Draft Tek Runs a Sim of Bills TradeDown

Astrobot

Draft Tek Bills TradeDown with San Francisco 49'ers

San Francisco wants a DE in the worst way, so much that they are willing to give us their

RD1 #29, RD2 #40, and RD4 #104 to move up to #11.

The Bills now have 7 picks of the Top 150.

RD#1, Pick 29 -- Limas Sweed

RD#2, Pick 40

RD#2, Pick 42

RD#3, Pick 73

RD#4, Pick 104

RD#4, Pick 111

RD#5, Pick 142

Check out the rest of the picks and see what you think.

Astro

I love that trade, and particularly love getting Sweed at #29.

Regarding the "Selection with no Trade" column: Are they saying the Bills will take Merling, if they stay at #11?

Also, I'm not crazy with the "value"/"reach" terminology...especially for increments as low as 1 and 2.

I can't help but think the Bills will trade down from #11.

but what DE will be left on the baord worthy of the #11 pick ?

See DraftTek.

Both are there at #11, and the 49'ers pick Merling over Harvey!

I love that trade, and particularly love getting Sweed at #29.

Regarding the "Selection with no Trade" column: Are they saying the Bills will take Merling, if they stay at #11?

Also, I'm not crazy with the "value"/"reach" terminology...especially for increments as low as 1 and 2.

Regarding the "Selection with no Trade"----That's who would be picked if no Trades went down. Since there were two trades (Buff-SF and Atl-Dall), it changed the selections a bit, and both Merling and Harvey would have fallen to our #11. Since DraftTek has Merling rated higher, he'd represent the least reach and most value given our Player Needs, and would have been our simulated pick.

The "Value/Reach" is how far away the player that was selected differed from the DraftTek list of Top 300 players (which is modified daily from several top sources). If we take Kelly (who is player 21 on their list) at #11, it's a Reach of -10.

I'd like to see DraftTek have the Player List change by munching mock drafts, and have the movement of players up or down accordingly.

I would absolutley love this trade!

Take best if somehow Sweed or Kelly are still on the board, take em!

But if not go with Devin Thomas.

Then Keller with 40 and best available corner with 42, I'd say Cason or Flowers.

And finally best available DE or DT at 73.

If I could select our picks with the players available at those spots, I'd take:

1.) WR James Hardy

2a.) CB Reggie Smith

2b.) DT Pat Sims (I realize we have Stroud and Johnson, but I honestly believe he is one of the better DT's in this draft, and I wouldn't be able to pass him up)

3.) TE Dustin Keller

4a.) FB Owen Schmitt

4.b) OG Eric Young

5.) OLB Ali Highsmith

Interesting stuff Astro. Bennett was unknown to me (shows how much I watch college ball), but a couple threads below is a recap of TEs.

TE prospects

He's got the size to maul on running plays and the athleticism to make a difference in the passing game. I like the first 2 picks, and regardless of value assigned I like Schmitt as well.

Draft Tek Bills TradeDown with San Francisco 49'ers

San Francisco wants a DE in the worst way, so much that they are willing to give us their

RD1 #29, RD2 #40, and RD4 #104 to move up to #11.

The Bills now have 7 picks of the Top 150.

RD#2, Pick 40

RD#2, Pick 42

RD#3, Pick 73

RD#4, Pick 104

RD#4, Pick 111

RD#5, Pick 142

Check out the rest of the picks and see what you think.

Astro

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY SWEED WOULD FALL TO 29

29th is too far down. There could easily be a 'run' on WR between 11 and 28 and then we are left with our 5th choice. I like the idea of moving down but we need to get one of our top 3 WR (assuming that the Bills think their top 3 are interchangeable). It' nice to accumulate picks (it not only adds bodies but improves the odds that a player or two will outperform their draft position), but the point is to get the best players.

San Francisco Trades Down for DE, Bills get

RD1 #29, RD2 #40, and RD4 #104.

RD#1, Pick 29 -- Sweed/Hardy WR. But Limas Sweed will be likely gone and Hardy likely there.

RD#2, Pick 40 -- Andre Caldwell WR. Florida wideout backs up Evans, adds insurance if Evans bolts. 4.37 is 2nd fastest WR

RD#2, Pick 42 -- Pat Sims DT. Agree on this guy to complete the 4-man rotation.

RD#3, Pick 73 -- Martellus Bennett TE. One of the best combined blocker/receiver TE's.

RD#4, Pick 104 -- Tyvon Branch CB- Fastest CB at 4.31 -- you have DRC without the hype.

RD#4, Pick 111 -- Brian Johnston DE. He's 280 pounds and quick. Huge upside. DE rotation is complete.

