Cutting Shaw not Donahoe's decision

POSTED 5:43 p.m. EDT, October 14, 2004

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

DONAHOE LOSING HIS JUICE IN BUFFALO?

A credible league source tells us that release of receiver Bobby Shaw by the Buffalo Bills was a decision made not by G.M. Tom Donahoe, but by head coach Mike Mularkey -- and that the move represents the first tangible piece of evidence that owner Ralph Wilson is reducing Donahoe's role.

Per the source, Donahoe wanted to keep Shaw, whom Donahoe drafted six years ago while in Pittsburgh and signed as a free agent in 2003. But Mularkey wanted to get rid of Shaw, and in the end Wilson went with the recommendation of his head coach.

The obvious implication here is that the power is shifting in the front office away from Donahoe and toward Mularkey. And, predictably, Donahoe remains out of sight in the wake of Wilson's biting comments from Sunday regarding the poor performance of the team.

The one flaw in his theory that destroys it all?  Shaw was drafted by the Seahawks, not TD.  Oh well.

70560[/snapback]

That's just a minor technicality, Shaw was there when TD was in charge & left before MM was getting some stroke.

It's obvious from past reports that he doesn't like TD,

and actually this is a very nice, original spin.

I don't believe it for a minute,

but, as always, it makes for a great read. :lol:

That's just a minor technicality, Shaw was there when TD was in charge & left before MM was getting some stroke.

It's obvious from past reports that he doesn't like TD,

and actually this is a very nice, original spin.

I don't believe it for a minute,

but, as always, it makes for a great read.  :lol:

70565[/snapback]

It's not really a technicality. Saying TD drafted him implies that TD has a personal stake in seeing Shaw succeed. TD has cut other former Steelers players before with the Bills, and it's not like Shaw was a highly paid player.

I dont care how it happened I'm just glad he's gone bobby shaw sucked from day one ! and I'll tell you what,moulds better start catching those f -------ng balls or it might be time to can his ass too!

I dont care how it happened I'm just glad he's gone bobby shaw sucked from day one ! and I'll tell you what,moulds better start catching those f -------ng balls or it might be time to can his ass too!

70582[/snapback]

Spoken like a man who sucks alcohol out of a bowling ball.