The Bills need to make it happen

I do not think this post is outlandish like some of you suggest. I concede to his immaturity, recent britney spears behavior and being selfish for more money. However, being 30 is only detriment to RB's (if you knew football), his #'s do not lie, he is still one of the best WR's in the AFC. I do not (nor does any football anaylst or his teamates) question his work ethic and productivity on game day or practices. He was not implicated in any complicties nor has he bitched before this abrupt quarrel w/ his team and coach (at least not notably).

Its absurd to think he could not lift our offense up substanially. I do feel character is an issue that warrants attention but 'JP's Landscaper' arose a vaild point in desperate times (no playoff spot in the 21st century,QB controversy since Kelly, being in the same division as the Patriots and on the verge of losing the franchise to Candians) seeks deperate measures. Not saying lets do anything to get him but perhaps a 2nd or 3rd rd pk (then get a top defensive rookie w/ our 1st) could help this team get a playoff spot. Its at least worth contemplating which some of you refuse to do and seem content being one of 3 teams that have not made the playoffs in the 21st century or concede to the notion that this franchise needs help.

There is no I in team and even though I like Chad I'm not sure he wouldn't disrupt what we are building. We draft a wide out,we resign Lee Evans and we watch Marshawn develop into a marque player this year.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For all those saying that Johnson is a lockerroom cancer, or talks too much....did anyone happen to catch any taped interviews from a Mr Lee Evans last year? Evans WORDS during the season were much more harmful to the team than Johnson's ACTIONS. Johnson has a beef with Cincy now because he is setting up for one last big contract, and Marvin Lewis has been throwing Johnson under the bus as an excuse to why he can't control a room full of 53 men.

I don't think Johnson would score a 100 on the Harvard mental stability scale, but the way people get painted with such a broad brush is crazy in itself. Johnson might actually be the type of guy to loosen up the offense to the point where they come out with a little attitude. The only guy on the offense that does that is Royal...and he doesn't have the bombs to back up the rhetoric. The problem is, we need WR help, and the draft may be iffy in that regard.

Now it is possible Johnson has gone a little Brittany Spears, but if he is added to the right environment where he feels some love...I think he would be a huge asset. Hell, for a 2nd round pick, I'll volunteer to be his big brother and take Ocho and Marshawn for the weekly Dave+Buster's trip. We can have popcorn...and milkshakes...and win some fuzzy animals out of the crane (I'm awesome at that). The city wins a SuperBowl and we all live happily ever after. If he doesn't work out, call him Bucky Brooks and cut him next season.

I know...Chad has a big mouth etc...but the guy is a legit #1 WR...imagine Chad, Evans, and Lynch and an offense that is now Fairchild free, and the Bills offense will become a Top 15 offensive unit.

Ocho Cinco brings some other things to the table:

1. Personality: If I am looking at this from a business standpoint, it gives my franchise some relevance, better talent, and a personality that can only help my franchise sell more tickets and jerseys. PR is big for business. No matter how much we hate ESPN for hyping other teams and ignoring Buffalo, that will not happen with Chad in the fold.

2. Production: No denying what he can do on the field, and the ripple effect will be great...makes Lee that much better, Parrish etc...opens things up for the running game because defenses will not be able to stack the box against Lynch.

3. Instant Impact: Sure, the Bills can draft a WR at 11. Generally, WR's do not produce right away, and Jauron and the Bills are at a point where a move needs to be made to get into the Top 6. If the Bills can trade a 2nd for Chad as an example, that #11th pick can be used on a guy like Derrick Harvey to improve the D-line. Win Win situation for the Bills.

Make it happen Brandon!!!

I agree. And we shouldnt have to overpay...maybe a 2nd or 3rd.

There is no I in team and even though I like Chad I'm not sure he wouldn't disrupt what we are building. We draft a wide out,we resign Lee Evans and we watch Marshawn develop into a marque player this year.

No WR really merits our 11th pk. Even if we do get a good one, its going to take some time for him to develop. I just dont think we have the time and perhaps we need to consider thinking outside the box. AFC is so competive that if we ever want to make a legit run at a playoff spot, we need to be assertive. I do want to reiterate that charcter is vital and I would not want to draft anyone w/ issues but chad is not comparable w/ Pacman,T.O.,Hanesworth (could of killed that guy he stomped on), and Vick.

I think we should take a chance on this guy to compete w/ the Pats or at least consider it. It's imperative that we make the playoffs this century!!!!!!

No WR really merits our 11th pk. Even if we do get a good one, its going to take some time for him to develop. I just dont think we have the time and perhaps we need to consider thinking outside the box. AFC is so competive that if we ever want to make a legit run at a playoff spot, we need to be assertive. I do want to reiterate that charcter is vital and I would not want to draft anyone w/ issues but chad is not comparable w/ Pacman,T.O.,Hanesworth (could of killed that guy he stomped on), and Vick.

I think we should take a chance on this guy to compete w/ the Pats or at least consider it. It's imperative that we make the playoffs this century!!!!!!

Johnson isn't close to being in Owens' league. Johnson will not be with any team other than the Bengals next season- the cap hit is more than he is worth as a player

Im all for Chad Johnson being on the Buffalo Bills........Seriously after Evans who else do we have on the team thats worth while at WR? Please, hold the Roscoe Parrish thoughts.

Roscoe is a nice special teams player, as far as WR goes....hes below average at best. You all know it. Hell of a special teamer though I cant argue that. Made a nice play here and there for the O, but in all reality, Evans needs someone better opposite him, Chad Johnson would be that guy. I always think a fresh team can change a player, thus far Terrell Owens and Moss have not been major problems for their teams and they are being productive and their teammates love them. At this point, and what we all have been through with the Bills, Id love to have Chad Johnson on this team! He can bing his baggage with him..........

However, the real question is, would Chad Johnson want to come to Buffalo............

Johnson isn't close to being in Owens' league. Johnson will not be with any team other than the Bengals next season- the cap hit is more than he is worth as a player

Was not comparing their talent, I was comparing their propensity to be a lockeroom (or criminal backround) distraction. In that case Chad is an angel next to T.O. who has thus far broke up 2 (49ers,Eagles) lockerooms and probaly not finished. At least chad waited till the offseason to make his selfish demand.

Im all for Chad Johnson being on the Buffalo Bills........Seriously after Evans who else do we have on the team thats worth while at WR? Please, hold the Roscoe Parrish thoughts.

Roscoe is a nice special teams player, as far as WR goes....hes below average at best. You all know it. Hell of a special teamer though I cant argue that. Made a nice play here and there for the O, but in all reality, Evans needs someone better opposite him, Chad Johnson would be that guy. I always think a fresh team can change a player, thus far Terrell Owens and Moss have not been major problems for their teams and they are being productive and their teammates love them. At this point, and what we all have been through with the Bills, Id love to have Chad Johnson on this team! He can bing his baggage with him..........

However, the real question is, would Chad Johnson want to come to Buffalo............

"However, the real question is, would Chad Johnson want to come to Buffalo............"

Precisley my point! We need to make this franchise once again a place where good free agents actually want to play. The only recipe for that = winning

Yeah but you're also on a crusade for us to draft Hardy, so I think it's fair to say you tend to look on the lighter side of character problems, more willing to give either a pass than I am. That being said, I think Chad might be cracking up. I just hope he doesn't swallow sleeping pills like TO did.