Assuming that Losman is going to be traded, I'm surprised

When we drafted JP there was alot of talk about him having similiar type qualities of Brett Farve. Well, Holmgren was the one who spearheaded that trade with Atlanta and he also took Farve's back up with him to Seattle.

Matt Hasselbeck is getting up there in years and his back up, Seneca Wallace, is really being looked at as a potential WR. That makes sense when you really think about it. Since 1999 the 'Hawks have gone thru more than their share of WRs. Starting with Joey Galloway, Koren Robinson, Darryl Jackson, Deion Branch, Nate Burleson, Bobby Ingram, and DJ Hackett. Most of them are gone and the ones left are either ancient, hurt or disappointing. I'm sure that they regret trading that 1st rder for Branch, the guy has been hurt more times than not. They do have Jordan Kent on their practice squad and it wouldn't surprise if they incorporate him into their offense this year.

I guess that they could always fall back on Charlie Frye but the last time that I remember Frye was watching when Braylon Edwards was verbally undressing him on national TV. Charlie Frye as the future franchise QB? I don't think so.

It's a natural transition looking back on Holmgren's QBs to expect the Seahawks to think that Farve to Hasselbeck to Losman are QBs that have similiar type of physical and athletic attributes.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we drafted JP there was alot of talk about him having similiar type qualities of Brett Farve. Well, Holmgren was the one who spearheaded that trade with Atlanta and he also took Farve's back up with him to Seattle.

Matt Hasselbeck is getting up there in years and his back up, Seneca Wallace, is really being looked at as a potential WR. That makes sense when you really think about it. Since 1999 the 'Hawks have gone thru more than their share of WRs. Starting with Joey Galloway, Koren Robinson, Darryl Jackson, Deion Branch, Nate Burleson, Bobby Ingram, and DJ Hackett. Most of them are gone and the ones left are either ancient, hurt or disappointing. I'm sure that they regret trading that 1st rder for Branch, the guy has been hurt more times than not. They do have Jordan Kent on their practice squad and it wouldn't surprise if they incorporate him into their offense this year.

I guess that they could always fall back on Charlie Frye but the last time that I remember Frye was watching when Braylon Edwards was verbally undressing him on national TV. Charlie Frye as the future franchise QB? I don't think so.

It's a natural transition looking back on Holmgren's QBs to expect the Seahawks to think that Farve to Hasselbeck to Losman are QBs that have similiar type of physical and athletic attributes.

Stupid for Bills to trade Losman.

if traded, who is the backup QB?

not going to happen.

I still want Losman apart of this team. By trading Losman it puts another hole on this offense. I dont see many QB's out there that are worth while for FA QB's, honestly Losman would be the best available and guess what hes on our roster right now.

What happens if we trade Losman and draft a QB, lets say Trent gets hurt (knock on wood) and the Rook comes and and plays well and leads the team to a few wins, BOOM right back into the same position the team is in now.........

If I were this coaching staff id leave the QB spot wide open for training camp, let both QB's battle it out. At times I really do feel for Losman and how his career thus far has been handled. Granted he didnt really help himself much, but come on there have been many QB's that have been given more time to progress, the talent Losman has had around him has sucked aswell..........

So yeah Im all for Losman staying and Yeah im also saying Losman has got a raw deal thus far. And no im not bashing Edwards.......im for both QB's being with this team and competing for playing time.

Holgren is retiring soon and they are not going to bring in a QB recovery project.

Link?

Holgren is retiring soon and they are not going to bring in a QB recovery project.

Good point, that and Hasselbeck is only 32. He probably has five more years left.

I think the Bills should trade JP for a third. Anything less isn't worth a trade. I think the Bills can find a vet backup after June 1st. The Bills may also believe that Hamdan is a competent backup. While nothing has been seen from the kid not a lot was seen of Reich before he took over. I'm not comparing Hamdan to Reich just their situations.

I'm gonna go waaayyy out on a limb and predict that JP will be the opening day starter for the Bills this season.

This is simply incredibly doubtful. I think the bottomline is that even if one believes in Losman he called himself out against Jax and by anyone's measure failed. In order to be accepted by ANYONE he has to:

1. Win the confidence of his teammates with his play-

Possible actually as his teammates want to trust their QB and he need only play well in practice (which he has done well enough before) and lead the team back to a win in game (which he has done as recently as last season) to get the benefit of the doubt from his teammates who want to believe in their leader.

