ESPN McShay-Bills Falling in Love w/Kelly

Guest dog14787
Character issues? Not saying MK has any but I wouldn't want TO because he's like Chad Johnson. A ME GUY!

sorry, fixed it :thumbsup:

If there's one thing I've learned from the current regime is they don't seem to mind taking guys higher then their expected to go ie if they target a guy they have no issues for going after him even if a "better" plan would be to trade down. That's why it wouldn't shock me for us to take Kelly, Sweed or possibly Devin Thomas at pick #11 even though most all grade out with lower value grades (pick 14-25) by most draft gurus. As both Whitner and Lynch had first round grades in their respective year but most felt they were lower valued players. The same can be said of the entire draft class. Right now I rank Sweed and Thomas as the top 2 though if Kelly does run and runs in the 4.45-4.55 range he could easily surpass both Sweed and Thomas as like Lynch and Whitner he's a well thought of player who came out his junior year. Meaning he's younger and perhaps offers greater upside then a guy like Sweed. Yet I admit am worried why he's yet to run yet but perhaps he's not completely healed from his injury.

I just get the feeling based on Modrak's comments and the fact that Sweed has played with a very talented Texas team, the Bills would have like to see more production out of him. I believe they like D Thomas' production last year (1st year of a new coach) and believe there are decent reasons why he did not produce better his first year with Mich State (his Junior year). JL Smith, first year a Div 1, ... The like Kelly's toughness, size, and demeanor and to some extent his solid prouction. So, IMHO, it will be Kelly or D Thomas in round 1 maybe at 11 and maybe a little lower.

Round 2 depends on who is there of the CB's and TE's. I think the Bills would take A Cason (CB) over any TE even if they had their pick of all TE's. Just my opinion though. I say this because I think Cason is a perfect fit for our defense (physical, good cover skills, tough, physical and can flip the field with INT's).

In round 3, Carlson, Cotman, Finely, or Bennet will be there and I think they like these guys. Davis and Keller will be gone be the middle of round 2.

Personally, I think Cason is gone by 35, not that I even know who picks 35, just that I'd be shocked if he was not earlier b/c so many teams will recognize he talent and need a strong CB.

Actually, on the field Kelly looks like a mix between TO and Chad Johnson. He is long striding and fluid like Johnson and has good hands. He has great leaping ability and burst to the ball, much like TO.

I was a little worried with the raps and all that the kid may be tainted, but after listening to him on GR with Howard Simon, he sounds all right. If you just looked at Marshawn Lynch, you'd call 911 thinking it was gang initiation night. In reality Marshawn is a big puppy dog for the most part. Kelly comes across as a bit of a thinker, which isn't always the strongsuit of a WR. If we can draft him and resign Evans, then draft one of the top TE's....we are going to have a young, intelligent, hard working, balanced team. I would bet anyone out there that we win at least 30 of the next 48 regular season games.

Thomas and Sweed are probably going to be decent players as well, but those are the kind of guys you take if they are around when you pick...Kelly is the type of guy you pray is there when you pick, and even make a move up on. Not that the Bills will have to move up most likely.

I'm pumped!

Actually, on the field Kelly looks like a mix between TO and Chad Johnson. He is long striding and fluid like Johnson and has good hands. He has great leaping ability and burst to the ball, much like TO.

I was a little worried with the raps and all that the kid may be tainted, but after listening to him on GR with Howard Simon, he sounds all right. If you just looked at Marshawn Lynch, you'd call 911 thinking it was gang initiation night. In reality Marshawn is a big puppy dog for the most part. Kelly comes across as a bit of a thinker, which isn't always the strongsuit of a WR. If we can draft him and resign Evans, then draft one of the top TE's....we are going to have a young, intelligent, hard working, balanced team. I would bet anyone out there that we win at least 30 of the next 48 regular season games.

Thomas and Sweed are probably going to be decent players as well, but those are the kind of guys you take if they are around when you pick...Kelly is the type of guy you pray is there when you pick, and even make a move up on. Not that the Bills will have to move up most likely.

I'm pumped!

At least you're not judgmental. :)

I heard the Poz listens to heavy metal. I think he may rip the heads of bats in his spare time. :P

What happens if we do draft Kelly? Major controversy if our new #2 WR decides to wear number 12?

If Lee Evans can wear 83, then Kelly could wear 12. But first, Malcolm would need to have a pow wow with Jimbo and learn what it means to be a Buffalo Bill.

Devin Thomas, Leodis McKelvin, and John Carlson are three that come to mind.

I have those three players drafted at RD1 #24 (Thomas), RD1 #7 (McKelvin), and RD3 #94 (Carlson). None would be a "stay put at #11" scenario. Also there is no RD2 pick in here yet to my knowledge. I think we're moving around on draft day.

