Say what you want about JP...but

JoeF

I said that because I counted on numerous occasions that he would have a tendency to bounce a pass to a wr wr on a easy 5yd out..I saw it too many times to keep track of..He could hit the long one but he sure could miss a wide open short wr..

I assume you were in the bathroom or getting a beer when he hit the 55 he DID complete then.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all fairness, Pete (and I appreciate your sentiments), Bills fans are no smarter, or classier, than any other NFL fans. It is the pack mentallity that the NFL thrives on. The internet just makes it all the more visable. I am a big fan of Losman too, but the longer he played, the more inclined I was/am to think he might not be the answer. Still, I never wanted to see a Bills player succeed more than JP. However, there have been a lot of good guys to don the Bills uniform over the years. Drew Bledsoe, by most all accounts, was a hell of a good guy. When he couldn't win enough games, and his flaws as a player became more prominent, all of his good will and image meant nothing. It has been that way forever. Knowing people involved with the franchise for about 20 years, I can tell you, most Bills staffers like Rob Johnson a lot more than they liked Doug Flutie. But, Flutie won more games....that is, in the end, what it is always about.

Wefollow the Bills, because we want the team to win titles (but hell, we will even settle for a few games). I for one, firmly believe, should JP end up in Buffalo for the 2008 season, he will get a chance to start again, at some point. It might be for injury, or for poor performance, but there are so few guys who start every game any more. I don't buy the fact that JP hasn't gotten a fair shake to win the starting job. He has/had to perform better than he did, no matter what the circumstances, for the Bills (or any NFL team for that matter) to committ to him. He just never really performed well in those "gotta take the reins" situations. It has nothing to do with Trent Edwards being better than Losman (he may or may not be, we shall see), but everything to do with JP having to play better.

Thanks for the well thought out response. I love intelligent discourse. If he is the QB that will take us to the next level- that is up for debate, and I probably concur with you. But the personal insults and the out and out hate- for a back up QB that was good to the city of Buffalo- I will never fathom. Once JP is run out of town (like many other predecessors), you can bet there will be a new whipping boy. It reminds of of the Sartre rebel versus the revoloutionary philosophy. The rebel is a fraud- they actually embrace whatever it is they are rebelling against. It is their whole existence. They are nothing without whatever they are rebelling against. Where as the revoloutionary truly wants change. What would some post if it wasn't JP hate? Perhaps they have nothing else interesting to say

I grew up in Dallas in the 70's and people clamored for Danny White when Staubach was winnin SuperBowls...But you know what..When Staubach was the Backup for Morton they clamored for him..Bottom line is no one is going to please everyone..Some people dont like certain players..Thats the way it is..I just dont like JP..No big deal..I just prefer to see someone else at QB..What do I know..I liked the way Todd Collins threw a 20 yard in and I thought he would do just fine replacing Kelly..LOL

so you are gonna lower the bar for Buffalo because of some idiots in Dallas? What other backups on the Bills are on your hate list?

Well.. I guess we have to give you points for honesty.

Is it a fact based dislike or just a general emotional dislike?

Here is my shortened opinion I hope..It felt that he just didnt get it..I would sit there and watch an obvious blitz coming at him and he would look at the blitzer pre snap and then sit back in the pocket and get nailed for a loss..Common sense tells you to get rid of the ball quick or run..He would do neither on a way too consistent basis to have any success on offense..He would hit the long one and make things ok for awhile but he didnt do enough for me on a consistent basis to keep any momentum going..Maybe he needed more time to be groomed but when they drafted Edwards his groom time halted..I was actually beginning to like the way he played until the last game against Tenn 2 yrs ago..That last drive we had a chance to win and he totally messed up the time management and he looked like he just stepped on the field for the first time..Utter confusion is all I saw..A 4 yr pro just shouldnt play like that..

I can go on and explain I just dont like the way he plays..I dont hate him or dislike him..I just dont trust him as my favorite teams starting qb..Doesnt meen I am right just my opionion poorly stated and spelled I am sure...LOL

so you are gonna lower the bar for Buffalo because of some idiots in Dallas? What other backups on the Bills are on your hate list?

Give it up...It was an example for you that not everyone knows what they are talking about.....Because you like Jp I should like it when he leads my favorite team to another losing season..Not gonna happen..He is on the bench for a reason and I hope he stays there..

