Malcolm Kelly on Sirius this morning

I have been thinking about Chad Johnson and the Bengals as of late and to honest, if the relationship is that bad with him and the team I can really see them taking Kelly. However, I think Desean Jackson would be a nice fit there aswell so to would be Devin Thomas.

I think its also possible that if CJ leaves the Bengals you might see some heat with TJ H........so.....

Things could get interesting the next few weeks. Especially tomorrow if Kelly has a good showing. If he has a good showing and the Bengals pass on him, I still think Buffalo takes him at 11. Call it a reach call it whatever.....But if Kelly can take heat off Evans, and contribute to the offense enough to where the O rates middle of the pack, I think the 11th pick is worth it.

But wait and see........call me crazy call me whatever you wish......But I have Kelly & and another first day WR for the draft on my radar.......

WR in the first 2 rounds in a little overkill. :w00t:

maybe you could a squeeze a lineman or LB that would build the core of the team

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bengals took Kelly and Ellis fell to the Saints, I think teams 12-16 would be tripping over themselves to get to New Orleans' #10 spot and grab him. Denver, Carolina, Chicago, Detroit, Arizona ALL could use Ellis. If I were the Bills and Ellis fell to us somehow, I would look at the trade offers (a 2nd or both a 3rd and 4th could possibly be offered by teams back in the twenties range).

sounds like a good plan.

the football gods finally smile on the Bills and let a premium impact playmaker at DT fall to the Bills - and the Bills wisely turn their nose up at this good fortune in exchange for 3rd and 4th round picks which will basically be training camp fodder - all so they can continue their pursuit of overrated and injued 2nd tier WRs later in the 1st round. :w00t:

No wonder they have not made the playoffs this millenium!

What the hell does Polian know?! I don't see him on ESPN or posting on a message board.

Common man, he's the best GM in the history of the NFL fer crying out loud & you value the opinion of someone at ESPN or even our very own LSI more? Say it aint so Steely, say it aint so.

sounds like a good plan.

the football gods finally smile on the Bills and let a premium impact playmaker at DT fall to the Bills - and the Bills wisely turn their nose up at this good fortune in exchange for 3rd and 4th round picks which will basically be training camp fodder - all so they can continue their pursuit of overrated and injued 2nd tier WRs later in the 1st round. :w00t:

Agreed! If Ellis is there, you take him! Also, while I like the additions of Stroud and Johnson, let's face it - they both have question marks. Neither would preclude the selection of Ellis.

Agreed! If Ellis is there, you take him! Also, while I like the additions of Stroud and Johnson, let's face it - they both have question marks. Neither would preclude the selection of Ellis.

No way do you go DT in the first round. I don't care who is there. We've addressed the DT position with McCargo and Williams a couple years ago and we went and got Marcus Stroud and Spencer Johnson this year. If they were going to address the DT position they wouldn't have cut Tripplet. If for some crazy reason we draft Sedrick Ellis it's because we've found a trading partner later in the first round.

sounds like a good plan.

the football gods finally smile on the Bills and let a premium impact playmaker at DT fall to the Bills - and the Bills wisely turn their nose up at this good fortune in exchange for 3rd and 4th round picks which will basically be training camp fodder - all so they can continue their pursuit of overrated and injued 2nd tier WRs later in the 1st round. <_<

Didn't this exact scenario play out a few years ago? Who did we draft with Halati Nagota and Broderick Bunkley on the board? Wasn't it Evans?

Didn't this exact scenario play out a few years ago? Who did we draft with Halati Nagota and Broderick Bunkley on the board? Wasn't it Evans?

Whitner.

Sounded very confident.

Looking forward to proving the rumors and doubters wrong tomorrow.

Bengals are flying him to Cincinnati after the workout. (now that's interesting)

Mentioned the Bills and Vikings when asked about teams interested in him.

...just thought I'd mention since it hadn't been posted yet.

Lets see what happens tomorrow.

