What player do you NOT want the Bills to draft at #11?

no OL depth?

The season is over if Peters gets hurt or the Duke plays for an extended period of time.

All of those fancy offensive weapons everyone wants become useless and Edwards probably gets maimed.

Not to mention that Fowler can't maintain at the point of attack on running plays.

Don't need it first round, is what I meant.

Of all the players that get mentioned on this board and in mock drafts, for me that player would be Keith Rivers.

I feel we have a solid starting linebacker core of Poz, Mitchell and Crowell. Not to mention 2 decent backups.

If need be we can always draft another 'backer later in the draft.

My belief is, if a team is to take a linebacker as high as pick 11 in the draft, that player should have very good pass rush potentiaL and be a playmaker.

Keith Rivers had 0 sacks last year and 0 interceptions.

That's the kind of playmaker we can do without.

MALCOME SLOW a## kelly

I really don't understand the afinity for DRC. He's certainly tall, but his lanky frame does not lend itself to playing the run tough, which is what the C2 calls for.

IMO, man coverage is too overated for the Bills, and it's pointed out time and time again. For my money, Brandon Flowers, Antoine Cason, or even McKelvin if available are better suited to the Bills scheme.

DRC and Aqib Talib have bust written all over them, especially in a C2 defense.

Obviously "terrible" is used as a very subjective term. Literally he is not a terrible football player. Literally he is probably a pretty good football player. But being someone who uses a message board, I afford myself the luxury of hyperbole from time to time. Forgive me. That being said, Devin Thomas would not be a good fit for our needs. He has terrible -- and I am being literal here -- hands and he is going to need a few years of babysitting before he is ready to contribute on any level.

Watch some MSU games and get off McShay's mock draft before you question anyones football knowledge around here, alright?

First let me respond to the post. I would NOT want the Bills take O-Line (except C, but there isn't anyone at that position worthy of a 1st round pick, so I'm not worried) or any D-Line in the first round. We have needs at positions, most notably WR, TE, C, and CB. That being said, I would not want to see DRC or M. Kelly taken.

As for Devin Thomas being good or bad. I live in Michigan and like MSU. I watched all of their games this year, both the good and the bad. I did not go there for undergrad, but a lot of my friends in MI did. Let me be clear. Having watched Devin Thomas during this season the following statements are NOT TRUE.

1. Devin Thomas has bad hands. This is just a statement that is beyond ridiculous. I'm sorry, the guy not only catches pretty much everything thrown in his direction, he GOES UP FOR THE BALL. Also, he is 6'2" 225. You know who else was that same size? Eric Moulds, and he turned out pretty well. In fact, D. Thomas reminds me a lot of Moulds in terms of his style of play.

2. Devin Thomas needs babysitting. Everything I saw from the kid in his post game interviews demonstrated to me that he was a character guy who was more interested in his team winning football games than his own personal glory. Further, he runs good routes and worked in against top notch opposition, week in and week out. He did not have fantastic games against Ohio State or Michigan, true, but then again neither did James Hardy from Indiana, and no one is questioning his hands or ability to contribute. The fact is, Thomas is game ready, and while any rookie will require time to grow, this guy is going to be a heck of a talent. Buffalo should take him if he is available, though I don't think they will take him if they stay at #11. If they move back to 19 I think they take him there.

So according to this thread, someone is gonna be upset if we draft at pick #11:

Keith Rivers

Devin Thomas

DeSean Jackson

Mike Jenkins

Aqib Talib

Branden Albert

Derrick Harvey

Malcolm Kelly

Philip Merling

DRC

any player not on the OL or the defensive front 7

any cb

any non-WR

I guess it is safe to say someone is gonna be upset no matter whom we draft at 11