25 Years ago, today.

And this year will mark the 67th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Point?

There are probably plenty here that are taking in the sights on their Mitsubishi big screen or hopping to the market in their new fuel saving Lancer.

Point?

There really is none...

;):wallbash:

This year will also mark the 63rd anniversery of Japan's surrender on the Missouri.

Point? That war lasted 4 years.

I think Exiled's point is that Islam has been at war with the West longer than the West realizes

This year will also mark the 63rd anniversery of Japan's surrender on the Missouri.

Point? That war lasted 4 years.

I think Exiled's point is that Islam has been at war with the West longer than the West realizes

Lasted longer than that when speaking of Japan's rising ambitions...

What about stressed tensions with the Empire of Japan for the first half of the century after the Russo-Japanese War... And even after the First Sinno-Japanese War?

Japan did move to accept western ideals from the get go in the middle of the 19th century though... Will that ever happen with Islam, very unlikely... Now is the time for creative thinking... We aren't going to crush them and assimilate them (Islam) in the "classic" sense... We have apples and oranges here.

Islam has been at war with the "west" since before there was a "west"....if we are the "west". Of course they've been warring with Europe forever, but both sides are to blame for that, you know that stupid Holy Grail and all.

Religion is so stupid.

Islam has been at war with the "west" since before there was a "west"....if we are the "west". Of course they've been warring with Europe forever, but both sides are to blame for that, you know that stupid Holy Grail and all.

Religion is so stupid.

Islam's war with Europe predates the Crusades by a good number of centuries...Charles Martel and Tours, for example. The conflict of European vs. Arabic culture goes back probably before even the rise of Islam (one could - and I would - argue that it goes back to the Greco-Persian wars at least).

Like most old-world conflicts...I don't know how you'd go about assigning "blame" for that. It's a peculiar Americanism to even try.

And this year will mark the 67th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Point?

There are probably plenty here that are taking in the sights on their Mitsubishi big screen or hopping to the market in their new fuel saving Lancer.

Point?

There really is none...

:thumbsup:;)

Hey, the new Lancer is a badass car.

/owns one

Islam's war with Europe predates the Crusades by a good number of centuries...Charles Martel and Tours, for example. The conflict of European vs. Arabic culture goes back probably before even the rise of Islam (one could - and I would - argue that it goes back to the Greco-Persian wars at least).

Like most old-world conflicts...I don't know how you'd go about assigning "blame" for that. It's a peculiar Americanism to even try.

You could also point out the Moors invasion invasion of Spain .

Hey, the new Lancer is a badass car.

/owns one

It is... The Lancer Evolution, right?

A guy @ work brought in his son's new '08... It is one freaking car... Bang for the buck!

So was the Jap Zero... One bad ass plane... Later on they got a lot of bang for their (Japanese) buck because all they to do is train their pilots to take off and fly, why train them to land?

:thumbsup:;)

It is... The Lancer Evolution, right?

A guy @ work brought in his son's new '08... It is one freaking car... Bang for the buck!

So was the Jap Zero... One bad ass plane... Later on they got a lot of bang for their (Japanese) buck because all they to do is train their pilots to take off and fly, why train them to land?

:thumbsup::D

Naw, I didn't buy an evo (those cost like $35k), just the regular one fully loaded (paid $21,400 out the door).