2. Win the confidence of his coaches-

Possible also though the coaches are paid to be more suspect than the players we always see examples of coaches who chose to believe that the problem was that the old coaches were not as good as them and only they with their superior understanding and skill can revive a talent. Even if he is fooling himself we have seen people in Schoenert' position decide to believe if given a reason to do so by good practices and a good game or two.

3. Win the confidence of the fans-

Quite possible with some fans who will root in and believe in anyone who dons the jersey. However simply impossible with some number of loud voices at the game (who we hear more of after their second beer) or read constantly on TSW as they are even more repetitive than I am (and this is darn repetitive) in giving their expert opinions with a total faith which defies reality in their claims to predict the future 100% of the time.

4. Win the confidence of the media-

This is pretty much impossible as GR makes too much money giving voice to whiners who are entertained most by screaming against these millionaire players and Jerry Sullivan types seem to love being a legend in their own minds to stop significant media voices from stating repetitively he is done.

JP was right. The Jax game was make or break for his career as a Bill and all admit he broke.

I'm all for trading JP. Donahomo gave up alot to get him now we should try to get something back for him. He throws a nice deep ball but thats not enough. He's been given the opportunity and fallen flat, too inconsistant. All he has proven to me is that he is a BONEHEAD! Too many poor decisions in crunch time. Cut him loose and let another team retire him!

This is simply incredibly doubtful. I think the bottomline is that even if one believes in Losman he called himself out against Jax and by anyone's measure failed. In order to be accepted by ANYONE he has to:

Possible actually as his teammates want to trust their QB and he need only play well in practice (which he has done well enough before) and lead the team back to a win in game (which he has done as recently as last season) to get the benefit of the doubt from his teammates who want to believe in their leader.

Possible also though the coaches are paid to be more suspect than the players we always see examples of coaches who chose to believe that the problem was that the old coaches were not as good as them and only they with their superior understanding and skill can revive a talent. Even if he is fooling himself we have seen people in Schoenert' position decide to believe if given a reason to do so by good practices and a good game or two.

Quite possible with some fans who will root in and believe in anyone who dons the jersey. However simply impossible with some number of loud voices at the game (who we hear more of after their second beer) or read constantly on TSW as they are even more repetitive than I am (and this is darn repetitive) in giving their expert opinions with a total faith which defies reality in their claims to predict the future 100% of the time.

This is pretty much impossible as GR makes too much money giving voice to whiners who are entertained most by screaming against these millionaire players and Jerry Sullivan types seem to love being a legend in their own minds to stop significant media voices from stating repetitively he is done.

JP was right. The Jax game was make or break for his career as a Bill and all admit he broke.

While all that may be true (and I don't think he will ever be a good NFL starter)), it is stupid to trade Losman now for low picks when the Bills have zero chance of improving on him as their backup.

They already have 10 picks. Adding a 4th or 5th rounder will gain them border line training camp fodder - AND create a huge hole which they have no way to fill.

Trading JP would put them back on the treadmill to nowhere.

I think it's very unlikely that we can get something for Losman that's more valuable than his work as a backup QB who's at least marginally familiar with the system. He'll leave for nothing after next season, of course, but I'd say we have a better shot at replacing him in '09 free agency than we do through a second day pick in the '08 draft. The Bills really don't need more mid-round draft picks - we're fine with role-players and backups. We just need a few more stars.

Only idiots require validation by media not ANYONE.

While all that may be true (and I don't think he will ever be a good NFL starter)), it is stupid to trade Losman now for low picks when the Bills have zero chance of improving on him as their backup.

They already have 10 picks. Adding a 4th or 5th rounder will gain them border line training camp fodder - AND create a huge hole which they have no way to fill.

Trading JP would put them back on the treadmill to nowhere.

Isn't that where the Bills were because they hadn't signed five guys within the first 24 hours of FA. :censored: It will be a distraction if he stays around and I think they can find a vet backup after June 1st.

Or could it just be that the situation doesn't require all this rationalisation.

Maybe Losamn just isn't a good QB , did you ever take that into consideration ?

Maybe it is just as simple as....he is not a good NFL QB let's move on.