Assuming that Losman is going to be traded, I'm surprised

I havn't seen much of him, but when he did play I was impressed. I saw maybe 2-3 of his games in San Francisco, a few in Tampa Bay, and A few plays from a Arizona game last year.

If I had to descibe him, I would say imagine Trent, with a slower release. He is fairly accurate, and puts enough zip on the ball to get it to the receivers on time. Although, he IS like JP in the sense that, he had the chance to start, and never improved enough to keep the job.

Here is a video on him. While it's not the greatest, you can get a pretty good look at him. (and you can see that he has the talent to do well) As far as being a teacher, I couldn't tell you. But teams with young QB's did pick him up. Arizona with Leinert, and Tampa Bay with Gradkowski/Simms.

I'de love to have a Veteran with a similar style to Trent, who we can lock up for a few years. As opposed to JP, who isn't much older, still thinks he can/should start, Will bolt after the season, and plays an entirley different style. The best part is that he wouldn't cost you much more than the veteran minimum.

Tampa didn't think enough of him to keep him. That should tell you something with the way Gruden likes to collect QB's.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tampa didn't think enough of him to keep him. That should tell you something with the way Gruden likes to collect QB's.

This is no necessarily a disqualifier though as by definition we want a QB who presents no possibility of being a reasonable consistent starter (as the newmedia will happily flame even the hint of this into a QB controversy and there is a small but vocal core of Bills fans who seem to delight in ragging on one of the two competing QB choices- really we have continually seen demonstrations here on TSW that this fanbase is not mature enough to deal with two starting QB options).

If Rattay is not good enough to be a consistent starter (he never has been based on Gruden's judgment and his career stats as a starter) but MAY be good enough to be a spot starter (his overall QB rating is not great but not bad), good enough for him to watch and teach the youngster Edwards (he has been around a while so he has seen a lot of games and is good enough to at least stick around and occaisionally play) and he is cheap and available, then he may be the best we can do.

RJ may be the best we can do but as we see in this very thread some folks are committed to treating this game as though some future outcomes are 100% certain even though this game is actually interesting because nothing is 100% certain. If the eventual outcomes were so sure and easily seen by us unpaid fans this game would not be worth paying much attention to.