[closed]Rob Johnson/JP Losman

major

JP Losman and Rob Johnson seem to be the same QB. Their careers in Buffalo are eerily similar. Of course, that could be due to the fact that both had mulitple coaching changes during their tenures, bad O-lines, etc... Both seem to hold onto the ball too long, get sacked too much, get replaced by backup QB's , injury prone, etc... And, they were both the QB of the future for the Bills. Anyone feel the same?

I think what parrallels the two QBs the most is the fans.

Just like with RJ, these fans defended JP as if you were offending their family.

Then came stage 2 where you could actually criticize RJ without having the maniacs go off the deep end.

We have that now with JP as these extremists are starting to wake up to the fact that they might be wrong but they are still waivering.

The final stage with RJ came a couple of years after he left Buffalo where at that point you couldn't find anyone that would admit to

ever having been an RJ fan.

This stage will come after JP gets a couple of shots with other teams.

Then you won't be able to find these same fans that said it was bad coaching etc etc. , they'll all say they knew he was a bust.

Honestly can anyone find a fan that admits he was an RJ die-hard ?

nope

The same will hold true for the losman groupies.

I think what parrallels the two QBs the most is the fans.

Just like with RJ, these fans defended JP as if you were offending their family.

Then came stage 2 where you could actually criticize RJ without having the maniacs go off the deep end.

We have that now with JP as these extremists are starting to wake up to the fact that they might be wrong but they are still waivering.

The final stage with RJ came a couple of years after he left Buffalo where at that point you couldn't find anyone that would admit to

This stage will come after JP gets a couple of shots with other teams.

Then you won't be able to find these same fans that said it was bad coaching etc etc. , they'll all say they knew he was a bust.

Honestly can anyone find a fan that admits he was an RJ die-hard ?

nope

The same will hold true for the losman groupies.

Stop answering your own questions troll

Stop answering your own questions troll

Listen troll I will reply to a post when I choose.

You know what, you fit the profile of the fans I just described.

Soon you will want to deny that you were the losman fan boy that you are now.

You'll probably change you user name again.

Listen troll I will reply to a post when I choose.

You know what, you fit the profile of the fans I just described.

Soon you will want to deny that you were the losman fan boy that you are now.

You'll probably change you user name again.

No i probley won't actually. And im not a troll, a troll is someone like you who comes in to start trouble. I come to discuss football. Ive been here for years and i feel like i have some respect around here even if some dont agree with my opinion. I try to keep it level headed and readable. You've started your crusade and dished it out. ive sat back long enough and gave you a chance to become a part of this forum. You've become spam and a waste of time to everyone who CONTRIBUTES to this board and comes here to talk about the Bills and currently the draft. The Losman/ Edwards debate is over. its been over and it doesnt need to be talked about anymore on this board. Edwards is the starter.

You come in and insult the board, our mods and the intellegence of the good posters here. That isn't welcome here.

No i probley won't actually. And im not a troll, a troll is someone like you who comes in to start trouble. I come to discuss football. Ive been here for years and i feel like i have some respect around here even if some dont agree with my opinion. I try to keep it level headed and readable. You've started your crusade and dished it out. ive sat back long enough and gave you a chance to become a part of this forum. You've become spam and a waste of time to everyone who CONTRIBUTES to this board and comes here to talk about the Bills and currently the draft. The Losman/ Edwards debate is over. its been over and it doesnt need to be talked about anymore on this board. Edwards is the starter.

You come in and insult the board, our mods and the intellegence of the good posters here. That isn't welcome here.

great post but he won't read it, he will just use it to feed that giant sized ego he has

You better call mommy you're getting too upset.

Go see if she has a tissue for you little boy.

not that similar imo. I will certainly not shy away from saying that I'm a Losman fan years from now - but that doesn't mean that I don't think Edwards should be starting. Losman is far more likable that RJ ever was and a more exciting player to watch. People wanted to like RJ because there was hope that he could be a good qb, not because they liked his play that much or him as a person.

not that similar imo. I will certainly not shy away from saying that I'm a Losman fan years from now - but that doesn't mean that I don't think Edwards should be starting. Losman is far more likable that RJ ever was and a more exciting player to watch. People wanted to like RJ because there was hope that he could be a good qb, not because they liked his play that much or him as a person.

Yeah but where all the obnoxious RJ fans that were insulting everyone who dared to say that they thought RJ sucked ?

They aren't around anymore .

Look at all the posts from the JP big mouths that the forum erased.

The one thing I say is this ...don't delete my posts because I never want to back up from my opinion on players.

I don't want to be weak like they are.

I'm mean if you are a JP fan and think he is a good QB and are willing to stick to your opinion I can respect that.

But look at this other twerp he won't even admit that he is agitated with me BECAUSE he is a JP fan.

No he needs to hide behind other excuses to insult me and others.

He's so weak he doesn't even want to be honest about his own opinion.

