were usually in better condition than his...I think he had to buy us a replacement controller once after getting frustrated at some board and breaking one of ours...

My son is into the classics... Especially Sonic... He is nine, I think I stunned him... He was throwing a fit one time (we only have one 20" TV that is almost 20 years old)... I walked up and calmly began cutting the cord to his PS2 controller... Of course the pisspot now has a wireless one.

I do agree most people bring their problems on their own selves... Mine? Agreeing for him to have a wireless controller unit.

<_<:beer:

One time my brother was playing Punch Out or one of the Mega Man's, got pissed, threw the controller, hit the VCR, and broke the play button. I remember when he tried to fix it by just putting the button back in place but if you pushed it... it fell right into the VCR. Good times.

Kinda off thread topic... Sorry... But speaking of controllers... Any oldies out there remember the old corded cable remote controls that changed channels via the cable box?

Man would we as children give that unit truly a work out... They built those things like tanks!

:doh:

I do, my grandfather had one.

I think that is a sign that you play it way too much

I didn't own an NES, I was well into high school by then and spent very little time at home so I was always at a friend's house playing the NES.

Played Castlevania a whole lot, not sure why, but I loved that game.

Double Dribble... the top corner three-point shot was always money!

Blades of Steel (the penalties were based on who lost the fight... great feature)

Dusty Diamonds Softball... was actually a really cool game. Didn't come out until we were in college, but really fun as I remember.