For Stern fans.......Arties Back....

The Poojer

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

see that's why I put in the thread title "For Stern fans...." it really amazes me why people feel compelled to make disparaging comments on things they do not care about or do not like...or I guess "hate". But if you must you must, thanks for the contribution and even more so, bumping this thread up for even more exposure.

:thumbsup:

Stern sucks. It's been 15 years since he was funny. I hate him but I love to diss him on message boards.

did you hear it? if it was fake(which it was not) then they all deserve oscars

Nope, I haven't listened to Stern in years (since he was good, and before he started crying all the time about the guy from CBS before he went to satelite, and I refuse to pay for radio that still has commercials)

but it seems like a big co-incidence that this huge fight breaks out and he quits right before they are going on vacation, and then they come back and he is back

I think Artie would be F'd without the show. He's been a successful stand-up and has greenlit some movies, but the majority of those opportunities turned lucrative AFTER he was a success on the Stern show. Obviously, he made it to MadTV on his own, but he also wasn't 320 lbs at that point, and his substance abuse wasn't so well-documented. He had a stretch at the end of FM radio and the beginning of Sirius where he was absolutely ON FIRE....I had tears in my eyes laughing at some of his bits and especially his off-the-cuff comments...Lately, he hasn't been doing it for me...His reality can be funny and entertaining, but for the most part, his "woe is me" attitude makes him sound like a whiney, lazy B word IMO.

On the flip side, there would be an adjustment period, but I'm sure the Stern show would be just fine without Artie. Either rotate sit-in guests in his seat, or hire someone much the same way they hired Artie. Or leave it empty like they do on the one day every week that Artie calls in sick.

Maybe Artie watched "Beer League" during his week off and realized that his career outside of the show might not be such a sure-thing.

I refuse to pay for radio that still has commercials

Sat radio is about the only radio that has NO commercials, at least on the music stations.

I'd guess most Internet stations have no commercials but maybe I'm wrong.

Anything on the FM dial has commercials. Even the NPR-type stations have commercials. They just call them sponsorships.

did you hear it? if it was fake(which it was not) then they all deserve oscars

if you guys are interested in hearing it:

and its not that hard to fake a fight, or "act", especially for someone who has been in movies and TV.

put me and my 2 friends on the radio and we could fake a petty argument that escalates too far.

not that hard.

if you guys are interested in hearing it:

and its not that hard to fake a fight, or "act", especially for someone who has been in movies and TV.

put me and my 2 friends on the radio and we could fake a petty argument that escalates too far.

not that hard.

Also add in the fact that it is on the radio too, a little easier to act when you only have to make it sound like something is going on

Also add in the fact that it is on the radio too, a little easier to act when you only have to make it sound like something is going on

exactly.

"OMG DrDank and APusz are fighting!"

*rustles papers over microphone*

*yells from the background*

Sat radio is about the only radio that has NO commercials, at least on the music stations.

I'd guess most Internet stations have no commercials but maybe I'm wrong.

Anything on the FM dial has commercials. Even the NPR-type stations have commercials. They just call them sponsorships.

I don't mind the commercials if I am paying nothing for radio, but if I am paying money for it, I don't want to hear "sponsor" or commercials.

And besides Stern, or the occasional other "radio show" thats only on Satelite radio, I wouldn't pay to listen to commercial free radio

Yes, but its not like there is a free alternative to getting TV with antenna's being pretty much obsolete

The only reason there are commercials on the talk stations is that no one can talk for 4 hours without a break. Except my wife.

All 100 something music stations are commercial free. And the commercial breaks are about 1/2 as long as FM radio

eric the midget claimed it was fake this morning.....but then again, it is eric the midget.....

eehh.....go to....eehh....JFSC.TV......eehh......come check out my moustache....eehh