Say what you want about JP...but

JoeF

He is in attendance at the first day of workouts. Look at all the !@#$s out there who are unhappy with their situation and use the media to bargain and leverage their no-shows as a badge of some display of courage. JP is not divisive..he is a team guy. In my mind this only enhances his trade value if that's the route we go and it shows me that he will be okay if we keep him.

We can trash him all we want for his play on the field...but he constantly shows me he is a mature, team-oriented player...I am glad he is still a Bill.

From Chris Brown:

LOSMAN IN ATTENDANCE: Buffalobills.com confirmed that QB J.P. Losman was in the building for the start of Buffalo's offseason program and did attend position meetings.

---

team player and an asset in the community. The guy took to the city of Buffalo and this board kicks him in the balls every chance it gets. I always used to tell my friends how great Bills fans are. Well after seeing how poorly JP is treated I no longer brag about what great fans the Bills are. Keep running good guys out of town- then don't cry to me when the team bolts. If you can't support your team and it's players you do not deserve a team

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder, with JP bouncing every one of his passes, how he ever managed to complete 63% in a season?

i wonder if the Bills can win with Losman at QB, considering they won more when they had a rookie starting.

Facts kill his argument cant we mess with him some more?

argue that fact. :)

Criticizing Trent does not automatically mean that one wants JP to start. Trent gave everyone a lot to criticize with his abysmal performances over the last 3 weeks of the season.

As a corollary, thinking Trent has a lot to prove does not mean that one thinks he should NOT be starting. He needs to do a lot of improving, but he still should be starting this season.

The last 3 weeks? How about the entire season? The Dallas game in particular! I do not understand anointing Trent the starter, he has proven NOTHING so far.

team player and an asset in the community. The guy took to the city of Buffalo and this board kicks him in the balls every chance it gets. I always used to tell my friends how great Bills fans are. Well after seeing how poorly JP is treated I no longer brag about what great fans the Bills are. Keep running good guys out of town- then don't cry to me when the team bolts. If you can't support your team and it's players you do not deserve a team

I still live here..Go to games pay taxes in NYS..You? My hard earned tax dollars I earn in Erie county to keep the Bills in Buffalo give me the right to speak my mind...How bout you?

Link please????

Last year

From 0-7 he was 59 percent

from 8-14 he was 63 percent

and from 14 plus he was 69 percent..

nfl.com

I had to go to the play by play for each game he played in

Of JP's 111 completed passes this year

18 were for 0-5 yards,(16%)

37 were 5-10 yds. (36%),

24 were 10-15 yds.(21%),

11 were 15-20 yds.(9%)

7 were 20-25 yds.(6%),

2 were for 25 to 30 yds.(1.8%)

1 was 35-40 yds.,(<1%) 1 was 45-50 yds.(<1%)

and 1 was for 85 yds.(<1%)

8 passes were for a loss of yardage.

Almost 3/4 of JP's passes are for less than 15 yards (73%). In fact 82% of JP's completed passes were for 20 yards or less.

The last 3 weeks? How about the entire season? The Dallas game in particular! I do not understand anointing Trent the starter, he has proven NOTHING so far.

Your right he hasnt proved anything yet..He better play well or he will be the next wannabe qb looking for another occupation

nfl.com

I had to go to the play by play for each game he played in

Of JP's 111 completed passes this year

18 were for 0-5 yards,(16%)

37 were 5-10 yds. (36%),

24 were 10-15 yds.(21%),

11 were 15-20 yds.(9%)

7 were 20-25 yds.(6%),

2 were for 25 to 30 yds.(1.8%)

1 was 35-40 yds.,(<1%) 1 was 45-50 yds.(<1%)

and 1 was for 85 yds.(<1%)

8 passes were for a loss of yardage.

Almost 3/4 of JP's passes are for less than 15 yards (73%). In fact 82% of JP's completed passes were for 20 yards or less.

It was like they were holding back..I remember wondering why he wouldnt air it out..

It was like they were holding back..I remember wondering why he wouldnt air it out..

Because that's the type of offense Fairchild (and Jauron?) wanted to run. Trent does it to a T. It fits his type of play (NOT a knock on Trent).

JP was drafted as a mobile QB with a strong arm and we took him and told him to stand still and throw short.