RD#5, Pick 142 -- Jamar Adams SS. Michigan safety has character and hitter in one.

RD#6, Pick 170 -- Cody Wallace OC - A&M The draft's hardest hitting Center.

RD#7, Pick 202 -- Dennis Dixon QB - Oregon quarterback injured his ACL. You keep JP and let Dixon heal a year.

RD#7, Pick 210 -- Jalen Parmele RB - The best route runner at the Senior Bowl.

UDFA:

Craig Stevens TE after Bennett, the best blocking/receiver combination

Chris Johnson RB - ECU 197 4.24 NFL's fastest draftee.

Mark Bradford WR - Stanford receiver ,6'1",211,4.6, 41vert

Regarding the "Selection with no Trade"----That's who would be picked if no Trades went down. Since there were two trades (Buff-SF and Atl-Dall), it changed the selections a bit, and both Merling and Harvey would have fallen to our #11. Since DraftTek has Merling rated higher, he'd represent the least reach and most value given our Player Needs, and would have been our simulated pick.

The "Value/Reach" is how far away the player that was selected differed from the DraftTek list of Top 300 players (which is modified daily from several top sources). If we take Kelly (who is player 21 on their list) at #11, it's a Reach of -10.

I'd like to see DraftTek have the Player List change by munching mock drafts, and have the movement of players up or down accordingly.

I understand how the Value/Reach is calculated. It's the terminology that bugs me. I agree with you, regarding the suggestion for Draft Tek.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY SWEED WOULD FALL TO 29

I would take this trade in a heartbeat Sweed or no Sweed. You can trade for a WR on Draft day if the guy you want is not available. The extra picks give us flexibility and leverage. I love the idea that we would not have to commit cap dollars to an unproven rookie who might be worth it two years down the road.

it's a good trade - nice wishful thinking. Didn't the 49ers just get Justin Smith from the Bengals though? Why are they so desperate for a DE?

I like Hawkins and Schmitt in the 4th (though I don't think we'll be willing to use a pick on a FB until maybe the 6th or 7th, I just think that's the way we roll)

also I think the ratings on some of these players is way off - but regardless its really just for fun

here's my picks:

RD#2, Pick 40 -- Brandon Flowers

RD#2, Pick 42 -- Trevor Laws (too good to pass up)

RD#3, Pick 73 -- John Carlson

RD#4, Pick 104 -- Lavelle Hawkins

RD#4, Pick 111 -- Jeremy Zuttah (he won't be here come draft day - freak athlete)

RD#5, Pick 142 -- Ali Highsmith (wow his stock dropped - doubt it dropped quite this much though - might stick with the Chris Harrington pick anyway)

RD#6, Pick 173 -- Peyton Hillis (could be a Chris Cooley type, better runner and receiver than Schmitt, not as good a blocker but not bad)

RD#7, Pick 204 -- Ben Moffitt (I'd be shocked if he lasted this long)

RD#7, Pick 209 -- Adrian Arrington (ditto, though I'm not a big fan)

it's a good trade - nice wishful thinking. Didn't the 49ers just get Justin Smith from the Bengals though? Why are they so desperate for a DE?

I like Hawkins and Schmitt in the 4th (though I don't think we'll be willing to use a pick on a FB until maybe the 6th or 7th, I just think that's the way we roll)

also I think the ratings on some of these players is way off - but regardless its really just for fun

here's my picks:

RD#2, Pick 40 -- Brandon Flowers

RD#2, Pick 42 -- Trevor Laws (too good to pass up)

RD#3, Pick 73 -- John Carlson

RD#4, Pick 104 -- Lavelle Hawkins

RD#4, Pick 111 -- Jeremy Zuttah (he won't be here come draft day - freak athlete)

RD#5, Pick 142 -- Ali Highsmith (wow his stock dropped - doubt it dropped quite this much though - might stick with the Chris Harrington pick anyway)

RD#6, Pick 173 -- Peyton Hillis (could be a Chris Cooley type, better runner and receiver than Schmitt, not as good a blocker but not bad)

RD#7, Pick 204 -- Ben Moffitt (I'd be shocked if he lasted this long)

RD#7, Pick 209 -- Adrian Arrington (ditto, though I'm not a big fan)

I think the ratings are spot on. When people make value boards and want to be accurate they must only have 32 players for each round (or this year, 31 in the first round).

I love the Laws, Carlson, Moffitt picks.

Flowers has character issues, is small, tends to gamble too much, and has 4.6 speed. Give me Molden or Branch in the 4th. That's the earliest I want a CB for this team.

Lavelle Hawkins is the slowest WR that could be drafted in the 4th.

I do think Zuttah makes it to #111. A bit early for an OT, but if we have 2 picks in the 4th he's great value there.