Pro Football Weekly

PIZ

Pro Football Weekly................Whispers

Following Bryant Johnson’s decision to sign with the 49ers, the Bills will now wait until the draft to address their glaring WR deficiencies. Failing to upgrade the position in free agency only solidifies the belief that they’ll be selecting a wideout with their first pick, No. 11 overall. Texas’ Limas Sweed, Oklahoma’s Malcolm Kelly and Michigan State’s Devin Thomas, all of whom fit the mold of the big receiver they’re targeting, are the leading candidates.

I say Devin Thomas in the 1st. He really reminds of a mix between Andre Reed and Eric Moulds. I just have a gut feeling it will be Devin Thomas. And I don't think they will trade down to get him. Either Levy or Modrak said, and I think it was after they drafted Donte - "if your guy who you feel strongly about is there at your pick, you draft him - don't risk it by trading down."

Then in the second I would love to see Dustin Keller (may have to trade up to get him) or Kellen Davis the TEs.

In the 3rd if he is still there, take Justin King, the CB out of Penn State.

In the 4th take Owen Schmidt. He will make LBs Schmidt their pants.

With the 3 top prospects at WR being projected as late first rounders, I'd say trade down and see who falls to you, while also having a chance at another top prospect.

You'd better believe that if McFadden somehow falls to 11 Jones will be salivating and humping Brandon's leg.

I say Devin Thomas in the 1st. He really reminds of a mix between Andre Reed and Eric Moulds. I just have a gut feeling it will be Devin Thomas. And I don't think they will trade down to get him. Either Levy or Modrak said, and I think it was after they drafted Donte - "if your guy who you feel strongly about is there at your pick, you draft him - don't risk it by trading down."

Then in the second I would love to see Dustin Keller (may have to trade up to get him) or Kellen Davis the TEs.

In the 4th take Owen Schmidt. He will make LB Schmidt their pants.

I wouldn't be suprised if we waited until the 2nd for a WR, and that's even if we trade down. Most people seem to think that Kelly, Thomas, Sweed, and Hardy are more or less interchangable as far as big recievers go. If the Bills think that, and know one of them will be available in the 2nd, and there's a CB, TE, DL/LB who's way better than anyone who would be available in a later round, then they should/would use their first rounder on something other than a wr.

I think it all depends on Evans. If they sign him long term before the draft, then they'll wait till the 2nd or 3rd rd for a WR. If not, then they'll grab one at #11 and maybe another one soon after.

Yeah. It seems like as we get closer to the draft, the probability of us trading down increases. BTW this guy Devin Thomas looks like a steal and it seems like we are showing serious interest in him.

The Bills seem to have turned their attention to the draft to fill their wide receiver needs now that they lost out on Bryant Johnson. Reports say they have a visit lined up with Michigan State's Devin Thomas. He is the only first round receiver prospect with return experience as well. He's projected to go near the later end of the first round, so the Bills may be looking to trade down and still get him. Thomas is 6'2" tall and has a 33" vertical jump.

Yeah. It seems like as we get closer to the draft, the probability of us trading down increases. BTW this guy Devin Thomas looks like a steal and it seems like we are showing serious interest in him.

The Bills seem to have turned their attention to the draft to fill their wide receiver needs now that they lost out on Bryant Johnson. Reports say they have a visit lined up with Michigan State's Devin Thomas. He is the only first round receiver prospect with return experience as well. He's projected to go near the later end of the first round, so the Bills may be looking to trade down and still get him. Thomas is 6'2" tall and has a 33" vertical jump.

I wouldn't mind seeing us take Vernon Gholston (If available) or Keith Rivers with our first pick, then trading back into the first or up in the second to try and snag Devin Thomas or see if he drops to the second which could be a possibility.

I think it all depends on Evans. If they sign him long term before the draft, then they'll wait till the 2nd or 3rd rd for a WR. If not, then they'll grab one at #11 and maybe another one soon after.

cut 'is asss now and draft two wr's

There is a difference here...After Whitner there was no 1st round worthy Safety available in that draft, hence the Bills chose to not risk by trading down. However this year that is not the case with WRs. I bet Sweed, Kelly and Thomas are all rated at similar levels by the Bills brains trust and one of them is likely to be there if they trade down a few spots.

There is a difference here...After Whitner there was no 1st round worthy Safety available in that draft, hence the Bills chose to not risk by trading down. However this year that is not the case with WRs. I bet Sweed, Kelly and Thomas are all rated at similar levels by the Bills brains trust and one of them is likely to be there if they trade down a few spots.

May be easier said than done. If not ,you take your highest rated and go on to round two

In the 4th take Owen Schmidt. He will make LBs Schmidt their pants.

Thomas is projected as a 2nd or 3rd round pick...

I saw a lot of Devin Thomas on TV here in Michigan over the course of the season last year. The guy is a straight up beast. He's got size and speed, and more importantly, isn't afraid to go up and get a jump ball or take a hit over the middle. This is EXACTLY the type of guy we need opposite Evans. Also, in the later rounds, don't be surprised if the Bills take Jordy Nelson WR from Kansas State. He's another steal who may fall to the fifth round. And yes, Buffalo should draft Mike Pollack C in the third and Owen Schmidt in the Fourth. In the second, they should take the best available TE. CB is NOT a priority in this draft IMO. The improved D-Line will make the current corps better. Also, I think Buffalo will sign William James CB for depth, lessening the need at that position.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them pick two WRs, regardless of whether or not they extend Evans. Someone like Adrian Arrington could be waiting in the 3rd or 4th round.

Also, if McFadden drops to 11, I hope they dangle him in front of Jerry Jones and get everything they can out of Dallas.