Character issues? Not saying MK has any but I wouldn't want TO because he's like Chad Johnson. A ME GUY!

If that's true they don't need that on this team. That can kill chemistry. A guy should want to get the ball as much as possible but not be extremely vocal about it. I also hear he gold bricks on some plays like Randy Moss.

I just get the feeling based on Modrak's comments and the fact that Sweed has played with a very talented Texas team, the Bills would have like to see more production out of him. I believe they like D Thomas' production last year (1st year of a new coach) and believe there are decent reasons why he did not produce better his first year with Mich State (his Junior year). JL Smith, first year a Div 1, ... The like Kelly's toughness, size, and demeanor and to some extent his solid prouction. So, IMHO, it will be Kelly or D Thomas in round 1 maybe at 11 and maybe a little lower.

Round 2 depends on who is there of the CB's and TE's. I think the Bills would take A Cason (CB) over any TE even if they had their pick of all TE's. Just my opinion though. I say this because I think Cason is a perfect fit for our defense (physical, good cover skills, tough, physical and can flip the field with INT's).

In round 3, Carlson, Cotman, Finely, or Bennet will be there and I think they like these guys. Davis and Keller will be gone be the middle of round 2.

Personally, I think Cason is gone by 35, not that I even know who picks 35, just that I'd be shocked if he was not earlier b/c so many teams will recognize he talent and need a strong CB.

That's why I think Buffalo likes him, the old red herring ploy!

At least you're not judgmental. :)

I heard the Poz listens to heavy metal. I think he may rip the heads of bats in his spare time. :P

Give me a freakin' break. I see a kid with dreds, a full gold grill, with the vocabulary of Terry Schiavo.......yeah, I'm going to be judgemental until proven otherwise.

By the way, if you are into having the screen name of a sodomizer, I suggest you run over to SabresSpace and take H.Tallinder10. See....even white guys do bad things.

Give me a freakin' break. I see a kid with dreds, a full gold grill, with the vocabulary of Terry Schiavo.......yeah, I'm going to be judgemental until proven otherwise.

By the way, if you are into having the screen name of a sodomizer, I suggest you run over to SabresSpace and take H.Tallinder10. See....even white guys do bad things.

Thanks for the advice Jesus. :)

Guest dog14787
What team in front of us is going to take a WR at 11? No matter what he runs

Dallas, when Jerry Jones moves up and snatches Malcom Kelly right out from underneath us. :devil:

He's sneaky like that :P Greedy to :)

Sorry if it has already been posted:

Daniel (NYC): Can the Bills take a WR at 11 or is that too high? Especially if Kelly doesn't have a good day April 9...

Todd McShay: I think it is a little bit high, but I also think the need a big WR. If Kelly works out as well as I think he will (I am told at 230 lbs, he will run in the low 4.4s and is perfectly healthy) the Bills will strongly consider taking him there. ideally they would move back a few spots, get some picks, and still get him, but that may not happen. I am told they are falling in love with Kelly.

Love is such a strong word.

I don't buy it.

In the last two drafts since Donahoe.

With the number one pick:

1. The Bills gave no indication that they were "falling in love" with Whitner

2. Last year, even though they had a glaring hole at running back, they remained poker faced about taking Lynch

I'll give you the Whitner pick. Only a couple of places (Mayock was one, I forget the others) mentioned our infatuation with Whitner. As for our "poker face" last year...the reason our poker face was so good is because the front office was expecting Patrick Willis to fall to us. Nobody figured that San Fran would spend another top pick on a linebacker. When the drafted Willis, we went to our #2 Marshawn. That was no poker face, that was shock.

I'll give you the Whitner pick. Only a couple of places (Mayock was one, I forget the others) mentioned our infatuation with Whitner. As for our "poker face" last year...the reason our poker face was so good is because the front office was expecting Patrick Willis to fall to us. Nobody figured that San Fran would spend another top pick on a linebacker. When the drafted Willis, we went to our #2 Marshawn. That was no poker face, that was shock.

Actually, that does not appear to be the way it down. According to Marv, the Bills had both Poz and David Harris ranked ahead of Willis. Marv can be coy, but it isn't like him to outright lie. Also, Chris Brown, who was in the war room, said that the 49ers tried to talk the Bills into moving up one spot if they were interested in Willis. The Bills said thanks but no thanks and chuckled when the 49ers drafted Willis themselves. Now, we can argue all we want about whether or not the front office was correct in their assessments. After all, Willis was indeed a beast as a rookie last season. However, based on what we have heard from reliable sources, it does not appear that the Bills would have drafted Patrick Willis at #12 if he has still been there.