I still live here..Go to games pay taxes in NYS..You? My hard earned tax dollars I earn in Erie county to keep the Bills in Buffalo give me the right to speak my mind...How bout you?

hey it's a free country and we all have freedom of speech. Everyone has a right to be an !@#$ to the backup QB, that is their right. That doesn't change the fact that they are an !@#$, but they are well within their rights. And no I no longer live in Buffalo. My parents moved when I was in 5th grade

Because that's the type of offense Fairchild (and Jauron?) wanted to run. Trent does it to a T. It fits his type of play (NOT a knock on Trent).

JP was drafted as a mobile QB with a strong arm and we took him and told him to stand still and throw short.

I would venture to say that 80% of every qb's passes compleeted are 20 yards and under..

In all fairness, Pete (and I appreciate your sentiments), Bills fans are no smarter, or classier, than any other NFL fans. It is the pack mentallity that the NFL thrives on. The internet just makes it all the more visable. I am a big fan of Losman too, but the longer he played, the more inclined I was/am to think he might not be the answer. Still, I never wanted to see a Bills player succeed more than JP. However, there have been a lot of good guys to don the Bills uniform over the years. Drew Bledsoe, by most all accounts, was a hell of a good guy. When he couldn't win enough games, and his flaws as a player became more prominent, all of his good will and image meant nothing. It has been that way forever. Knowing people involved with the franchise for about 20 years, I can tell you, most Bills staffers like Rob Johnson a lot more than they liked Doug Flutie. But, Flutie won more games....that is, in the end, what it is always about.

Wefollow the Bills, because we want the team to win titles (but hell, we will even settle for a few games). I for one, firmly believe, should JP end up in Buffalo for the 2008 season, he will get a chance to start again, at some point. It might be for injury, or for poor performance, but there are so few guys who start every game any more. I don't buy the fact that JP hasn't gotten a fair shake to win the starting job. He has/had to perform better than he did, no matter what the circumstances, for the Bills (or any NFL team for that matter) to committ to him. He just never really performed well in those "gotta take the reins" situations. It has nothing to do with Trent Edwards being better than Losman (he may or may not be, we shall see), but everything to do with JP having to be better, period.

I would venture to say that 80% of every qb's passes compleeted are 20 yards and under..

Umm.. then why say this?

Just the short ones Ramius..I just could not get it...Here he could fling a ball 60 yards on the money but a freakin 15 yard pass he couldnt...I dont get it..Besides that where did I say every one.Typical

hey it's a free country and we all have freedom of speech. Everyone has a right to be an !@#$ to the backup QB, that is their right. That doesn't change the fact that they are an !@#$, but they are well within their rights. And no I no longer live in Buffalo. My parents moved when I was in 5th grade

I grew up in Dallas in the 70's and people clamored for Danny White when Staubach was winnin SuperBowls...But you know what..When Staubach was the Backup for Morton they clamored for him..Bottom line is no one is going to please everyone..Some people dont like certain players..Thats the way it is..I just dont like JP..No big deal..I just prefer to see someone else at QB..What do I know..I liked the way Todd Collins threw a 20 yard in and I thought he would do just fine replacing Kelly..LOL

Umm.. then why say this?

I said that because I counted on numerous occasions that he would have a tendency to bounce a pass to a wr wr on a easy 5yd out..I saw it too many times to keep track of..He could hit the long one but he sure could miss a wide open short wr..The guy had his chance he couldnt get it done regardless..Time to see if someone else can..

I grew up in Dallas in the 70's and people clamored for Danny White when Staubach was winnin SuperBowls...But you know what..When Staubach was the Backup for Morton they clamored for him..Bottom line is no one is going to please everyone..Some people dont like certain players..Thats the way it is..I just dont like JP..No big deal..I just prefer to see someone else at QB..What do I know..I liked the way Todd Collins threw a 20 yard in and I thought he would do just fine replacing Kelly..LOL

Well.. I guess we have to give you points for honesty.

Is it a fact based dislike or just a general emotional dislike?

I'd rather just join you at the bar <_<

even better. you buy the beers, we'll talk about Losman, and then get on the subject of Hamdan. :)

i take that back. you aren't even of age to drink. it looks like "pepsi" for you, 752. (pun intended)