I assume you were in the bathroom or getting a beer when he hit the 55 he DID complete then.

So you have been on me to explain my side..What do you see in JP that makes you think he is going to lead the Bills to a SuperBowl win

Here is my shortened opinion I hope..It felt that he just didnt get it..I would sit there and watch an obvious blitz coming at him and he would look at the blitzer pre snap and then sit back in the pocket and get nailed for a loss..Common sense tells you to get rid of the ball quick or run..He would do neither on a way too consistent basis to have any success on offense..He would hit the long one and make things ok for awhile but he didnt do enough for me on a consistent basis to keep any momentum going..Maybe he needed more time to be groomed but when they drafted Edwards his groom time halted..I was actually beginning to like the way he played until the last game against Tenn 2 yrs ago..That last drive we had a chance to win and he totally messed up the time management and he looked like he just stepped on the field for the first time..Utter confusion is all I saw..A 4 yr pro just shouldnt play like that..

I can go on and explain I just dont like the way he plays..I dont hate him or dislike him..I just dont trust him as my favorite teams starting qb..Doesnt meen I am right just my opionion poorly stated and spelled I am sure...LOL

Actually.. I can respect that opinion. All of it. Though you may or may not be aware that JP was pretty much told NOT to run (I will put this hear as hearsay 'cause even though I remember reading it, I don't have a link handy at the moment)

JP happens to be one of my favorite players. Don't get me wrong. I like Trent. He's a hell of a nice guy and has a decent game. Where he goes from here is anyone's guess. Trent fits this Bills team's system. Jp? Not so much. JP is a risk taker and willing to get smacked in the mouth. For some reason, that just appeals to me more.

But, based on game performance I can't kind of understand the dislike for JP. It holds a lot more merit than "he talks like a girl" or "he needs a haircut" or "he just sucks". A lot of people can't put into words WHY they don't like him. I commend you for being able to.

So you have been on me to explain my side..What do you see in JP that makes you think he is going to lead the Bills to a SuperBowl win

I don't think I ever did. Could he? Maybe.

Could Trent? Maybe.

Crissakes... Eli Freakin' Manning won a Superbowl against the jauggernaut Pats*. Anything can happen.

that's only because he's not good enough to hold out. when he starts establishing himself like Chad Johnson, etc... then he has some kind of leverage to do so. the last i saw, he's still under contract with the Bills so he has no choice. he NEEDS the practice anyways since he couldn't beat out a rookie last year. he just needs to keep his mouth shut, practice, and hope that he can perform well to beat out a second year player.

That is a great post. Very well said. JP needs all the practice he can get.

Actually.. I can respect that opinion. All of it. Though you may or may not be aware that JP was pretty much told NOT to run (I will put this hear as hearsay 'cause even though I remember reading it, I don't have a link handy at the moment)

JP happens to be one of my favorite players. Don't get me wrong. I like Trent. He's a hell of a nice guy and has a decent game. Where he goes from here is anyone's guess. Trent fits this Bills team's system. Jp? Not so much. JP is a risk taker and willing to get smacked in the mouth. For some reason, that just appeals to me more.

But, based on game performance I can't kind of understand the dislike for JP. It holds a lot more merit than "he talks like a girl" or "he needs a haircut" or "he just sucks". A lot of people can't put into words WHY they don't like him. I commend you for being able to.

I read the same thing..It came from Turk..If true which it sounds like it is then shame on the Bills for not giving him a chance to prove what he has to offer..

With that said I do not want to go through last year this year again...It sucked it took all the fun out of watching the Bills..

Trent has a ton of flaws..And if he doesnt throw the ball downfield more and take shots I wont like him long either..LOL

I read the same thing..It came from Turk..If true which it sounds like it is then shame on the Bills for not giving him a chance to prove what he has to offer..

With that said I do not want to go through last year this year again...It sucked it took all the fun out of watching the Bills..

Trent has a ton of flaws..And if he doesnt throw the ball downfield more and take shots I wont like him long either..LOL

It was a shame. Not to mention the crap about no audibles. JP ran the no huddle and audibled competently in '06, only to have Fairchild kill it in '07 (before anyone comes back with it was because he sucks Trent ran it once and it was pulled from him too).

