Just bought Pearl Jam tickets...

EZC-Boston

I just bought tickets for PJ at the Tweeter Center outside of Boston, $62 ticket with $18 "convenience" fee, that's 30%, talk about a scam. I thought Eddie and the boys were against those fees but apparently not. Oh well, as long as they play Corduroy I'll be happy...

The ticketbastard thing is a fight they cannot win. At least they'll go out and try to make that show worth every single penny. I'll be there too and I have no problem with what I paid.

I bought tickets through the PJ fan club pre-sale for the show in South Florida. The ticketmaster tickets do not go on sale until tomorrow.

PJ does something pretty interesting with their fan club pre-sale. They give the fan club members who have been members before a prior date the opportunity to buy the tickets. Once the transaction goes through they confirm whether you were able to get tickets. They guaranty that they work their way out from the first row going back.

Here is the catch. They do not tell you where your tickets are until you pick up the tickets at will call and only the fan club member with a government issued id can pick up the tickets. You also can only buy two tickets.

If it goes they way that they have promised, I think that it is great. The real fans get the first crack at the best seats and it prevents the scalping of those seats.

I am looking forward to seeing them. The show down here is on June 11.

By the way, I paid $74 per ticket.

I bought tickets through the PJ fan club pre-sale for the show in South Florida. The ticketmaster tickets do not go on sale until tomorrow.

PJ does something pretty interesting with their fan club pre-sale. They give the fan club members who have been members before a prior date the opportunity to buy the tickets. Once the transaction goes through they confirm whether you were able to get tickets. They guaranty that they work their way out from the first row going back.

Here is the catch. They do not tell you where your tickets are until you pick up the tickets at will call and only the fan club member with a government issued id can pick up the tickets. You also can only buy two tickets.

If it goes they way that they have promised, I think that it is great. The real fans get the first crack at the best seats and it prevents the scalping of those seats.

I am looking forward to seeing them. The show down here is on June 11.

By the way, I paid $74 per ticket.

The last time I had fan club tix was in 2000 for the 'San Francisco' show. It was show 68 of 72 on the Binaural tour and it was on Halloween night at Shoreline which is in Mountain View, not SF. Anyways, I could have picked up the tix anytime after noon, but I got sick and didn't even want to go. My friend wanted them so I picked them up for her around five o'clock. The seats ended up being second row, center stage and she and her date had a blast. The fan club is the only way to go. They even send you a newsletter and single during the holidays.

I love their music, but I resent everything they stand for.

The last time I had fan club tix was in 2000 for the 'San Francisco' show. It was show 68 of 72 on the Binaural tour and it was on Halloween night at Shoreline which is in Mountain View, not SF. Anyways, I could have picked up the tix anytime after noon, but I got sick and didn't even want to go. My friend wanted them so I picked them up for her around five o'clock. The seats ended up being second row, center stage and she and her date had a blast. The fan club is the only way to go. They even send you a newsletter and single during the holidays.

I love their music, but I resent everything they stand for.

I'm guessing you missed them on their Fall '04 "Get Bush Out of Office" tour...

I just bought tickets for PJ at the Tweeter Center outside of Boston, $62 ticket with $18 "convenience" fee, that's 30%, talk about a scam. I thought Eddie and the boys were against those fees but apparently not. Oh well, as long as they play Corduroy I'll be happy...

I just bought two seats in sect. 5 for that show = $165.. I'm hoping for Crazy Mary or Release..

I just bought two seats in sect. 5 for that show = $165.. I'm hoping for Crazy Mary or Release..

You've got a 95% chance of Crazy Mary, they play that at pretty much every show. Release, however... that would be a treat. When they open with that, it's perfect.

You've got a 95% chance of Crazy Mary, they play that at pretty much every show. Release, however... that would be a treat. When they open with that, it's perfect.

I couldn't agree more about opening with Release. Oceans and Long Road are awesome choices as well. I have no idea why they seem to never perform W.M.A. or Rats as those songs would be epic in concert.

Bastards.

Clueless... They really had such a tour? That's awesome.

Essentially. It was a "rock the vote" type tour, emphasizing voter registration for 18-24 year olds. But they weren't shy about expressing their political views, as they are wont to do.

I couldn't agree more about opening with Release. Oceans and Long Road are awesome choices as well. I have no idea why they seem to never perform W.M.A. or Rats as those songs would be epic in concert.

Bastards.

OH MAN! WMA would be so good, and Rats. Or how about Blood? Also, I've never heard them play Who You Are. Not as rocking as the other ones, but a great song nonetheless. A minor hit in '96, but it's disappeared from the repertoire. Granted, my first PJ show was on the Binaural tour, so I may have missed them play it earlier, but it's been absent ever since.

I got mine through Ten Club too. I like the fact that they should be really good seats. It should create a little battle between my friends over who gets the other seat.