Mock Draft that we will all love

honestly i would be pissed if we got Jordy Nelson, although his stats are good i just dont think he will be very productive and he never really went across the middle always fly routes i say BOO to this draft

Dude...don't be a biscuit---just go along with it...

I would be unbelievably UNHAPPY with this draft. Our Top need is NOT DE. WIth Stroud and Johnson coming in on at DT, teams are now going to have to double Stroud. This will free up Schobel and Kelsay for more 1 on 1s where they excel. In 06' Schobel had 13.5 sacks, because the DTs required more respect from defenses. Also, Spencer Johnson has played DE before and has the ideal size and speed for the position. I see him playing on the outside at times this season.

That being said, Buffalo needs to take a top flight WR in the first round, whether we take Kelly, Thomas, Sweed or Hardy at 11 or we trade down with someone and take one of them later. The only pick I agreed with in that entire draft was Fred Davis in the second round. We also need a C, CB and I would like to see us take a FB in the draft. If I could get my wish, my draft would look as follows.

Trade #11 to Dallas for their #22 and #28 so Dallas can select RB Mendenhall

1a. Malcolm Kelly WR

1b. Fred Davis TE

2. Brandon Flowers CB

3. Mike Pollack C

4. Owen Schmidt FB

5. Jordy Nelson WR

6. David Roach FS

7a. Matt Spanos C

7b. D-Line (for Depth)

Again, I don't think we need to take a D-Lineman until late in the draft for depth. Also, I believe Al Wallace is still on the payroll and should be back from his injury. He isn't a starter anymore, but he could be a good back up. Also, I do believe the Bills will extend an offer to Jason Hall or Kalimba Edwards, both of whom visited OBD last week. I expect one of them to be in a Bills uniform by the time the draft starts in April. That would alleviate some of the depth and talent issues at the DE spot without having to use a top pick on a DE. Plus there's too much money locked into the position already for them to add another 25 mil.

Sorry, I'm not loving this draft. I hate the fact that our offense which is desperate for help continues to get ignored. The truth is, Lee Evans will most likely be traded after the season via a tag and trade, or will sign elsewhere. We also don't have a solid #2 receiver. I do really like the Fred Davis pick. He will be the stud TE we have been missing. But I hate not drafting a WR until round 3 and I'm not sold out Nelson.

I would be unbelievably UNHAPPY with this draft. Our Top need is NOT DE. WIth Stroud and Johnson coming in on at DT, teams are now going to have to double Stroud. This will free up Schobel and Kelsay for more 1 on 1s where they excel. In 06' Schobel had 13.5 sacks, because the DTs required more respect from defenses. Also, Spencer Johnson has played DE before and has the ideal size and speed for the position. I see him playing on the outside at times this season.

That being said, Buffalo needs to take a top flight WR in the first round, whether we take Kelly, Thomas, Sweed or Hardy at 11 or we trade down with someone and take one of them later. The only pick I agreed with in that entire draft was Fred Davis in the second round. We also need a C, CB and I would like to see us take a FB in the draft. If I could get my wish, my draft would look as follows.

Trade #11 to Dallas for their #22 and #28 so Dallas can select RB Mendenhall

1a. Malcolm Kelly WR

1b. Fred Davis TE

2. Brandon Flowers CB

3. Mike Pollack C

4. Owen Schmidt FB

5. Jordy Nelson WR

6. David Roach FS

7a. Matt Spanos C

7b. D-Line (for Depth)

Again, I don't think we need to take a D-Lineman until late in the draft for depth. Also, I believe Al Wallace is still on the payroll and should be back from his injury. He isn't a starter anymore, but he could be a good back up. Also, I do believe the Bills will extend an offer to Jason Hall or Kalimba Edwards, both of whom visited OBD last week. I expect one of them to be in a Bills uniform by the time the draft starts in April. That would alleviate some of the depth and talent issues at the DE spot without having to use a top pick on a DE. Plus there's too much money locked into the position already for them to add another 25 mil.

Now that's more like it. Finally a draft that focuses on our sole need, offense, specifically WR and TE. Plus you also fill our big hole at C and CB. Nice. :lol:

The tragic injury to Kevin Everett has created a hole at tight end.

WHAT? No offense to KE, God bless him, but what did he ever do for the Bills offense? His injury, tragic as it was, did NOTHING to the Bill's TE situation. At the time, most in the know, thought Everett was very lucky to make the roster (in retrospect he would have been luckier getting cut).

How can a guy this oblivious be used a source for anything?

Sorry, I'm not loving this draft. I hate the fact that our offense which is desperate for help continues to get ignored. The truth is, Lee Evans will most likely be traded after the season via a tag and trade, or will sign elsewhere. We also don't have a solid #2 receiver. I do really like the Fred Davis pick. He will be the stud TE we have been missing. But I hate not drafting a WR until round 3 and I'm not sold out Nelson.