I'm not sure the uncomfortableness in the pocket JP shows is uncertainty. I think it's him fighting every instinct he has to be the type of QB he is to try and become the type of QB the coaches WANT him to be to fit into their system.

He is in attendance at the first day of workouts. Look at all the !@#$s out there who are unhappy with their situation and use the media to bargain and leverage their no-shows as a badge of some display of courage. JP is not divisive..he is a team guy. In my mind this only enhances his trade value if that's the route we go and it shows me that he will be okay if we keep him.

We can trash him all we want for his play on the field...but he constantly shows me he is a mature, team-oriented player...I am glad he is still a Bill.

From Chris Brown:

LOSMAN IN ATTENDANCE: Buffalobills.com confirmed that QB J.P. Losman was in the building for the start of Buffalo's offseason program and did attend position meetings.

---

I agree Losman is a great teammate and all around good guy. Sucks it didn't work out for him here because I know most of us wanted it to. That said, there's a Grand Canyon difference in a guy like Chad Johnson holding and Losman. Losman is in really no position to hold out if he wants a job in this league.

Don't get me wrong.....your point is taken.

Now, he makes millions of dollars to show up to his job, but your point is taken.

Your signature reminded me ... Black 47 is playing the Bridgewater in Kingston ... April 5th ... tix are $20 at the box office. Doors open at five. I haven't seen 'em since the Killian's Fest at Altamont in 2006. I'll be there. Because, after all ... "I didn't come here to die ... but to fight for the rights of the working man!" Hope to see you there ...

It was a shame. Not to mention the crap about no audibles. JP ran the no huddle and audibled competently in '06, only to have Fairchild kill it in '07 (before anyone comes back with it was because he sucks Trent ran it once and it was pulled from him too).

I'm not sure the uncomfortableness in the pocket JP shows is uncertainty. I think it's him fighting every instinct he has to be the type of QB he is to try and become the type of QB the coaches WANT him to be to fit into their system.

Its probably alot of both if that makes any sense..Obviously Fairchild is living proof that its not what you know but who you know..His offense was terrible but it is the Qb's job to make things happen and it just didnt...He shares the blame..And if Treent doesnt get it done he wont be here long either..

Its probably alot of both if that makes any sense..Obviously Fairchild is living proof that its not what you know but who you know..His offense was terrible but it is the Qb's job to make things happen and it just didnt...He shares the blame..And if Treent doesnt get it done he wont be here long either..

Agreed.

Believe me.. there were many occasions where I wanted to drive into the city and smack JP upside the head. LOL!

team player and an asset in the community. The guy took to the city of Buffalo and this board kicks him in the balls every chance it gets. I always used to tell my friends how great Bills fans are. Well after seeing how poorly JP is treated I no longer brag about what great fans the Bills are. Keep running good guys out of town- then don't cry to me when the team bolts. If you can't support your team and it's players you do not deserve a team

I understand what you're saying and I agree it makes Bills fans look bad. But unfortunately for some reason, people like taking shots at palyers who are leaving (see Travis Henry, Flutie, Moulds). It's crap but this is the internet where everyone is 6'5" 300 lbs of muscle behind their keyboard. :)

That said, part of the Losman backlash is because of the people who support him. I loved Losman and wanted him to work out. But in 4 years, he has been the model of inconsistency. There are a lot of factors but it does get annoying when peopel make a million excuses for him. Bottomline, he had several opportunities to seize the job and he couldn't. Yet, people think there is some giant conspiracy.

I see a lot of positives in both QB's. Trent is very accurate when he is on, and JP has proven to be a clutch fourth quarter QB. I could be happy with either. To bad most people here don't want to be happy about either. Just need to get adequate targets and a better defense.

I see a lot of positives in both QB's. Trent is very accurate when he is on, and JP has proven to be a clutch fourth quarter QB. I could be happy with either. To bad most people here don't want to be happy about either. Just need to get adequate targets and a better defense.

If only you could put Trent's brain in JP's body... :)

I love having both JP and Trent. You need two good QB's in today's game and we are rich in that regard. Too bad it is RJ/Flutie all over again. What should be a strength "fans" want to tear apart.