So Marv....

Buftex

and just itching to become a spokesperson for an accounting firm? Was this one of the things you always wanted to do? Was managing the Bills really that boring, and unfillfilling? Hate to think how Marv would handle my job.... :lol:

Good luck Marv...if I ever need to hire an accounting firm, Bandido, or whatever it is called, is my first choice!

Why dis the guy? He probably found out the same thing that EVERYONE who's worked in the Front Office at OBD in a football capacity has and walked away...

Oh, I wasn't dissing the guy...I was going to say something to the effect of "maybe he wasn't so bored, he just knew better"...or, "isn't it amazing that a guy, no matter how old, would give up an NFL GM job, saying he was "bored", only to wind up working for an accounting firm"...I just thought it was amusing. I think I am well on record here as thinking the Bills ownership/managment is screwed up...no disrespect toward Marv Levy was intended. The way he left the Bills, it always seemed like there was more to the story...

Oh, I wasn't dissing the guy...I was going to say something to the effect of "maybe he wasn't so bored, he just knew better"...or, "isn't it amazing that a guy, no matter how old, would give up an NFL GM job, saying he was "bored", only to wind up working for an accounting firm"...I just thought it was amusing. I think I am well on record here as thinking the Bills ownership/managment is screwed up...no disrespect toward Marv Levy was intended. The way he left the Bills, it always seemed like there was more to the story...

I don't think there was much more to the story other than Ralph saying something like " Marv, we need to stamp your face on this organization before the whole thing goes up in flames. You don't really have to do anything other than those NAC commercials. People around these parts love you and this will take the heat away from me for a little while until we right this ship."

Marv was bored doing a lot of non-football things and discovered the full time job was not worth what enjoyed in it.

As the others have pointed out the marketing gig is a just a spokeman type of part time job and is a sweet gig which is very different than what he was doing for Bills.