Had we not taken Thurman

Had we not taken Thurman

Would the Bills have won 2 if not more SuperBowls?

Depends who would end up taking Thurman. Miami was always a good RB away from being very good. If they had grabbed him, then my answer would be no....

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. Because the Cowboys, needing an RB after trading Herschel Walker during the '89 season, would have either made a trade for one or just taken the next best one available. And behind that line, with Aikman handing off, Moose Johnston leading the way into the hole, and Irvin and Novacek providing a threat in the passing game, that guy might have ended up in the Hall of Fame instead.

Rodney Hampton, anyone?

Meanwhile, without Thurman's receiving ability -- although an outstanding runner, Emmitt never averaged over 8 yards/catch after his rookie season and scored on just 11 receptions in his 15-year career -- the K-Gun may not have existed in the form we all grew to love.

The question in regards to Dallas is that they would have been hurt by NOT having Emmitt Smith, the after effects that we know is that he is the all-time rushing champ. He was also a gamer, and a winner.... so yes they would have been worse off, how much so is debatable because we don't know who would have been starting instead. The premise is would they have won or lost the Super Bowls as a result? I'd say that they were so well balanced that they'd have won anyhow. Thurman was also a gamer and a winner regardless of the Super Bowl outcomes. Besides everything said about Thomas, the #1 attribute I absolutely love him for is his devotion to this team!!! He WAS Mr. BUFFALO BILL, he wore it on his sleeve people, I will always honor him for that 1st and foremost! The rest of his contributions are GRAVY!!!

The question in regards to Dallas is that they would have been hurt by NOT having Emmitt Smith, the after effects that we know is that he is the all-time rushing champ. He was also a gamer, and a winner.... so yes they would have been worse off, how much so is debatable because we don't know who would have been starting instead. The premise is would they have won or lost the Super Bowls as a result? I'd say that they were so well balanced that they'd have won anyhow. Thurman was also a gamer and a winner regardless of the Super Bowl outcomes. Besides everything said about Thomas, the #1 attribute I absolutely love him for is his devotion to this team!!! He WAS Mr. BUFFALO BILL, he wore it on his sleeve people, I will always honor him for that 1st and foremost! The rest of his contributions are GRAVY!!!

Exactly. I guess I did not word it well. No surprise there.....

I am not questioning Thurman Thomas and how solid a fit he was in the KGUN and the Bills. It is more had we prevented Dallas from putting the third piece of that lethal scoring machine would it have translated into a SuperBowl win. I guess it is not the no brainer I believed it to be.

Would the Bills have won 2 if not more SuperBowls?

Sorry.. Boring Day..

Crazy right?

Well my thought process on this is if the Bills had whiffed on a running back that year 1988. 2 years later in 1990 instead of selecting JD Williams the Bills with a need at RB might have taken Emmitt Smith 1 pick ahead of the Cowboys. 1) Hurting the Dallas Cowboys dynasty 2) Getting the stud RB.

I am not saying Emmitt is better than Thurman but the question is do you think selecting Thurman cost us 2 Superbowls?

Bills would have won Super bowls if Marv had cheated like Jimmy Johnson by stealing signals and miking his defensive players