OT - Sports Guy

mary owen

I preferred these two minutes...man I am loving the Red Sox demise...

10:18 -- Olerud homers into the right-field bleachers on a 1-2 fastball by Pedro (who missed his spot -- Varitek was setting up outside). 3-0, Yankees. I swear on the Dooze's life that I typed the previous paragraph, verbatim, about 30 seconds ago.

(By the way, Olerud was released by a 58-win team this summer. Classic Yankees. They could pick up a hooker in Times Square, plug her in at second base and she'd hit .280. It's uncanny.)

10:19 -- "Who's your Daddy?!? Who's your Daddy?!? Who's your Daddy?!? Who's your Daddy?!? Who's your Daddy?!? Who's your Daddy?!? Who's your Daddy?!?"

(Thank God this isn't an NBA game.)

This is great:

6:52 -- During the inning, after a cartoon baseball named Scooter explains how a curveball works, the Sports Gal happily says, "I liked Scooter!" I think I'm in hell.

and this:

(By the way, since that's two times McCarver called Arroyo "Brandon" tonight, and Arroyo wasn't even pitching, I already awarded Game 3 "Keep Until I Delete" TiVo status. He might call him Charles Bronson for nine innings. Anything's possible.)

and (about the Yankees):

That's why people root for them. It's the smart move. Like buying a stock that can't lose.

I loe all the Yankee fans that have never been to NY never mind live there.

Not to mention the fact they didn't root for Yankees before 1995 and can't name even the basic questions about the team.

sample:

8:46 -- The Sports Gal brightens up noticably during a highlight of Albert Pujols's two-run homer in St. Louis, and only because his name is pronounced "Poo Holes." I didn't realize I was married to Beavis.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/simmons/index

70257[/snapback]

I think he represents just how the ENTIRE and EXTREMELY biased ESPN network feels rigt now.

Not to mention the fact they didn't root for Yankees before 1995 and can't name even the basic questions about the team.

70325[/snapback]

Which ones would that be, Guest? Are you clarevoyent as well as anonymous?

70325[/snapback]

Jeez whatever makes you happy! My second most painful day of my childhood was when Thurman Munson died. I was in third grade and that was very painful. Alvero Espinoza. Aurelio Rodriquez. Bobby Meacham. Steve Trout. Pat Kelly. Hensley Meulens. Steve Balboni. Do I qualify as a Yankee fan?

PS - I go to at least 10-15 Yanks games a year, been to 4 World Series games and over 150 games at the Stadium.

PPS I love to sit in the right field bleachers and know all the chants. The bleachers have not been the same since 1998. Still the funnest seat in baseball(that and the Wrigley bleachers) but nowhere near as fun back in the day. Chicks flashing, fists throwing, bleacher taunting, chicks dyking, fan provoking, innovative cursing, opposing right fielder dissing.....man I miss those days

Roll call from the right field bleachers is the greatest tradition in baseball

10:23 -- All right, I'll say it: "Saw" looks awesome.

I've seen this movie, and it's pretty good. It kind of reminds me of Se7en, but word of warning, the acting in this movie is just horrible!

You'll love the ending, although there are several plot holes, the ending really did surprise me.

I think it opens wide at the end of the month, but if you can't wait there is a decent copy on the internet. :lol:

From today's column....

"(By the way, I like this stretch for the Bills right now: Home for the Dolphins; at Baltimore; then home for the Cards and Jets. Couldn't you see them putting a little streak together, then losing the next eight games by a total of 9 points?)"

From today's column....

"(By the way, I like this stretch for the Bills right now: Home for the Dolphins; at Baltimore; then home for the Cards and Jets. Couldn't you see them putting a little streak together, then losing the next eight games by a total of 9 points?)"

71162[/snapback]

Brilliant. I'm pretty sure he reads our board. :w00t:

From today's column....

71162[/snapback]

Yes, I could. I really could. :blink:

Mike

Yes, I could.  I really could.  :blink:

Mike

71425[/snapback]

i'm going to email him when the Sox loose the next game. I'm going to say I'm a Bills fan and he should go look in the mirror.........That's me after Seymor ran back that fumble for a TD. Say hello to me.