anyone have a recommedation for a good set of running shoes

The Poojer

New Balance! I believe New Balance is the only sneaker made in America too. Not in some third world sweat shop

Saucony is also made in the USA. I have been happy with their shoes.

Here is some quick advice when getting back into running. Start off with short distances for a few weeks. Even with good shoes your shins will be in pain if you push too hard too soon.

NOVA did a special on if they could take non runners and train them to be marathon runners. There were 13 random people who stuck with the program and 12 of 13 completed the marathon after training. Here is the sight- they have info when episodes are gonna re-air, and there is lots of great training info, especially for beginners.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/marathon/

First step is to figure out if you are a overpronator, neutral, or underpronator? Then select shoes based on this, rather than on Brand. I think they are all pretty good, just depends on preference.

My one advice is stretch, stretch and then stretch some more after workouts. An ounce of prevention.........,

Nothing yet. My primary Dr. looked at it and referred my to a podiatrist. After talking to him and doing some research on it, it looks like surgery is the only way. I've had mine for about 6-8 months. Its not going to go away, I'm afraid. No, on the arch supports and orthotics.

Its bothersom, but I keep procrastinating. :thumbsup:

I am going to check out a local Good Feet store about orthotics. I had a pair in the past but I wore them out and never bought new ones.

Over the time that I injured my foot I stopped stretching. Did not stretching lead to the injury? I don't know but I am going to start some gentle stretching to see if it aids the healing.

I have talked to a few runners who had doubts that the plantar fisciitis is chronic.

On another topic, one asked why go to this board asking about running shoes, etc., well, by looking at how many people have TSW accounts (thousands) and all the varied backgrounds they represent, why not ask? There is a wealth of info on this wall along with some great entertainment!

I blew out my Air Max 360s (which I absolutely loved) on a run over the weekend so I went to the local running store (Athlete's Foot) and they suggested the Nike Air Zoom Vomero. I tried them on and they felt great. I haven't run in them yet but I can't wait to get out tomorrow and see how they feel. I'll report back later.

New Balance. They have shoes for in-steps and out-steps and all kinds of widths. They always have some sort of sale going on (Free Shipping, $10 off $75 purchase).

I had a pair of New Balance running shoes last spring . . . the interior linng on the left shoe tore within 2 weeks and caused blisters on my heel . . . Not sure if that is worthy of condeming the entire brand, but I'll never buy NB running shoes again . . .