So, what's the real deal with William James?

Is anyone else worried about it? The situation reminds me so much of the Bryant Johnson one. First we brought him in. We liked him and he liked it here. Then a couple days later, it was reported on ESPN and NFL Network and several other places that he signed a contract to join the Buffalo Bills. Yet, nothing was reported anywhere on the Buffalo Bills website. It was never mentioned in the Chris Brown blog and also was not put up as one of the lead stories. Hell, they don't have him on their roster either. So, whats the deal? Is this another one of those false reporting? Was John Clayton wrong, yet everyone else trusted him so they all reported it? I'm sure it's no big deal because he wasn't that good in Philly. But he's better than Youboty IMO and might compete with Greer, plus he makes it so we don't waste a 1st rounder on a CB. What do you guys think?

Is anyone else worried about it? The situation reminds me so much of the Bryant Johnson one. First we brought him in. We liked him and he liked it here. Then a couple days later, it was reported on ESPN and NFL Network and several other places that he signed a contract to join the Buffalo Bills. Yet, nothing was reported anywhere on the Buffalo Bills website. It was never mentioned in the Chris Brown blog and also was not put up as one of the lead stories. Hell, they don't have him on their roster either. So, whats the deal? Is this another one of those false reporting? Was John Clayton wrong, yet everyone else trusted him so they all reported it? I'm sure it's no big deal because he wasn't that good in Philly. But he's better than Youboty IMO and might compete with Greer, plus he makes it so we don't waste a 1st rounder on a CB. What do you guys think?

If we spend a first round pick on a CB, it surely won't be wasted.. Our CBs last year played hard and well for that matter; but none of them were shut down corners.. If we get one of the big name corners in the draft, he is surely help build depth, competition, and more than likely start at some point this year. I don't believe that Wiliam James solves any problem we have better than a CB we would take in the first round.

If we spend a first round pick on a CB, it surely won't be wasted.. Our CBs last year played hard and well for that matter; but none of them were shut down corners.. If we get one of the big name corners in the draft, he is surely help build depth, competition, and more than likely start at some point this year. I don't believe that Wiliam James solves any problem we have better than a CB we would take in the first round.

Don't get me wrong, I would like a guy like DRC here. But I really feel that if we want to make this team playoff ready, we have to do something to help the offense. We are desperate for another WR. And let's face it, we probably need 2 as I don't see Lee Evans staying here when the Bills trade JP.

Wawrow reported it it too though, and he's rarely wrong. Perhaps last minute haggling.

Could be just the final bonus/additions to the contract that they are trying to hammer down. Hopefully they are just waiting for him to come to Buffalo to join the team in the offseason conditioning. :lol:

I believe the Billsdaily.com is reporting it and they are usually correct about the signings the team has made. Also, with Bryant Johnson, none of the major sports outlets reported that Johnson had signed. Only Sirius radio apparently made the announcement. At least, I never saw anything on ESPN or SI or CBS.

As to the substance of the signing, William James, formerly William Peterson, is definitely a good pickup. James was a beast for the Giants when he played for them and his play was hampered in two seasons with Philly because of a back injury he suffered about midway through the 06-07 season. He took much of the offseason to recover and was not 100% for most of the year last year. However, if you look at his stats from the final five games, his play definitely began to improve. In his interview (for what that's worth) he said at the end of last season his back finally stopped bothering him and he felt like he was back to playing at his best. If that is true, and I'm sure the Bills doctors checked out his back thoroughly, he would be a very good addition to the team. He has size and the athleticism to compete against the larger WRs in the AFC East, particularly Moss. James is 6'2" and 194. Plus he has good speed. McGee, James, Greer would be a very strong combination, and if Youboty can play to his potential this season, our defensive backfield should be very good.

I still think we take a CB in the first three rounds though, even if it is only for depth.

James is a very solid pick-up. I have seen him play many times. Remember what R. Moss did to our small corners. It's time to start thinking about matching up with the pats. One of my goals is to actually beat them in "08. Toward that end, I think Derek Harvey would be a very interesting pick.

Wawrow reported it it too though, and he's rarely wrong. Perhaps last minute haggling.

Right, and the reports were that James' agent had confirmed that he had reached a two-year deal with the Bills. It looks as though the agreed upon contract simply hasn't been signed yet.

James is a very solid pick-up. I have seen him play many times. Remember what R. Moss did to our small corners.

That's the main reason why I liked the pickup. It finally gave us a big CB to line up against the big WRs in our division. We usually have small CBs. It's about time that it changed. :lol:

First we need big WRs, then a big center, of course big DT, pretty sure a big TE is a good thing, and now we need big CBs. Is there no room on the team for short people? Do short people really have no reason to live?

First we need big WRs, then a big center, of course big DT, pretty sure a big TE is a good thing, and now we need big CBs. Is there no room on the team for short people? Do short people really have no reason to live?

It's a pandemic. We even have the shortest guy in the league that runs out on the field and grabs the tee after kickoffs, and some teams use 7 year-old kids!