So noone upset at William Henry Harrison for dying 31 days into term

Pinky appreciates your get well card! She was thrown into illness by the great TSW crash of '08. She is recovering nicely but may not ever be able to be the public figure that she once was. It just depends on how she deals with the PTSD she has been experiencing since after the crash.

Pinky also says hi to VA, and assures VA that SS is a congenital idiot but that's why everyone loves him. :beer:

But back to business: how does one go about exhuming dead presidents? Maybe we should form a rogue band of nefarious grave exhumers and exhume him in the dead of night and take him to a shady back room in some warehouse and do an autopsy to see if there is any residue of treason left in his bones.

Well.....he was the first Whig president and he up and dies on them. Leaving that puss eating maggor Tyler in the oval office. During Tyler's term our Millard Fillmore pushed through a spending bill to finance--i.e. "invent"--the telegraph. He's our Al Gore!

Harrison's death was a real bummer for the north. The south had basically controlled the government from the beginning of the nation with the exception of the two Adam's administrations. Harrison was going to be a Hamiltonian type prez and Tyler was not.

The following election was very interesting. In 1844 the Liberty Party, an anti-slavery party, won enough votes to just barley give the election to James K. Polk, who then launched the Mexican War under very questionable circumstances.

The 1848 election was interesting because the Whigs ran a slaveholder Zac Taylor who turned out to be a Free Soiler. He died--or was killed!!!--and our Millard Fillmore became President. Ain't ya proud of him?

Taylor's body actually was dug up and tested for poison a few years ago.

The following election was very interesting. In 1844 the Liberty Party, an anti-slavery party, won enough votes to just barley give the election to James K. Polk, who then launched the Mexican War under very questionable circumstances.

No blood for salsa! Polk lied, people died!

Well.....he was the first Whig president and he up and dies on them. Leaving that puss eating maggor Tyler in the oval office. During Tyler's term our Millard Fillmore pushed through a spending bill to finance--i.e. "invent"--the telegraph. He's our Al Gore!

Harrison's death was a real bummer for the north. The south had basically controlled the government from the beginning of the nation with the exception of the two Adam's administrations. Harrison was going to be a Hamiltonian type prez and Tyler was not.

The 1848 election was interesting because the Whigs ran a slaveholder Zac Taylor who turned out to be a Free Soiler. He died--or was killed!!!--and our Millard Fillmore became President. Ain't ya proud of him?

Taylor's body actually was dug up and tested for poison a few years ago.

Shocking youre not blaming this all on Halliburton.

It serves him right - he gave a 2 hour inaugural speech in the cold and rain without a coat and then got sick - it may even put him in the running for a Darwin Award...

I guess that's what you get when you elect an old war hero who is the oldest president ever at the time of his inauguration....

I don't see how his present condition prevents a hanging.

:lol:

I'm pissed about McKinley dying in Buffalo! That bastard gave the city a bad name! He could have had the decency to return to Washington and die in the Whitehouse like Linclon did! :blink: Always thinking of himself that :unsure: egomaniac!

On the way he could have stopped off for a play!

I'm pissed about McKinley dying in Buffalo! That bastard gave the city a bad name! He could have had the decency to return to Washington and die in the Whitehouse like Linclon did!

Lincoln didn't die in the Whitehouse. He died in a boarding house across the street from Ford Theatre

:lol:

I'm pissed about McKinley dying in Buffalo! That bastard gave the city a bad name! He could have had the decency to return to Washington and die in the Whitehouse like Linclon did! :blink: Always thinking of himself that :unsure: egomaniac!

On the way he could have stopped off for a play!

http://www.amazon.com/Murdering-McKinley-T...7134&sr=1-4

This is a crazy good book on the topic of the assassination in Buffalo.

Really gets into the doings of the era. I'd highly recommend it