According To Peter King Buffalo Could Lose 4th Round Pick!

Steely Dan

This is just :lol: ridiculous. I'm sure Buffalo will appeal this and I think they have a good chance of winning it. <_<

With San Francisco tampering with Lance Briggs and Buffalo tampering with Marcus Stroud this is the first time ever that a commissioner has found two NFL teams guilty of tampering with another team's employee. Last week Goodell punished the 49ers and this week he's going to punish the Bills. That is remarkable. Think about all the tampering that is alleged every year -- agents and teams speaking about prospective players prior to the free-agency period, most notably -- and for these to be the first tampering cases to be adjudicated against teams in 43 years is amazing.

What's particularly interesting about the Bills case is that it wasn't anyone from the front office who spoke to Stroud about trying to work a trade with the Bills. It was a conversation that occurred on November 25th last year after the Bills loss at Jacksonville. According to Schobel he merely spoke to Stroud about how much he liked the situation in Buffalo and that Stroud should ask for a trade to the team and Stroud asked a few questions about the coaches. That's it. It appears Jacksonville only approached Roger Goodell about this after seeing him punish the 49ers for their involvement with Lance Briggs.

Since when should a casual conversation between players be termed tampering? Players can't talk about their teams with each other anymore? While the Bills punishment hasn't been decided it will probably end up costing them a fourth round pick and having to switch places with Jacksonville in the second round since Buffalo has already traded their third round pick to Jacksonville for Stroud.

Linkage for King article

Linkage to ESPN

(In my best Elvis) Thankya, thankya very much.

At least this one was well written and appeared to be an actual article. I had to go to the Peter King article and read it to make sure that there was no mention of the Bills/Stroud. Ya got me!

FAKE... another stellar April Fools thread

i don't know about stellar, how can you tamper with someone who was being traded, that should have given the whole thing away as it did for me, stroud wasn't a free agent, kawika mitchell would have been better

:lol: That mother farkin SOB of a commish better get his fuggin head on straight. How in hades can he penalize a team because a player had a conversation with another player?

What's next? Take away a draft pick because the Buffalo fans tampered with TKO while he was under contract with the Bengals?

What a joke this league has become! <_<

i don't know about stellar, how can you tamper with someone who was being traded, that should have given the whole thing away as it did for me, stroud wasn't a free agent, kawika mitchell would have been better

Actually it would be tampering while the player is under contract with another team. Once the player's current team contacts another team about a trade they have to give permission for the other team to talk to the player.

Actually it would be tampering while the player is under contract with another team. Once the player's current team contacts another team about a trade they have to give permission for the other team to talk to the player.

Yeah, but this is total unadulterated BS. It's a player ferchrissakes. What about Ray Ray talkin to Willis about going to B-more? I quit on the NFL. :lol: