2008 TBD Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Ramius

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My complete apologies. I had what looked ot be like an easy week at work, with just a lot of computer work to do all week, so the draft wasnt going to be a problem. Unfortunately, a ton of things have sprung up. I was out all day yesterday, i have ot be out all day friday, and today i am relatively swamped in the morning and have a few hour meeting in the afternoon.

As of right now, we'll just continue making picks when we can. We'll get the draft back on track and finish it before the real draft.

Again, my apologies.

My complete apologies. I had what looked ot be like an easy week at work, with just a lot of computer work to do all week, so the draft wasnt going to be a problem. Unfortunately, a ton of things have sprung up. I was out all day yesterday, i have ot be out all day friday, and today i am relatively swamped in the morning and have a few hour meeting in the afternoon.

As of right now, we'll just continue making picks when we can. We'll get the draft back on track and finish it before the real draft.

Again, my apologies.

No problem Ramius, just keep us updated as to when we make picks/times.

What is going on? Everybody said the draft was on hold for a while, then I get on here and see a PM saying I'm on the clock. Wtf.

From the other thread titled "***UPDATE***"

Round 1 has been completed. We are scheduled to resume round 2 at 12pm eastern next monday, and follow the same time schedule that is posted.

However, when its your turn, you are welcome to make your 2nd round pick before then so that we may get ahead.

I'm ready and waiting! Glad to be back on track!

Anyone surprised by any picks in the first round?

List the 2 best "value picks" and

the 2 "reaches"

of the TBD first round mock draft.

What do you got???

Value picks:

Dallas-Brandan Albert-OL

Chicago-Chris Williams-OL

Reaches:

KC-McKelvin-CB

Buffalo- Sweed-WR

Value Picks:

3 (3) Atlanta Falcons - 9:31 - 9:45 Glenn Dorsey, DT

They need a QB but held off on Matt Ryan and took BPA. Plus, they ended up grabbing Flacco in round 2.

8 (8) Baltimore Ravens - 10:46 - 11:00 Matt Ryan, QB

Need a QB and this was the perfect spot for Ryan.

12 (12) Denver Broncos - 3:01 - 3:15 Keith Rivers, LB

Denver had a couple of other needs but Rivers is one of the most polished players in this draft. Nice pick.

Reaches:

5 (5) Kansas City Chiefs - 10:01 - 10:15 Leodis McKelvin, CB

McKelvin is one of the top corners, but KC needs OL help. Way too high for McKelvin.

7 (7) New England Patriots (From 49ers) - 10:31 - 10:45 Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB

Another corner taken about 5 picks too early. New England needs a corner but DRC isn't a value pick at #7.

19 (19) New York Giants (from Philadelphia via New Orleans) - 4:46 - 5:00 Kenny Phillips, S

I honestly believe Phillips would've been there at 31 if the Giants hadn't traded.

I like these picks:

#9 Cincinnati - Ellis (could end up being the best DT in the draft when it is all said and done)

#18 Houston - Otah (I can't believe I got the best OT in the draft at pick #18)

#12 Denver - Rivers (Great player that could easily be top 10).

I think these are reaches:

#23 Pittsburgh - Cherilus (how do you take him over Williams?)

#5 Kansas City - McKelvin (many better players for better value available)

#19 New York Giants - Phillips (could easily fall to end of first, beginning of 2nd)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.