Who the heck is coming up with the week 1

Beerball

Thursday opener Redskins @ Giants...OK, that's a decent game.

Sunday night Bears @ Colts...snooze time anyone?

Monday night Vikings @ Packers...OK, no Favre...but it will still be a Favrefest the entire night

Monday night II Broncos @ Raiders...you must be fuggin kidding me!

So looking at our opponents for week 1, we can strike out some teams....

2008 opponents:

Home: Chargers, Dolphins, 49ers, Jets, Patriots, Raiders, Seahawks, Cleveland

Away: Broncos, Cardinals, Chiefs, Dolphins, Jets, Patriots, Rams, Jacksonville

are they playing east coast teams? if they're not, then it pretty much automatically would have been a better game to choose.

But the schedule could be whatever they want since they haven't released it yet. I know they have to look at whether the Mariners are home etc., but Raiders v Broncs is the best they could come up with?

But the schedule could be whatever they want since they haven't released it yet. I know they have to look at whether the Mariners are home etc., but Raiders v Broncs is the best they could come up with?

I don't care what games are on nationally because i'm buying the sunday ticket again. I really am dreading the Favre-fest that GB-MN game will be.

Why would they have to look to see if the Mariners were at home? They have their own stadium...

Much as I dislike them, I expected the Pats to be in there somewhere. Very weird (and goes against a shallow tradition of having the SB loser on one of the games as well, if I recall correctly). Not quite sure what's up with that. I agree that these games kind of stink for opening weekend--nothing I'm too jazzed about myself there......

The only thing I can think of is that both CBS and FOX probably put a hold on the Patriots and Cowboys to shield them away from the national games. I can see CBS making them the national game of their choice for week 1.

I wonder if this has more to do with teams that can't be in prime time games in week 1. For example, maybe the NFL already has all of their tentative schedules and all the good teams are slated to play prime time 2-3 times already. HOPEFULLY a team like Denver didn't have any prime time games so the NFL wanted to throw them in somewhere to make sure they were hitting that market.

At least that's the best possible scenario I can see out of this, although the idea of 16 games on a dart board where each dart means a prime time game on Monday, sounds pretty cool too.