Redskins offer a # 1 and # 3 to the Bengals for Chad Johnson

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the Bengals FO are thinking... Well this is Chad being Chad... Marvin Lewis has a unique relationship with Chad Johnson. Marvin has to believe that in time Chad will quiet down and play football. Are the Bengals supposed to get rid of every player that runs their mouth? Are they going to be held hostage to players? Plus who are they going to get to replace Chad? They just rid the organization of Chris Henry. They have a great QB, a excellent RB, and 1 WR.... They are a few years removed from a team that many thought would contend with the Colts and Pats..... And now they are to rebuild again if they trade Chad....

If someone offered a 1st and 3rd for Lee Evans would you take it? Maybe... But the question is... Does that make your team better this year. Marvin Lewis is in a critical year. The Bengals dont win next year he is gone... Are you going to trade one of your top playmakers for an unproven Rookie when your job is on the line? I wouldnt. Especially if I believed that I could repair the relationship which I guarantee Marvin Lewis believes he can do in Cincy...

Listen, A first and a third is a fair offer but before we go calling the Bengals FO a bunch of dumbasses maybe we ought to take a few things into account like this is a must win year...

With this logic... The Bills would have rid themselves of Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith, and Andre Reed before they became the stars they became for us... Jim Kelly said he would NEVER play in Buffalo. I guess the Bills FO were a bunch of dumbasses and should have rid oursleves of that useless ungrateful bastard when we had the chance...

Marvin Lewis isn't repairing any relationship he may have had with Chad Johnson. The guy doesn't want to play for the Bengals any longer and has made that ABUNDUNTLY clear. To not trade him for what the Redskins are offering is insane. The Bengals are the worst run organization in football this side of the Raiders.

And Marvin Lewis is way overrated as a head football coach. As bad as the Bills have been this decade, we have OWNED the Bengals. Chad Johnson is good, but can be taken out of a game with physical play. The Bengals are making a huge mistake.

Worst part is, it was not just a first and a third. The third came with an escalator clause that could make that third turn into a first in '09.

I don't get it. Chad doesn't wanna be there, and yet the Bengals turn down TWO FIRST ROUND DRAFT CHOICES! That makes no sense.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8060600?MSNHPHMA

I like Lewis's attitude towards this. He is calling his bluff and saying "fine, don't play then"

Basically CJ will either get dealt if Conncy is blown away by a great deal, he sits out and may lose value, or he looks like an idiot in the end when he shows up and plays

Right on. I hope Cincy shows other players who would try to hold their teams hostage that if you are going to sit, then sit. You hurt your own career, you hurt any future contract negotiations, you hurt your teammates, and you become hated throughout football. You signed the contract, now STFU and play. The Bengals may be worse off for eating money and sitting one of their best players, but it would make an example for other selfish players. This whole scenario is so infuriating.

Right on. I hope Cincy shows other players who would try to hold their teams hostage that if you are going to sit, then sit. You hurt your own career, you hurt any future contract negotiations, you hurt your teammates, and you become hated throughout football. You signed the contract, now STFU and play. The Bengals may be worse off for eating money and sitting one of their best players, but it would make an example for other selfish players. This whole scenario is so infuriating.

cincy should defiantly be applauded for their stance........i'm so sick of players signing contracts and then refusing to honor the deal (and before anyone makes the argument that "teams do it all the time" remember that their is no refund on signing bonuses for bad performance - the players get their money up front in exchange for years on a deal)

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8060600?MSNHPHMA

I like Lewis's attitude towards this. He is calling his bluff and saying "fine, don't play then"

Basically CJ will either get dealt if Conncy is blown away by a great deal, he sits out and may lose value, or he looks like an idiot in the end when he shows up and plays

I am not a believer in cutting off ones own nose.

The thing that really P.O.'d me about radiation was that I didn't gain any good super powers. In the comic books a guy gets radiated and gains some cool super powers. I didn't and I'm pissed! :lol: All I got was the ability to make traffic lights change by staring at them. :P

You signed the contract, now STFU and play.

Ugh, I hate this mentality with a passion. With the way NFL contracts work, YOU ARE NOT GUARENTEED your contract you sign. If you sign an 7 year 80M contract with a 10M signing bonus and 10M/year salary...after year 1 you can be cut and walk away with only 20M of your 80M contract.

You say "STFU and Play". Why do we demand a player STFU and play, but not demand owners "STFU and PAY"? Did they also not sign the 7 year 80M contract?

Since contracts are NOT guaranteed and the owners have the right to cancel the contract at ANY time...players feel (and I would opine rightfully so) that they have the right to better themselves and their family by raising hell (i.e. sit out) when they feel they can get more guaranteed money in their contracts. I'd do it if I was a player, and I wont criticize a REAL player for doing it.

That said....changing topics....

I think Cincinnati is playing hard ball here. When on his game (and not pouting), CJ is one of the top 5 WRs in the game. Attitude aside, his talent is worth 2 first round picks. I think Cincinnati feels that by proving to him they WILL NOT trade him, they can convince him to show up and work hard and be "greatful" for what he has and where he is. Basically they are saying "A CJ on the field, and not causing problems, is worth more than the WAS offer". and this was their way of telling him to "STFU and Play"

Ugh, I hate this mentality with a passion. With the way NFL contracts work, YOU ARE NOT GUARENTEED your contract you sign. If you sign an 7 year 80M contract with a 10M signing bonus and 10M/year salary...after year 1 you can be cut and walk away with only 20M of your 80M contract.

You say "STFU and Play". Why do we demand a player STFU and play, but not demand owners "STFU and PAY"? Did they also not sign the 7 year 80M contract?

Since contracts are NOT guaranteed and the owners have the right to cancel the contract at ANY time...players feel (and I would opine rightfully so) that they have the right to better themselves and their family by raising hell (i.e. sit out) when they feel they can get more guaranteed money in their contracts. I'd do it if I was a player, and I wont criticize a REAL player for doing it.

That said....changing topics....

I think Cincinnati is playing hard ball here. When on his game (and not pouting), CJ is one of the top 5 WRs in the game. Attitude aside, his talent is worth 2 first round picks. I think Cincinnati feels that by proving to him they WILL NOT trade him, they can convince him to show up and work hard and be "greatful" for what he has and where he is. Basically they are saying "A CJ on the field, and not causing problems, is worth more than the WAS offer". and this was their way of telling him to "STFU and Play"

Yes, I understand that and partially agree with you. However, do you need to go about getting more money by acting like a jerk, poisoning your team's season before it begins, alienating your fans and upper management, and hurting your own future contract negotiations in the process? Football contracts are not fair to the players because of what you outlined- essentially, giving all the power to the owners. There has to be a better way of negotiating than putting your face on national tv and calling out your coach and teammates every other week. That's why I say STFU and play.

very funny to read this as i was up late last night watching a Bills-Ravens replay. On the scroll, it was going thru the number of picks each team had, and when the Skins came up at 9 i almost couldn't believe it. Could the Skins really have 9 picks????

Now this(offering picks) makes sence to me

Yes, I understand that and partially agree with you. However, do you need to go about getting more money by acting like a jerk, poisoning your team's season before it begins, alienating your fans and upper management, and hurting your own future contract negotiations in the process? Football contracts are not fair to the players because of what you outlined- essentially, giving all the power to the owners. There has to be a better way of negotiating than putting your face on national tv and calling out your coach and teammates every other week. That's why I say STFU and play.

Drew is his agent. This is Rosenhouse 101 on getting out of a city. Worked for McGoofy & TO

The thing that really P.O.'d me about radiation was that I didn't gain any good super powers. In the comic books a guy gets radiated and gains some cool super powers. I didn't and I'm pissed! :angry: All I got was the ability to make traffic lights change by staring at them. :wallbash:

What has me PI$$ED is it SCREWED up my taste buds, & destroyed my saliva glands, & thyroid. :devil::blush::wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: On the positive side I can drink the CHEAPEST SKUNKIEST beer & it tastes as good to me as the good stuff. :thumbsup: My CHEAP A$$ brother inlaw would always bring this cheap crap over, & tell me it tasted as good as the expensive beer I had in the fridge.......... then he would proceed to drink my good beer leaving me his CHEAP CRAP. Now when he comes over I serve him the cheap crap. :thumbsup: