Branden Albert

I'm starting to have concerns about the health issues with some of the top WRs. Waiting to see what M. Kelly looks like on the 9th especially. If the Bills were looking for a can't miss player at 11, Branden Albert looks like he could be the ticket. Mayock doesn't even think he'll get out of the top ten but no one else has talked about this player (if they have I haven't seen it, sorry), who looks like he has pro bowl ability. Check out the video below and you'll see. I know many here are for drafting defense if they don't go WR, but what about getting a guy like Albert on our weak middle runblocking offensive line? Then try to deal up to get Hardy or stay put in the second and draft someone high risk/high reward like Bowman. It sure would be nice to have a early eighties Dallas offensive line in the making.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...ndenalbert.html

http://www.nfl.com/videos - NFLTA: Top 7 players

I'm starting to have concerns about the health issues with some of the top WRs. Waiting to see what M. Kelly looks like on the 9th especially. If the Bills were looking for a can't miss player at 11, Branden Albert looks like he could be the ticket. Mayock doesn't even think he'll get out of the top ten but no one else has talked about this player (if they have I haven't seen it, sorry), who looks like he has pro bowl ability. Check out the video below and you'll see. I know many here are for drafting defense if they don't go WR, but what about getting a guy like Albert on our weak middle runblocking offensive line? Then try to deal up to get Hardy or stay put in the second and draft someone high risk/high reward like Bowman. It sure would be nice to have a early eighties Dallas offensive line in the making.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...ndenalbert.html

http://www.nfl.com/videos - NFLTA: Top 7 players

Count me in. There is almost never a bad time to draft a good blocker.

I'd be against it. He should be good, but we're kind of set on the O-line, at least as far as guards and tackles go. Also, there's no such thing as a can't miss o-lineman- see Robert Gallery, Mike Williams, Bryant McKinney, Vernon Carey

I'd be against it. He should be good, but we're kind of set on the O-line, at least as far as guards and tackles go. Also, there's no such thing as a can't miss o-lineman- see Robert Gallery, Mike Williams, Bryant McKinney, Vernon Carey

I thought our run blocking up the middle last season was very poor. This is not good at all for a cold weather team like us. Plus, Lynch looked as if he was getting beat up every time he crossed the LOS. After watching that video and hearing such lavish praise about Albert from Mayock, it got me to wonder if Butler would be better served to us as a solid back up Guard. You're right, there's no such thing as a can't miss anybody. But that video sure looks awesome to me.

I thought our run blocking up the middle last season was very poor. This is not good at all for a cold weather team like us. Plus, Lynch looked as if he was getting beat up every time he crossed the LOS. After watching that video and hearing such lavish praise about Albert from Mayock, it got me to wonder if Butler would be better served to us as a solid back up Guard. You're right, there's no such thing as a can't miss anybody. But that video sure looks awesome to me.

the thing is the stats show that Butler was our best run blocking lineman. I think a mid rounder is the way to go to address depth rather than deal with another big O-line contract for a guy that might not be able to crack the starting line.

While it looks as if he could be a really good player, I think we could use this to address our other needs, like WR,CB and TE. If we feel that he is the best player available and is going to be an excellent player at right guard, then draft him because he's probably going to be a good player. However, I am for taking a WR, CB or trading down for more picks.

I don't think Bryant Mckinney belongs on that list, he's been a good player, the off the field stuff does cause distractions, but hasn't led to any suspensions (yet). I still take him over Mike Williams 1,000 out of 1,000 times. But your general point is correct, there are no sure things at any position. That is why jerry jones said that most teams don't even want a top 10 pick because you have to guarantee a ton of money to someone who's just as likely to be a bust as an all-pro.

I don't think Bryant Mckinney belongs on that list, he's been a good player, the off the field stuff does cause distractions, but hasn't led to any suspensions (yet). I still take him over Mike Williams 1,000 out of 1,000 times. But your general point is correct, there are no sure things at any position. That is why jerry jones said that most teams don't even want a top 10 pick because you have to guarantee a ton of money to someone who's just as likely to be a bust as an all-pro.

McKinney clearly was the best of the bunch I listed, but he has been not much more than a slightly above average starter and a major off field headache. If they could pick again, I doubt they'd pick him.