No way do you go DT in the first round. I don't care who is there. We've addressed the DT position with McCargo and Williams a couple years ago and we went and got Marcus Stroud and Spencer Johnson this year. If they were going to address the DT position they wouldn't have cut Tripplet. If for some crazy reason we draft Sedrick Ellis it's because we've found a trading partner later in the first round.

I don't think Ellis will fall to us regardless... But if that miracle occured, you're saying he's not needed??? Let me remind you that we have a task that 28 other teams do not envy... Trying to get to Brady twice a year! It's the only way to beat that team.... The way in which we rotate the DL means you can use DE/DT a lot of ways... and Ellis and Johnson have lined up at DE before....

Not to mention, if Ellis was an option, we could cut Kyle Williams... and McCargo has not proven much to this point... he might yet, but if he has competition and substitution like Ellis, don't you think that might help him?

The only way to beat the chowderheads is with a strong defense, and that starts in the trenches... Ellis could be excellent in our system....

we took Evans instead of Vince Wilfork and Tommie Harris

maybe the Bills will finally figure out that you need good DLs to play dominant D

If Kelly does run in that range it would just go to show that there's entirely too much time for bs talk before the draft by the so-called NFL "experts" and fans on NFL message boards. The stock up, stock down, who's a reach and who's not a reach stuff gets a little ridiculous. I can't wait to see what he does tomorrow.

I thought it would show he had a quality rocket shoved up his posterior.

In all honesty did somebody report he wanted to wear number #12? This single digit stuff is bull sh-- ...wear #8..... not teens... history is leaving us ...just like you don't hear doo wop music. . . . plus ...American Airlines originated in Buffalo...tell Schumer to hang a sign(the largest airline in the US).

Bengals are flying him to Cincinnati after the workout. (now that's interesting)

If Ellis, Dorsey, possibly Rivers are gone, the B'gals may well trade down. I don't think they are pleased with the prospect of paying top ten draft $$ in the first place.

DT, OL, and LB look to be their priorities. The got a 4th, 6th, and two 7th as comp picks, and signed IND TE Utecht and TEN DE Antwan Odom, but lost DE Justin Smith, FS Madieu Williams, and LB Landon Johnson.

CIN picking a WR at #9 seems unlikely...

OK HERE THE LEFT TURN..WHAT HAPPENS IF HE RUNS 4.6'S ,MY GUESS IS THAT HES RUNNING 4.61

He becomes our second draft choice. McKelvin / Harvey /Merling number one and Malcom Kelly number 2.

Might have to move up a few slots to get him in round 2 or a late 1.

While I would be happy with Ellis I think that if this happened then the trade offers would start lighting up the phone.....and we would trade down.

We just brough in 2 veteran DT's......and we have McCargo and Williams in the stable......

I agree with you but if the Bills did draft him, he would instantly be their second best DT, behind Willia...er, Stroud. And that's not all bad

I believe Larry Fitzgerald ran a 4.6 and he was a top 5 pick. He's worked out. I think boldin is even slower.

Fitzgerald ran a 4.63 at the combine, followed up by a 4.51 at his Pro Day. Boldin ran poorly at the combine, but was struggling with knee issues.

He becomes our second draft choice. McKelvin / Harvey /Merling number one and Malcom Kelly number 2.

Might have to move up a few slots to get him in round 2 or a late 1.

if he slips to us for a 2 ..id be allover that ,,, but as a 1st,, who falls to us? someone always goes off the board rankings

and goes early..clady? otah? phillips?.. well then who slips ... vernon gholsten? glenn dorsey ?darren mcfaddeen .. ?

then the pick has got huge trade value . i think the stronger value per pick is late first ,early second,, that being said , i really dont understand why most scouts rank sweed or kelly as mid to late first ,sweed to me to a roy williams clone,,,, kelly seems to be similiar to owens , but without the attitude problems.. but we will all know very soon,!