Our Schedule

A few things about our schedule we can bet on:

Guarantee 1) We'll either play Miami and/or New England IN Miami or New England the week AFTER they bye. AND, it will likely be our 2nd week in a row on the road. This type of crap happens every freakin' year. Seems like we've played one or the other on the road with them coming off their bye, for several years now.

Guarantee 2) Another conspiracy-lovers tidbit: We'll likely play more teams coming off their byes than any other team. I've looked at this for several years and it is more than coincidence. I'd like to see the actual numbers in the last 5-7 years or so. I'll bet we are at the top, or in the top few, for games played against teams coming off their byes. . . usually on their home field!

Guarantee 3) As a kicker, we usually play 3 of the last 4 on the road. Granted, we've asked for this somewhat. It has a lot to do with our weather. But, the last 3 out of 4, and absolutely week #17 on the road.

Also, the chances of road primetime games is much more likely than home primetime games.

Guarantee 1) We'll either play Miami and/or New England IN Miami or New England the week AFTER they bye. AND, it will likely be our 2nd week in a row on the road. This type of crap happens every freakin' year. Seems like we've played one or the other on the road with them coming off their bye, for several years now.

Guarantee 2) Another conspiracy-lovers tidbit: We'll likely play more teams coming off their byes than any other team. I've looked at this for several years and it is more than coincidence. I'd like to see the actual numbers in the last 5-7 years or so. I'll bet we are at the top, or in the top few, for games played against teams coming off their byes. . . usually on their home field!

Guarantee 3) As a kicker, we usually play 3 of the last 4 on the road. Granted, we've asked for this somewhat. It has a lot to do with our weather. But, the last 3 out of 4, and absolutely week #17 on the road.

Also, the chances of road primetime games is much more likely than home primetime games.

If only someone had started a thread where we could make our schedule predictions :wallbash:

These last two "guarantees" are not based on any fact. This has happened only 3 times since the Bills "Super Bowl era" (1990,1993, and 1996). The Billls didn't do too bad two of those three years.

You might want to look at it the other way. With a young team on the rise (we hope!), the Bills might get an advantage if the had more home games early on. The Bills have struggled to start strong, for the last 8 seasons, but have gotten "hot" midway throught the season, only to fizzle at the end.

As for the road primetime game thingy, there may be something to that (Ralph Wilson requested Bills primetime games be road games), but we are coming off of a season where the Bills had two home primetime games...granted only one was scheduled before the season (Cowboys), but the "flex" schedule gave the whole world a chance to see the Patriots whipe the field with our guys, something like 53-10, at the Ralph...the Cowboys game was generally considered one of the better games in the first 12 weeks of the season, and Buffalo made a very good national impression that night, as a great "football town". I bet we get another primetimer in Buffalo.

the Cowboys game was generally considered one of the better games in the first 12 weeks of the season, and Buffalo made a very good national impression that night, as a great "football town". I bet we get another primetimer in Buffalo.

Yeah... The Buffalo primetimer will be in Toronto!!!

"Put that in your pipe and smoke it, football town!!!"

Sincerely,

the NFL Elite- :wallbash:

We've gotten NE after their bye 4 years in a row now--the odds of that happening randomly is like 1 in 4,000, so call me a conspiracy theorist, but there's something up with that.

We've gotten NE after their bye 4 years in a row now--the odds of that happening randomly is like 1 in 4,000, so call me a conspiracy theorist, but there's something up with that.

I wouldn't know how to figure that out best so I'll leave it to the resident actuarial people but I know it's pretty unlikely. Like 1 in 21 chance each season.

I would like to point out that based on our record the last eight years or so, NE* can't really be too happy about this either. I am sure they would like to have, say, the Cowboy's or Colts after thier bye...

I would like to point out that based on our record the last eight years or so, NE* can't really be too happy about this either. I am sure they would like to have, say, the Cowboy's or Colts after thier bye...

I'm not so sure about that considering your division opponents are the most important games to win from going to the playoffs standpoint and it's also worth noting that most years during that period (2007 being a Jets-inspired exception) we were considered their biggest threat going into the season. Still a bit more "smoke" around the Pats* in my view.

Falstaff, as to the calc, it's a 1/8 chance per year times 4 years (1/8*1/8*1/8*1/8).

Poor San Diego, they have an away game week 5 at Miami after a Miami bye, and then week 7 away game against Buffalo after a Buffalo bye.

Damn, do you like to be wrong or what? Remind me to never take your guarantees seriously -- that's a big OH-for-3.