Who is your "Off the radar" pcik for the Bills at #11?

Agreed. He seems to fit the Bills MO: good character, highly productive college player and a not-so-flashy sort. In fact, I wouldn't be too surprised if they took him EVEN if Harvey were still on the board.

Ditto - I think they'd take Merling before Harvey. Kiper has Merling ranked higher (14) on his 'Big Board" than Harvey (23), Mike Mayock called Merling the best DE in the 2008 draft, and Modrak seems to like him too - but it's the character thing that makes me think he'll be a Buffalo Bill.

Phillip Merling - Profile

Buffalo Bills - Merling Article

19 and 0 baby!!! :cry:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Posluszny!!!!! :w00t:

We're all hearing about Malcolm Kelly, Devin Thomas, and DRC being picked by the Bills but who are some of the guys who could could come out of left field like when we picked Whitner 2 years ago?

Brandon Flowers...

"I just took a visit to the Buffalo Bills recently. I have about 12 more visits set up so I’ll be flying in and out every couple of days. I’m loving this process, and I like going to see the stadiums. When I went to the Bills, the team was there, and you kind of get a good vibe with your potential teammates and what it would be like if you get drafted there. It feels just like college does, once you get in that team environment.

The visit with the Bills went really well. I jelled really well with the coaches—we just played games and ate dinner the first night I got there. The coaches were really relaxed. On the second day, we just went into the office and talked football. They love to coach and I love to play, so we jelled really well. I met with the head coach, defensive coordinator, defensive backs coach, special teams coach and strength coach. Basically, almost everybody that’s a part of their staff up there. It wasn’t nerve-wracking at all; I was looking forward to it."

"Mike Mayock calls him a “physical, run-stopping corner with great upside.” Mayock also projects the 5-foot-10, 200-pound Flowers as a top-10 draft pick and a future All-Pro cornerback. Check back here at NFLPLAYERS.COM each week as Flowers chases his dream of making it to the NFL."

Here it is:

Tulausaena Papata-pulepule

I can't find much on him, but that's the name. He's a DIII guy from someplace in Texas, is what I was told. Although, I'm confused on whether he is a guard or a DT.

From the stuff i PMed you (before the board crashed) he was initially an OG, but injuries forced him to the defensive side of the ball @ DT. Lemme see if i can get a hold of my old roommate from Clarkson, whos down there. He was the one that initially mentioned Tula, but i havent emailed him in a couple of months. Everything i have heard leads me to believe that Tula could get picked in the 5th-6th round as a project. However, i wouldnt half mind seeing the Bills take a flier on him with the compensatory 4th rounder.

EDIT: if i can find the profile on him, and/or if i hear from the roomie, i'll PM you

From the stuff i PMed you (before the board crashed) he was initially an OG, but injuries forced him to the defensive side of the ball @ DT. Lemme see if i can get a hold of my old roommate from Clarkson, whos down there. He was the one that initially mentioned Tula, but i havent emailed him in a couple of months. Everything i have heard leads me to believe that Tula could get picked in the 5th-6th round as a project. However, i wouldnt half mind seeing the Bills take a flier on him with the compensatory 4th rounder.

His names kind of weird, and I might have mixed up up with someone else, but I thoght I read on some drfat board that he was moving up pretty quickly. We'll see if he is there for our 4th comp. From what you said though he dominated in college, granted at a lower level div.

Edit: Thanks

Here it is:

Tulausaena Papata-pulepule

I can't find much on him, but that's the name. He's a DIII guy from someplace in Texas, is what I was told. Although, I'm confused on whether he is a guard or a DT.

You thinking of Trevor Leota? He's the big Samoan rugby guy who played in some exhibition games for SMU or something. Supposedly one of the hardest tacklers some of those guys have ever seen. A tad under 30 but supposed to be a sleeper. I'd take for a spin in the 4th round.

Otah. We have no depth at offensive line and he can play guard or tackle. May even replace Butler. It is off the radar.

I think Branden Albert before him. Albert can play guard and right tackle. Just what Buffalo needs and is better than Otah IMO!

Me.

- GhostsOfTheRockpile

No offense, but I'd starting rooting for another team if that happened. Nothing to do with you just the idiocy of the front office. :w00t:

I think he's probably more likely to be a 2nd rounder, but watch out for Reggie Smith of Oklahoma. If he runs well tomorrow, you never know. He's the big, athletic CB that would seem to fit extremely well in this Bills defensive scheme. He'd also fit well at FS.

Lindy's Draft Guide has him as the best run support CB in the draft. He's also 6'1". I don't know about his coverage skills but for a second round rated CB they must be good. The Bills can afford to use him as a nickel CB until he gains more experience. The Bills have been concerned about run support due to last year and that's what makes me think he's on the Bills radar. If they got him in the second round I think it'd be a steal.

Aquib Talib (or something like that) the corner. Everyone is on the DRC bandwagon and nobody is mentioning that this kid is a darn good prospect as well.

From what I hear he's lazy and could be a boom or bust guy. I'd pass on him for that reason.

Agreed. He seems to fit the Bills MO: good character, highly productive college player and a not-so-flashy sort. In fact, I wouldn't be too surprised if they took him EVEN if Harvey were still on the board.

I wouldn't mind seeing Merling in a Bills uniform either. I've heard Merling is a magician. (BA DUM BUM, Ptsch!)

Terry Tate

:cry: Great Choice!! BTW, who is he?

Brandon Flowers...

"I just took a visit to the Buffalo Bills recently. I have about 12 more visits set up so I’ll be flying in and out every couple of days. I’m loving this process, and I like going to see the stadiums. When I went to the Bills, the team was there, and you kind of get a good vibe with your potential teammates and what it would be like if you get drafted there. It feels just like college does, once you get in that team environment.

The visit with the Bills went really well. I jelled really well with the coaches—we just played games and ate dinner the first night I got there. The coaches were really relaxed. On the second day, we just went into the office and talked football. They love to coach and I love to play, so we jelled really well. I met with the head coach, defensive coordinator, defensive backs coach, special teams coach and strength coach. Basically, almost everybody that’s a part of their staff up there. It wasn’t nerve-wracking at all; I was looking forward to it."

"Mike Mayock calls him a “physical, run-stopping corner with great upside.” Mayock also projects the 5-foot-10, 200-pound Flowers as a top-10 draft pick and a future All-Pro cornerback. Check back here at NFLPLAYERS.COM each week as Flowers chases his dream of making it to the NFL."

Could be another red herring.

Brandon Flowers...

i remember seeing mayock break some tape on this guy, and i was taken back - he hits REAL hard and seems to have a real good nose for the ball.......probably about 75% of the clips were in run support and of course that is his strength, but he was extremely impressive there..........looks like a great fit for the cover 2

Reggie Smith would be an "off the radar" pick. He can play CB, Safety, Kick Returner and Punt Returner. He's a good fit for the backfield. Would I be happy? Not Really. It's Whitneresque, so not completely off the wall.