Should Prostitution Be Legal?

Steely Dan

Legalizing Prostitution  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Should Prostitution be legal?

• No, it's immoral and should always be illegal.
    • No, I really don't mind it but it would be more trouble than it's worth.
    • Yes, this is limiting a person's right to use their body as they want.
    • Yes, we aren't putting a dent in it anyway and we could tax the $#!+ out of it!!

Sure, it should be legal. In fact, it should be formalized...we could require a couple to register their intent beforehand with the county, then maybe offically recognize it in some sort of legal ceremony, at which payment is exchanged in the form of jewelry...

Sure, just suck all the romance right out of it...

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Are we not talking about legalizing it? Are you someone who is opposed to changing laws that have outlived their usefulness or should we simply continue to make the same stupid mistakes and pretend somehow that we're making progress?

You mean like victims of real crime who never get their due because we're wasting valuable resources on "vice" type crimes that will continue until our species is wiped out?

Prostitution predates Christianity and will outlast it, you heard it here first. And having them oppose it certainly hasn't slowed it one bit. sh--, they oppose pedophilia too but that hasn't stopped their leaders from systematically performing it/covering it up.

What a line of crap. Ever travel outside the U.S.? You think families in Amsterdam are weaker than ours because they have a red light district? :devil:

Most of them are elected.

I voted on this poll to make it legal mainly because its a waste of time trying to stop it. I'm just voicing some of the cons for whats apparently the smaller minority of folks on this board. Let me get this straight though, just because mankind has lived with one form of prostittution or another as long as we can remember, this makes it right? Are you making an argument for people who pray on children also? I'll bet the only time you ever had sex is when you paid for it. Its no wonder you want it legal, little to expensive for you is that it?

Guest dog14787
I was the first person to vote that it was bad and should be illegal?!! What country am I in?

Although I voted for the legalization of prostitution on this poll, I'll stand up for the few of you that don't. Luckily we live in a society where the voice of minority is still heard and respected.

Sure, it should be legal. In fact, it should be formalized...we could require a couple to register their intent beforehand with the county, then maybe offically recognize it in some sort of legal ceremony, at which payment is exchanged in the form of jewelry...

:devil: What are the myriad of Mrs. Trumps?

I voted on this poll to make it legal mainly because its a waste of time trying to stop it. I'm just voicing some of the cons for whats apparently the smaller majority of folks on this board. Let me get this straight though, just because mankind has lived with one form of prostittution or another as long as we can remember, this makes it right? Are you making an argument for people who pray on children also? How about you are a piece of crap, I'll bet the only time you ever had sex is when you paid for it. Its no wonder you want it legal, little to expensive for you is that it?

C'mon, there is nothing similar to a pedophile and a prostitute. One is consensual and the other is a horrific thing that causes physical and mental damage. Nobody here is saying it's completely moral, I think, but that it's a losing battle costing a lot of money for a very small crime.

I voted on this poll to make it legal mainly because its a waste of time trying to stop it.

Well, at least you got that simple concept.

I'm just voicing some of the cons for whats apparently the smaller majority of folks on this board.

What exactly is a smaller majority? I'm breathlessly awaiting your explanation of that gem.

Let me get this straight though, just because mankind has lived with one form of prostittution or another as long as we can remember, this makes it right?

When exactly did I state or even infer that? Or is that another strawman? [/rhetorical]

Are you making an argument for people who pray on children also?

Nice leap there. Jesus Christ, can anyone actually think for themselves anymore, or is everything automatically equal to the worst possible thing you can think of? That's right folks, if you believe it's a waste of resources to arrest and prosecute whores and their customers, you obviously believe pedophiles are swell. How fuggin' stupid are you?

I'll bet the only time you ever had sex is when you paid for it. Its no wonder you want it legal, little to expensive for you is that it?

Your attempt at insult is as pedestrian as your position defense. Why the hell would I care what you'd "bet"?

Guest dog14787
:devil: What are the myriad of Mrs. Trumps?

C'mon, there is nothing similar to a pedophile and a prostitute. One is consensual and the other is a horrific thing that causes physical and mental damage. Nobody here is saying it's completely moral, I think, but that it's a losing battle costing a lot of money for a very small crime.

Your argument does well on a board that is probably 90% male.

Many females find the idea of prostitution repulsive while others have no problem selling there flesh to make a dollar. How many of you care to make this same argument with your wives? I personally would not want to see my wife or daughter take up a life of prostitution because she is sexy, or good looking and heavily recruited because its legal.

Might be a little different when it hits home and your wife comes in and says "honey I got a new job and I'm making big $$$, I'm a prostitute"

Is this what we want for our families? Our children?

Many females find the idea of prostitution repulsive while others have no problem selling there flesh to make a dollar. How many of you care to make this same argument with your wives? I personally would not want to see my wife or daughter take up a life of prostitution because she is sexy, or good looking and heavily recruited because its legal.

Might be a little different when it hits home and your wife comes in and says "honey I got a new job and I'm making big $$$, I'm a prostitute"

"But think of the children..."

:devil: You cannot be serious.

Guest dog14787
Well, at least you got that simple concept.

What exactly is a smaller majority? I'm breathlessly awaiting your explanation of that gem.

When exactly did I state or even infer that? Or is that another strawman? [/rhetorical]

Nice leap there. Jesus Christ, can anyone actually think for themselves anymore, or is everything automatically equal to the worst possible thing you can think of? That's right folks, if you believe it's a waste of resources to arrest and prosecute whores and their customers, you obviously believe pedophiles are swell. How fuggin' stupid are you?

Your attempt at insult is as pedestrian as your position defense. Why the hell would I care what you'd "bet"?

Well, I don't know, my opinions seem to have a profound effect on you :devil:

Guest dog14787
"But think of the children..."

:devil: You cannot be serious.

What we do now, the laws we change, effects our children and our childrens children. Come on Tom, I don't have to spell it out for you.

This isn't just any country, this is The United States of America. We set examples, not follow them.

So, women can't think for themselves. Got it.

Guest dog14787
If it was legal, that would take away a lot of comedians material. Especially the late night programs.

Bill Clinton says vote yes for the legalization of prostitution while Hillary on the other hand says hell no :devil:

What we do now, the laws we change, effects our children and our childrens children. Come on Tom, I don't have to spell it out for you.

This isn't just any country, this is The United States of America. We set examples, not follow them.

If they legalize bestiality, are my children and my children's children going to have sex with animals?

Guest dog14787
If they legalize bestiality, are my children and my children's children going to have sex with animals?

Its more likely, yes :devil:

Guest dog14787
So, let me get this straight.

If something becomes legal, automatically people's desire to do it increases?

Many sins could give us physical or mental pleasure, but knowing the difference between right and wrong prevents us from acting on impulse.

Yes, if you tell everyone its Ok to do the family dog, beastality will increase. :devil:

Many sins could give us physical or mental pleasure, but knowing the difference between right and wrong prevents us from acting on impulse.

Yes, if you tell everyone its Ok to do the family dog, beastality will increase. :devil:

This just might be one of the worst arguments ever posted on this forum. Apparently, I don't !@#$ the family dog because people tell me not to. It has nothing to do with not being sexually attracted to the dog. ;)

But I digress, knowing "right and wrong" has nothing to do with what the government tells you.

I suspect that behind these thinly veiled posts, we have someone who wants their religious rules to be the society's rules.