If Matt Ryan is there at #11,do you take him?

QB situation is OK,but do you not take Matt Ryan there if he's there...?

It's really not that unthinkable,with the way the draft has been in recent years...

If he gets by Atlanta,which seems very likely right now....Chiefs have croyle and won't do it there....which basically leaves Baltimore if knowone has traded up for Matt...(they may want to wait for a Flacko or Brahm or so...)

So there he is sitting at #11....Do you take him with other needs if nobody will trade up to you to get him?

I think you have to,don't you?Best available player...

What do you think?

Seriously? You actually wasted time in your day to think of that and transcribe it here?

Answer: No.

What the Bills really need isn't a top CB, DE or WR, but another QB. Let's draft 2 while were at it and have 4-deep at QB.

By the way, strong 2nd post. I think you proved your lack of football knowledge by this statement: "Chiefs have croyle and won't do it there"

If Ryan somehow manages to last beyond Atlanta (very possible), KC (less possible) and Baltimore (almost impossible), then he will probably be taken by Carolina at #13. I know that Buffalo's top brass preaches value, but I don't think they're so dedicated to value that they would throw a high-ticket QB into the carousel.

Ryan is a fine player - great competitor, good enough arm, but careless with the football. He wouldn't be considered a top-10 pick if it wasn't for the constant demand for qbs and the willingness of teams to reach for them.

So in answer - good lord no.

Highly unlikely the Bills have him rated that high to begin with. But let's just SAY they did, ok? I'd have NO problem with them taking him as the best player. NONE. What if Elway, Manning, Kelly, were on the board at 11?

GO BILLS!!!

I don't think he'll last till #11, but stranger things have happened.

In any event, while Ryan is the best QB of this class, I don't think I would take him. I think his interception issues are going to be magnified in the NFL for a while until he learns the game (which I do think will come with time), and I think its important for the Bills to get to the playoffs sooner rather than later for the sake of the franchise.

Highly unlikely the Bills have him rated that high to begin with. But let's just SAY they did, ok? I'd have NO problem with them taking him as the best player. NONE. What if Elway, Manning, Kelly, were on the board at 11?

GO BILLS!!!

Kelly was on the board at #11. And the Bills took Tony Hunter. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure the kid is all that good. He's benefiting from a very weak QB crop. I'm no pro scout but I don't see a lot of separation between Ryan and Henne. Teams that draft them will hope for a Mark Bulger-type player...But I see them probably ending up more as Rex Grossman-types.

I'm not sure the kid is all that good. He's benefiting from a very weak QB crop. I'm no pro scout but I don't see a lot of separation between Ryan and Henne. Teams that draft them will hope for a Mark Bulger-type player...But I see them probably ending up more as Rex Grossman-types.

Yeah. I agree. I never thought highly of him. Had he been in last year's draft he would of been the third or fourth ranked QB. I think at best he could be a good, servicable QB, but no Peyton.

We trade down if he is there. No way do we waste our #11 overall pick on a 3rd string quarterback.

I am still hoping for someone to implement my 2 QB offense. If that ever happened, I would want a good third QB to both back-up and relieve the 2 QBs from time to time.