I could give a crap about the draft

todd

I don't care about the draft. I admit it. I think mock drafts are stupid. They don't know crap about who has talent and who doesn't. the only way to get that knowledge is to spend your life watching film, and understand what you are looking at on that film. Most people don't. Basically all mock drafts are based on people who repeat what they've heard others say about a player, listen to rumors about what team will take what where, and actually pretend that they understand a team's needs.

Same goes for fans. Fans don't know jack about evaluating college players, including myself. The only good judge of a draft or a player is how it translates 3 years down the road once the NFL filters out the phonies.

Wake me when minicamp starts.

I don't care about the draft. I admit it. I think mock drafts are stupid. They don't know crap about who has talent and who doesn't. the only way to get that knowledge is to spend your life watching film, and understand what you are looking at on that film. Most people don't. Basically all mock drafts are based on people who repeat what they've heard others say about a player, listen to rumors about what team will take what where, and actually pretend that they understand a team's needs.

Same goes for fans. Fans don't know jack about evaluating college players, including myself. The only good judge of a draft or a player is how it translates 3 years down the road once the NFL filters out the phonies.

1010% true

But that doesn't stop them from blowing hot air.

Hell most of them don't have a clue about the Bills let alone some obscure college player they never saw play.

I think this is the best post I've read outside of my own.

1010% true

Hell most of them don't have a clue about the Bills let alone some obscure college player they never saw play.

Wow! One thousand and ten percent true. That's like way more than 100%. You really are an expert.

The draft is the only football-related thing that occurs in the offseason, it's all we have!

Plus it shapes/lays the foundation for the future of our franchise.

I agree. I need the draft. I'm like a heroin addict in a methadone clinic. I NEED MY FIX!!!!!!!!

1010% true

... It's impossible to be over 100% true, it's simple number management.

Funny how MOST of us know nothing about the Bills even though we've been watching them our entire lives and most likely can name backups from the early 90's (I'm only 20 here folks, I know most can name em from the 70's :thumbsup:).

I'm not saying some people here aren't mentally challenged, but you're right, most of us are idiots who just love to get stomped on by a losing team. We have nothing better to do with our time than pretend we like a football team.

Yeah? So what's your point, man?

I agree that 99% of the people that don't have a clue what they're talking about. I'll lump myself into that category. But that doesn't take away from the fun of the draft. It's like Christmas, getting the 11th best (hopefully) player in college football as a nice, shiney gift.

This does seem to be a boring year for the draft. :thumbsup:

It may be in terms of talent, so that's why you need to make it fun and search for positives. For example, the more research I've done, the more I feel the mid-to-back end of the draft is probably better than most years. So what it is lacking in top end talent, it makes up for with nice quality for the later picks.

... It's impossible to be over 100% true, it's simple number management.

Funny how MOST of us know nothing about the Bills even though we've been watching them our entire lives and most likely can name backups from the early 90's (I'm only 20 here folks, I know most can name em from the 70's :thumbsup:).

I'm not saying some people here aren't mentally challenged, but you're right, most of us are idiots who just love to get stomped on by a losing team. We have nothing better to do with our time than pretend we like a football team.

I didn't mean that they didn't know player names.

It was very clear that I meant that most of them didn't know what they were talking about .

couldnt agree more. what is all this stock falling and dropping BS? A player is either good or he's not.

You are so cool for not caring......I love you man!

i watch a LOT of college football so i know a lot of these players already. that being said, i wont pretend to know who is better than who for a second. i dont do mocks or anything. my point is, knowing a little about the college players does make the draft more interesting.

So why are fans who think the Bills will take a LB in the 1st round a bunch of 'Mongoloids' (your word, not mine)?

Hypocrite.