Pressure on the QB>>>anything else.

NewEra

If we can get a bonafide PASS RUSHERin the 1st, I think we should. Long and Gholston will probably be gone, but Harvey has a chance to fall to us. If he's there, take him. Then try and trade up to get a WR or just draft one with our 2nd round. Go TE in the 3rd and we've covered the majority of our bases. If Harvey can give us a pass rush (because our pass rush was non-existent last year), I don't think we really need to draft a CB. McGee, Greer, Youbouty and James are a decent enough core if we can FINALLY put pressure on the QB. After adding Harvey, theres still a possiblity we can get Kelly, Sweed, Hardy, Thomas etc after a trade up or in the 2nd. I've seen Harvey play a bunch, and he's a high effort/high production player that plays his best when during big games and crunch time. The giants won the SB because of a pass rush. We currently have none. Stroud is a nice addition, but he doesnt make our pass rush top notch. The addition of Harvey could do that.

If we can get a bonafide PASS RUSHERin the 1st, I think we should. Long and Gholston will probably be gone, but Harvey has a chance to fall to us. If he's there, take him. Then try and trade up to get a WR or just draft one with our 2nd round. Go TE in the 3rd and we've covered the majority of our bases. If Harvey can give us a pass rush (because our pass rush was non-existent last year), I don't think we really need to draft a CB. McGee, Greer, Youbouty and James are a decent enough core if we can FINALLY put pressure on the QB. After adding Harvey, theres still a possiblity we can get Kelly, Sweed, Hardy, Thomas etc after a trade up or in the 2nd. I've seen Harvey play a bunch, and he's a high effort/high production player that plays his best when during big games and crunch time. The giants won the SB because of a pass rush. We currently have none. Stroud is a nice addition, but he doesnt make our pass rush top notch. The addition of Harvey could do that.

so true. but such an elusive idea to the many potential lion GMs on this board.

Well said. Stroud should be a much welcome addition, but he's what 30 now? After him we have potential with McCargo, and past that our interior dline is weak. At defensive end it's horribly weak. With just 1 bonafide pass rusher in Schobel. Kelsay/Denney ideally should be your 3rd and 4th options at defensive end. You can pretty much mix and mash one for the other. Denney sadly is probably a better all around player then Kelsay. Better against the run, stronger, and is similar in pass rush statue. Neither of them keep opposing qb's up late at night. Both are coming off injuries. Adding a natural beast of a pass rusher like Harvey, would drastically improve the end position, as well as depth. Add another defensive tackle, in later rounds as well, and we may be on to something. This dline needed the same kind of makeover the oline got. Stroud/Spencer Johnson are a nice start hopefully it continues. Take Harvey, address wr/te in 2nd/3rd rd.

I agree disrupting the pass rusher is the most important aspect, having seen first hand what that can do with Bruce SMith, Bryce Paup etc.

How much different is Harvey compared to what we have in Schoebel or Kelsay. I don't know the answer to the question (Some draft-pundit can enlighten us).

However, at this point we do not have a legitimate 2nd WR on the team. Reed and Parrish can only work in the slot and they have proved to be incapable working the sideline. A Kelly, Sweed or Thomas will be a instant upgrade at that position

Harvey if available is my top choice, and would give us a great rotation. Yeah, we could miss out on the top WR's, but if we focus on adding the best TE available in the 2nd, another position that has been pathetic for far too long, we could take a chance on someone like Bowman in the 3rd. I would be fine with that approach. Don't forget Teyo Johnson as a red zone WR should we fail to land a skyscraper WR this draft........