I believe Lee Evans will be retained. I believe that he will get a 5 or 6 yr contract worth somewhere in the 35 to 40 mil range with 14 mil guaranteed. If he won't take that right off the bat, Buffalo franchises him, lets him see that the market is cooling off and maybe bumps up the numbers on the guaranteed a bit and he signs anyway. That being said, I also could see Buffalo parting ways with him as the last holdover from the Tom Donahoe era. That's why I think we take two WRs this year. A first rounder who can come in and start THIS season and gain rapport with TE and the offense, and another guy who can sit for two years, get better, learn the system and come in and play at the number two spot opposite say Malcolm Kelly, Limas Sweed, or Devin Thomas.

Taking a top receiver this year gives the Bills some leverage with Evans too. They can tell him they are trying to help him by getting a big guy on the other side to take double teams off of him. But the intrinsic message is "Hey, you need us more than we need you. This guy is going to be great. You should take our offer, which is pretty damn good and stay here. The two of you would turn us into a powerhouse. Otherwise, you can go to Oakland or Houston and never make the playoffs and never have a chance to play in the Super Bowl." We'll see, but I do think that, ultimately, the Bills will retain him.

I believe Lee Evans will be retained. I believe that he will get a 5 or 6 yr contract worth somewhere in the 35 to 40 mil range with 14 mil guaranteed. If he won't take that right off the bat, Buffalo franchises him, lets him see that the market is cooling off and maybe bumps up the numbers on the guaranteed a bit and he signs anyway. That being said, I also could see Buffalo parting ways with him as the last holdover from the Tom Donahoe era. That's why I think we take two WRs this year. A first rounder who can come in and start THIS season and gain rapport with TE and the offense, and another guy who can sit for two years, get better, learn the system and come in and play at the number two spot opposite say Malcolm Kelly, Limas Sweed, or Devin Thomas.

Taking a top receiver this year gives the Bills some leverage with Evans too. They can tell him they are trying to help him by getting a big guy on the other side to take double teams off of him. But the intrinsic message is "Hey, you need us more than we need you. This guy is going to be great. You should take our offer, which is pretty damn good and stay here. The two of you would turn us into a powerhouse. Otherwise, you can go to Oakland or Houston and never make the playoffs and never have a chance to play in the Super Bowl." We'll see, but I do think that, ultimately, the Bills will retain him.

Good post, but I think you have to raise your contract numbers a bit if you want Evans to stay. He'll definitely get more money than Bernard Berrian. He's better. They are the same age, but Lee has much better stats....

Lee Evans

233 receptions, 3727 yards, 16.0 avg, 85 yards longest, 29 TDs

Bernard Berrian

150 receptions, 2197 yards, 14.6 avg, 62 yards longest, 13 TDs.

This was Berrian's contract....

The Vikings signed Bernard Berrian to a six-year, $42 million contract, with a $16 million signing bonus. He'll get $23 million in the first three years.

Good post, but I think you have to raise your contract numbers a bit if you want Evans to stay. He'll definitely get more money than Bernard Berrian. He's better. They are the same age, but Lee has much better stats....

Lee Evans

233 receptions, 3727 yards, 16.0 avg, 85 yards longest, 29 TDs

Bernard Berrian

150 receptions, 2197 yards, 14.6 avg, 62 yards longest, 13 TDs.

This was Berrian's contract....

I think you are right. Buffalo will probably end up shelling out for 6 yrs 45 mil with a 10 mil signing bonus and 25 mil in the first three years, with upward incentives. I just don't think they will make that their first offer, and try and use some leverage to get him to sign for a bit less. The end result, though, I think, will be a contract that keeps him here for six more years, thus giving us a legitimate chance to make several playoff runs over that time.

I think you are right. Buffalo will probably end up shelling out for 6 yrs 45 mil with a 10 mil signing bonus and 25 mil in the first three years, with upward incentives. I just don't think they will make that their first offer, and try and use some leverage to get him to sign for a bit less. The end result, though, I think, will be a contract that keeps him here for six more years, thus giving us a legitimate chance to make several playoff runs over that time.

I'm betting they will do everything they can to keep him here, but he will be asking for a contract like this...

6-years for $50 million with $20 million guaranteed.

They will then probably say that it's too much for him and will tag him and trade him, like they did with Peerless Price.

I'm betting they will do everything they can to keep him here, but he will be asking for a contract like this...

6-years for $50 million with $20 million guaranteed.

They will then probably say that it's too much for him and will tag him and trade him, like they did with Peerless Price.

The difference was that with Peerless we still had a top receiver in Moulds. Here, Lee is it, and the Bills know it. Plus, IIRC, when Moulds was in the same position in 00' didn't we give him some really high contract? I seem to recall it was in the range you estimated we would give LE? Either way, 6 for 50 mil with 20 guaranteed isn't a bad deal for us. We have the cap space at least in the high money years of the contract to make that work. Plus you lock him up for the team at a time we need him most. Then, if he starts to fall off in the later years, the cap hit to release him isn't as large and you have a Malcolm Kelly or a Devin Thomas who is ready to step into the starting role and a Jordy Nelson or Adrian Arrington who can step into the number two or three role and Trent still has two solid targets. Assuming that we draft two WRs this year which I think we will.