EVERYBODY GET ANGRY

The comments on Michelle Malkin's blog are great, stuff like:

• This ad campaign is just as offensive as people carting around the Communist hero accessories paying tribute to Che, Mao, etc.
  • It would almost be amusing weren’t for the fact that TOO many (conservatively speaking!) south the border are so damn serious about moving OUR border up this way. When are most pols here going to take the glaring hint?

James Greenidge
    Queens NY
  • I have a few questions for Mr Moran:

1. Do you live on the border?
    2. Are you a reconquista supporter or is this just a “phase” you’re going through to make money off of?
    3. Do you know what it’s like to have Latino kids insult you and this country as you’re trying to teach them how to use that “organ” between their ears?
    4. Do you live in the real world?
    5. Do you think that “controversial advertising” will make your product taste any better?
    6. Do you think it’s right for a neighboring country to basically send people it refuses to take care of over to our country, to overwhelm our hospitals, social services, and public schools until they suck the teet of nanny state welfare government dry and move on to Canada? Oh, that’s right they’re doing that now.
    7. Do you think that Spanish should be the official language?
    8. With your new ad campaign, do you realize that you’re putting Absolut out of business?

If you answer yes to any of these questions then you are, without a doubt, ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!!!
  • ABSOLUT LY STUPID!! And I thought they were interested in selling their vodka….When is someone going to tell them Mexicans prefer tequila, and now they have blown off their U.S. market!!

It is a truly retarded ad.

Looks brilliant to me. It would be retarded if they ran it HERE, perhaps...

One wonders, too, just how well vodka sells in Mexico. What's Spanish for "This tequila tastes horrible"?

Looks brilliant to me. It would be retarded if they ran it HERE, perhaps...

One wonders, too, just how well vodka sells in Mexico. What's Spanish for "This tequila tastes horrible"?

So offend the richest country in the world to sell vodka to the poor, backwards country that people are running out of by the millions each year? :ph34r:

Also, I don't know if there's such a thing as running an ad "here" as opposed to "there" since, you know, we have this internet thingy and everyone sees everything.

So offend the richest country in the world to sell vodka to the poor, backwards country that people are running out of by the millions each year? :unsure:

Also, I don't know if there's such a thing as running an ad "here" as opposed to "there" since, you know, we have this internet thingy and everyone sees everything.

As they no doubt, have come to realize...

So offend the richest country in the world to sell vodka to the poor, backwards country that people are running out of by the millions each year? :unsure:

Unless that country had a growing middle class that is the hope to stem the exodus.

Isn't this a case of political correctness run amok? Who cares about a random ad in Mexico?

Isn't this a case of political correctness run amok? Who cares about a random ad in Mexico?

I wouldn't say I'm being politically correct. I'd say I'm being judgemental.

They have every right to run whatever ad they want. And I have the right to call them retards for it. If they want to sell vodka in Mexico by taking a shot at my country, then they should. Just don't ask me to like it. I think it's stupid and I wonder how smart the company could be if they approve an ad this dumb.

(The same way I wondered how smart Sabres management could be after I saw how horrible their new uniforms were a couple years ago. Little did I know how right I would turn out to be.)

I wouldn't say I'm being politically correct. I'd say I'm being judgemental.

They have every right to run whatever ad they want. And I have the right to call them retards for it. If they want to sell vodka in Mexico by taking a shot at my country, then they should. Just don't ask me to like it. I think it's stupid and I wonder how smart the company could be if they approve an ad this dumb.

(The same way I wondered how smart Sabres management could be after I saw how horrible their new uniforms were a couple years ago. Little did I know how right I would turn out to be.)

So, you are actually offended by it?