I'd be frustrated if

I don't think we should use one with the #11, but I wouldn't mind if we did. That being said, I have no idea what the Bills brass has in mind and how they are ranking players. If we don't take a WR at 11, and don't trade down, I hope we trade back into the first round. If we don't get Sweed (who I prefer most), Thomas, or Hardy I'd be pretty upset

I probably won't be disappointed so much as I'll be concerned. The Bills haven't exactly done a good job of drafting quality starters outside of R1 in recent years, particularly on offense. At this point, I have very little confidence in their ability to upgrade that position in R2 or 3. Doesn't mean that if they do that, the guy won't be a star player, but I'll have to see it to believe it at this point. I think that we'd more than likely be looking at a guy who will struggle to beat out Parrish and Reed at that point.

Of course, if they don't believe a WR is worth that 11th pick, by all means, skip it.

Are you sure? Because everyone else on this board thinks we can wait until around the third for someone to magically fall in to our laps.

Ha, I know. That's what worries me. Why don't we stockpile our DE and go into the season with midgets at #2 Wr spot

I don't think we should use one with the #11, but I wouldn't mind if we did. That being said, I have no idea what the Bills brass has in mind and how they are ranking players. If we don't take a WR at 11, and don't trade down, I hope we trade back into the first round. If we don't get Sweed (who I prefer most), Thomas, or Hardy I'd be pretty upset

My only problem with taking Sweed is if he doesn't get off to a good start, his name makes it too easy for member of this board to jump on him with names like Lame-ass Sweed or Limas no-speed or what if he fails a drug test - Limas Weed. Other than that I like the guy. :thumbsup:

Ha, I know. That's what worries me. Why don't we stockpile our DE and go into the season with midgets at #2 Wr spot

yah, i dont get it... to me, WR seems to be the most OBVIOUS need, yet tons of people on here want us to go with a DE... In my mind, schobel and kelsay, while aging and maybe not in their prime, make us pretty solid at the position

I probably won't be disappointed so much as I'll be concerned. The Bills haven't exactly done a good job of drafting quality starters outside of R1 in recent years, particularly on offense. At this point, I have very little confidence in their ability to upgrade that position in R2 or 3. Doesn't mean that if they do that, the guy won't be a star player, but I'll have to see it to believe it at this point. I think that we'd more than likely be looking at a guy who will struggle to beat out Parrish and Reed at that point.

Of course, if they don't believe a WR is worth that 11th pick, by all means, skip it.

Define recently. Buffalo has done a very good job finding starting talent late in the draft the past two years. Poz was a #2 choice and Ko Simpson was a #4. Brad Butler was a #6 and Kyle Williams was a #5 and Trent Edwards was a #3. As far as I can tell, that looks like a lot of Rd 2 and later talent that is starting caliber. Even if you look at the rest of the team, there are not a lot of first round starters still playing for us. Lynch and McCargo and Whitner and Evans. After that, it's not easy to find one from the last seven seasons. Most of them are gone. This team has been built on later round talent that has stepped up and shown they can play at the pro level. I expect more of the same this year.

Get used to being frustrated then... cuz there ain't a top wide out in this draft. No instant puddin!! I don't think the Bills will touch a wr before R3 unless they clearly see value with their R2 pick.

That would be as bad as Donahoe ignoring the offense and defensive lines for years. We can't ignore this and hope someone falls into our laps. We won't pull off a miracle trade for Chad Johnson either. The Bills will go WR in round one, round two at the latest and even i think they would be to late. Quit worrying about what Mel Kiper will say about Value, take the player that helps your team the most

Define recently. Buffalo has done a very good job finding starting talent late in the draft the past two years. Poz was a #2 choice and Ko Simpson was a #4. Brad Butler was a #6 and Kyle Williams was a #5 and Trent Edwards was a #3. As far as I can tell, that looks like a lot of Rd 2 and later talent that is starting caliber. Even if you look at the rest of the team, there are not a lot of first round starters still playing for us. Lynch and McCargo and Whitner and Evans. After that, it's not easy to find one from the last seven seasons. Most of them are gone. This team has been built on later round talent that has stepped up and shown they can play at the pro level. I expect more of the same this year.

It depends on how you define quality. Posluszny should be a very good player, but most of the rest are starting simply because the Bills have nothing better. That doesn't mean that I don't like them, some I think could become quality starters, but they're not there yet.