McCain's Experience!

AMMAN, Jordan -- Sen. John McCain, traveling in the Middle East to promote his foreign policy expertise, misidentified in remarks Tuesday which broad category of Iraqi extremists are allegedly receiving support from Iran.

He said several times that Iran, a predominately Shiite country, was supplying the mostly Sunni militant group, al-Qaeda. In fact, officials have said they believe Iran is helping Shiite extremists in Iraq.

Speaking to reporters in Amman, the Jordanian capital, McCain said he and two Senate colleagues traveling with him continue to be concerned about Iranian operatives "taking al-Qaeda into Iran, training them and sending them back."

Pressed to elaborate, McCain said it was "common knowledge and has been reported in the media that al-Qaeda is going back into Iran and receiving training and are coming back into Iraq from Iran, that's well known. And it's unfortunate." A few moments later, Sen. Joseph Lieberman, standing just behind McCain, stepped forward and whispered in the presidential candidate's ear. McCain then said: "I'm sorry, the Iranians are training extremists, not al-Qaeda."

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2...ml?hpid=topnews

:doh:

I would still rather have McCain answer that phone at 3:00 a.m.

It would be Libermann on the other end telling McCain who to bomb, and he will explain later. McCain is a warmonger. I remember back in 1998/ 1999 how he was calling for full scale groud forces for Kosovo. I've tried to like him but the more he talks the more he sounds like he is even more retarded than Bush.

As long as they don't call at 4:30pm, that's when the senior early bird dinner specials are.

The thought of Hillary answering that phone is chilling. Not that it matters. She's got no shot to win if she wins the Democratic nomination. None. Zero. Nada.

As dissatisfied as people are with Bush, Hillary can't ride that to success in November. She's an uncharaismatic dud who pulls from an extremely limited demographic.

The thought of Hillary answering that phone is chilling. Not that it matters. She's got no shot to win if she wins the Democratic nomination. None. Zero. Nada.

As dissatisfied as people are with Bush, Hillary can't ride that to success in November. She's an uncharaismatic dud who pulls from an extremely limited demographic.

Yet she still beats or at worst ties McCain in the latest national polls.

Yet she still beats or at worst ties McCain in the latest national polls.

You do realize that this election is not just about the Presidency, right? That this election is about continuing to gain seats in both houses in DC, in gaining significant seats in every state legislature, and in gaining more Governorships? You do see that, right? Obama brings more moderates, indy's and first-time voters out to the polls. Hillary will polarize the GOP voters and they'll destroy us in local, state and national elections. We have a real chance at getting the White House with Obama, and with it massive pick-ups at every level of government. This isn't just about getting another Clinton in the WH.

You do realize that this election is not just about the Presidency, right? That this election is about continuing to gain seats in both houses in DC, in gaining significant seats in every state legislature, and in gaining more Governorships? You do see that, right? Obama brings more moderates, indy's and first-time voters out to the polls. Hillary will polarize the GOP voters and they'll destroy us in local, state and national elections. We have a real chance at getting the White House with Obama, and with it massive pick-ups at every level of government. This isn't just about getting another Clinton in the WH.

Winning the White House is so huge. It towers over the other branches of government in terms of power.

Dems look good in Legislative races:

http://www.usnews.com/articles/news/politi...icans-goal.html

Winning the White House is so huge. It towers over the other branches of government in terms of power.

Dems look good in Legislative races:

http://www.usnews.com/articles/news/politi...icans-goal.html

The White House is useless if you've got 60 seats in the Senate and a substantial majority in the House. The Dems have a chance to gain more seats at every single level of govenment. That's why the GOP strategists and their chatter-monkeys in the media are trying to destroy Obama's momentum. He brings people out to the poll. No Hillary, no polarized voting block. She's a GOP recruitment machine. The GOP's worst nightmare is an undecided/indy-moderate electorate voting for a charismatic, history-making, articulate Democrat, or a 71-year-old guy who will continue with Bush's failure of an agenda. I really don't think we should be worried about an Obama-McCain election, really.

Oooh, you're racist! You're as bad as Obama's grandmother! But you're not sexist, because attacks on Hillary have become acceptable in the mainstream.

Oooohhhh.....boooo-hoooo!!!

Yes, let's see if we can get Big Media to keep perpetuating the phony "Poor Hillary" angle. Is it time to cue the tears?

:beer:

Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever use Zogby.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/20...t/national.html

Oh, I totally agree - that just happened to be the first link I found that contradicted the assertion. :beer:

Edit - And to clarify - we are lookng at a statistical tie for the most part right now. But a lot of things will change between now and November. Plus people say one thing in a poll, and then act all goofy when they are pulling levers.

Now that McCain has clinched the Republican nomination, I'm not the least bit surprised the MG has changed his tune from BushBad! to McCainBad!

You don't find it worrying that McCain should be so apparently clueless about such an important matter?