According to SI.COM, we own two of the worst #1 overall picks

ACor58

Carter and Emtman both had injury problems. WTF?

So did Patulski -- he blew out his knee the year after Buffalo traded him. Injuries apparently weren't taken into account.

So did Patulski -- he blew out his knee the year after Buffalo traded him. Injuries apparently weren't taken into account.

It may be splitting hairs, but I think of Patulski as a bust before he got traded. Carter, on the other hand, blew out his knees twice before ever really even getting under way. He didn't do much for the Bengals either way, but I'm not sure "bust" is the right term. Horrible luck or snake bit franchise seems more apt. Carter actually did play later on, rusty bolts in his knees and all.

Bo Jackson, as for picking him No. 1, or for not being able to sign him? The two are different, as Bo was not a bust.

In my opinion if you draft a player & he NEVER plays for you that is a BUST of a pick. The Bucs didn't even get a 6th or 7th rounder for him. :devil:

However the Bills didnt even pick Kelly with their first pick. The drafted Hunter 12 overall then Kelly fourteenth overall, then he turned around and traded Hunter for Ferragamo.

Ya don't say. Yes, they drafted Tony Hunter with their own pick, then used Cleveland's #1 on Kelly.

Thanks, Mr. Modell! :devil:

Walt Patulski now does speeches for groups. A couple of days ago one of my co-workers stopped my my desk & told me he had attended a speech by a former Bill-Walt Patulski. I told him that Patulski is more successful in the business world than he was as a Bill.

Here's a link to Walt Patulski's Touchdown To Success website:

http://www.waltpatulski.com/

He could play in college