You and I both know he is a big JP fan and he is pissed because I think JP is a bust.

Yeah but where all the obnoxious RJ fans that were insulting everyone who dared to say that they thought RJ sucked ?

They aren't around anymore .

Look at all the posts from the JP big mouths that the forum erased.

The one thing I say is this ...don't delete my posts because I never want to back up from my opinion on players.

I don't want to be weak like they are.

I'm mean if you are a JP fan and think he is a good QB and are willing to stick to your opinion I can respect that.

But look at this other twerp he won't even admit that he is agitated with me BECAUSE he is a JP fan.

No he needs to hide behind other excuses to insult me and others.

He's so weak he doesn't even want to be honest about his own opinion.

You and I both know he is a big JP fan and he is pissed because I think JP is a bust.

The forum crashed expert. And im agiatated with you because your spaming the board with something that has been discussed for too long. Its time to let it go.

The forum crashed expert. And im agiatated with you because your spaming the board with something that has been discussed for too long. Its time to let it go.

You don't need to reply to everything I comment on.

What do I have some sort of little stalker following me around ?

Don't follow me around , I don't like having some strange little stalker chasing after me.

The Losman/Edwards debate is far from over. Sorry, but you must be a new arrival here. Just because there are a few overly obnoxious Edwards supporters who are more than happy to saturate TSW with their feeble football intelligence doesn't mean the Losman supporters are gone and the debate's over. Far from it in fact. Edwards looked like crap warmed over his last three games of 2007. He may be the current starter, but Edwards will have to play a whole lot better than that to keep his job or else Losman will and should get another chance. I only hope that Edwards is Buffalo's football messiah some have come to see him as, I'd love it in fact. But to me, Edwards has yet to prove he's better than Losman. He just doesn't get the ball in the endzone like Losman can. Which is first and foremost the QB's biggest responsibility.

I was an RJ supporter and a Losman supporter.... I'll support whoever the Bills start unless he is cannon fodder....

Being a supporter doesn't mean you're a fan, and RJ not going on to do anything anywhere else (except get a SB ring) doesn't really prove that RJ couldn't have become a decent QB.... I think your parallels between RJ and JP do have some merit, but let's be honest.... show me one single QB who developed into a quality starter after going through 3 or more head coach or coordinator changes? I can only think of Trent Dilfer and Testeverde.... and they didn't do anything until very late into their careers AFTER they had settled in with a system for a bit.

What you fail to realize is that both QBs have been handled badly by administration and its the front office and the coaches who are to blame for either players failures... they MIGHT have become decent serviceable QBs if given the same system and the same coaches for 3-4 years consecutively.... but that did not happen with either QB and both disappointed more as a result of instability in the organization than from any lack of skills or work ethic.

Take a look at any team that has won the Superbowl or had dynastic winning seasons and you will notice they have a stable front office with little turnover in the coaching ranks..... Interestingly enough, neither player was given the starting role for an entire season and both were on a short leash and pulled for another QB during the season, which kills a young QB's confidence quicker than anything. Is it that the players failed to develop or that management mishandled their development?

I am not going to beat a dead horse and talk about a QB controversy, I happen to like both Trent and JP and I think both can be winners in time.... I love the way Trent just "Got it" right away and told everyone in the preseason that would listen he was going to be something "Someday" and to my surprise that day was a lot faster than I would have thought possible! JP on the other hand should have grown by now and for about 9 games he looked like he was seeing the light.... but that was it, just a spurt, maybe a sign of things to come or maybe an aberration... we'll find out someday.... until then I still believe that with stability and good coaching JP could still develop, he has had many setbacks to his learning and that makes it harder than a normal develoment schedule thus a slower one.... it can also destroy a talented player if not rectified early enough. We'll see what happens in a few seasons, and I hope for JP's sake he gets what he needs and gets a chance to start somewhere, he's a great kid, and a fine role model and a very admirable young man.

The Losman/Edwards debate is far from over. Sorry, but you must be a new arrival here. Just because there are a few overly obnoxious Edwards supporters who are more than happy to saturate TSW with their feeble football intelligence doesn't mean the Losman supporters are gone and the debate's over. Far from it in fact. Edwards looked like crap warmed over his last three games of 2007. He may be the current starter, but Edwards will have to play a whole lot better than that to keep his job or else Losman will and should get another chance. I only hope that Edwards is Buffalo's football messiah some have come to see him as, I'd love it in fact. But to me, Edwards has yet to prove he's better than Losman. He just doesn't get the ball in the endzone like Losman can. Which is first and foremost the QB's biggest responsibility.

you're right the losman supports aren't gone your talking to one of them right now actually. This Troll is just annoying me with his constant spaming of the same message and quite frankly i just want him to shut up. That bolded part is an excellent point and is something Trent hasn't proved he can con consistently. His best games have come against teams drafting in the top 6( Miami and NYJ)