Should Prostitution Be Legal?

Steely Dan

Legalizing Prostitution  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Should Prostitution be legal?

• No, it's immoral and should always be illegal.
    • No, I really don't mind it but it would be more trouble than it's worth.
    • Yes, this is limiting a person's right to use their body as they want.
    • Yes, we aren't putting a dent in it anyway and we could tax the $#!+ out of it!!

Guest dog14787
This just might be one of the worst arguments ever posted on this forum. Apparently, I don't !@#$ the family dog because people tell me not to. It has nothing to do with not being sexually attracted to the dog. ;)

But I digress, knowing "right and wrong" has nothing to do with what the government tells you.

I suspect that behind these thinly veiled posts, we have someone who wants their religious rules to be the society's rules.

So your argument is, If you make something legal, its usage would not rise ? Or the impression we give our young people does not matter? It would not shape how they may think or feel, or even act? Are you an expert on how the human mind works, or how what a child may see growing up could influence his or her way of thinking?

Get real :devil:

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Soon after thats legal, there are going to be animals on the corners soliciting some "tail"

:devil: check and mate

So your argument is, If you make something legal, its usage would not rise?

My argument is that it depends on the individual and the issue, and that people should decide for themselves.

Or the impression we give our young people does not matter? It would not shape how they may think or feel, or even act?

Here you go again, trying to argue that what the government does is more important than what the parents do.

Are you an expert on how the human mind works, or how what a child may see growing up could influence his or her way of thinking?

:devil: As Tom said... "Think of the children". ;)

I am no expert, but I sure as hell know this: What the government says or does has a much smaller impact on children than many, many, many other sources.

I also know this: legalizing prositution has MANY benefits, including reducing the influence of unsavory types, many of which have a MUCH bigger impact on those children you are so worried about than the government does.

So your argument is, If you make something legal, its usage would not rise ? Or the impression we give our young people does not matter? It would not shape how they may think or feel, or even act? Are you an expert on how the human mind works, or how what a child may see growing up could influence his or her way of thinking?

Get real :devil:

Do you read the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and all state and local laws and codes to your kids at bedtime? If so, emphasize the law against bestiality a lot- we want to make sure they know it's illegal, so they won't do the family dog and all. Lord knows kids would if they could!

Do you read the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and all state and local laws and codes to your kids at bedtime? If so, emphasize the law against bestiality a lot- we want to make sure they know it's illegal, so they won't do the family dog and all. Lord knows kids would if they could!

Don't you remember how you longed to do the dog, until you heard that it was illegal?

Guest dog14787
My argument is that it depends on the individual and the issue, and that people should decide for themselves.

Here you go again, trying to argue that what the government does is more important than what the parents do.

:devil: As Tom said... "Think of the children". ;)

I am no expert, but I sure as hell know this: What the government says or does has a much smaller impact on children than many, many, many other sources.

I also know this: legalizing prositution has MANY benefits, including reducing the influence of unsavory types, many of which have a MUCH bigger impact on those children you are so worried about than the government does.

So in other words, you have no argument.

My point was, you make something legal, its usage increases, how its percieved in the publics eye changes. How can you even argue that when you know it to be true.

So in other words, you have no argument.

No. If you would like to read the argument, go back and read my post, no need to repeat it to someone putting their fingers in their ears and going NAA NEE NAA NEE NAA NEE BOO BOO I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

My point was, you make something legal, its usage increases, how its percieved in the publics eye changes. How can you even argue that when you know it to be true.

Really? I know this to be true?

Perhaps we should reinstate prohibition then. :devil:

Guest dog14787
No, in other words it should be up to the individual to decide for themselves, and what happens depends on the issue.

Really? I know this to be true?

Perhaps we should reinstate prohibition then. ;)

Way to completely ignore the point about how legalizing prositution would do more good than harm, by the way.

:devil: need I remind you, I voted yes for the legalization of prostitution, but I would love to hear the opposite sex chime in on this subject.

;), need I remind you, I voted yes for the legalization of prostitution, but I would love to hear the opposite sex chime in on this subject.

So, basically you believe that prostitution will harm everyone, yet you think it should be legal? :devil:

I've been living in new zealand for almost three years now and just recently found out that its legal here.

You would never know it because you don't see it. Everything is low key, I guess. (Well, that's the kiwi way for everything.)

Your argument does well on a board that is probably 90% male.

Many females find the idea of prostitution repulsive while others have no problem selling there flesh to make a dollar. How many of you care to make this same argument with your wives? I personally would not want to see my wife or daughter take up a life of prostitution because she is sexy, or good looking and heavily recruited because its legal.

Might be a little different when it hits home and your wife comes in and says "honey I got a new job and I'm making big $$$, I'm a prostitute"

Is this what we want for our families? Our children?

If you marry a woman who would even think about becoming a prostitute then you have problems picking a mate. None of my ex-girlfriends would ever consider being a prostitute. If you set up a good moral environment for your kids they probably won't become prostitutes but if they do there is nothing you can do about it anyway, legal or not.

What we do now, the laws we change, effects our children and our childrens children. Come on Tom, I don't have to spell it out for you.

This isn't just any country, this is The United States of America. We set examples, not follow them.

Ohhhhhh puh-leassssse! The recent examples we've set are not moral. We are not the moral compass of the world. :devil:

So, let me get this straight.

If something becomes legal, automatically people's desire to do it increases?

Those who desire to do this stuff think so. I'm not attracted to animals but I guess the only thing holding back those who are is the law. ;)

Guest dog14787
So, basically you believe that prostitution will harm everyone, yet you think it should be legal? ;)

No, Just that Its unstopable, theres no denying, its a way of life.

Besides that, I used to be a Hall of Famer, now I'm a doggon rookie again, Geesh ;)

So I may argue about anything for awhile :devil:

I've been living in new zealand for almost three years now and just recently found out that its legal here.

You would never know it because you don't see it. Everything is low key, I guess. (Well, that's the kiwi way for everything.)

Now that you know it's legal I guess you'll be running out tomorrow to find a hooker! :devil:

Guest dog14787
If you marry a woman who would even think about becoming a prostitute then you have problems picking a mate. None of my ex-girlfriends would ever consider being a prostitute. If you set up a good moral environment for your kids they probably won't become prostitutes but if they do there is nothing you can do about it anyway, legal or not.

Ohhhhhh puh-leassssse! The recent examples we've set are not moral. We are not the moral compass of the world. :devil:

Those who desire to do this stuff think so. I'm not attracted to animals but I guess the only thing holding back those who are is the law. ;)

None of your exgirlfriends would ever consider being a prostitute? and you know this how? What are you 16 or something? Try making prostitution legal and see what your exgirlfriends say. So what your telling me is you deem this morally wrong? Should be legal but God forbid it touches your life. Is this what your telling me?

None of your exgirlfriends would ever consider being a prostitute? and you know this how? What are you 16 or something? Try making prostitution legal and see what your exgirlfriends say. So what your telling me is you deem this morally wrong? Should be legal but God forbid it touches your life. Is this what your telling me?

Thats pretty much what you said :devil:

Guest dog14787
Thats pretty much what you said ;)

I admit it though :devil:

Lets put more attention on thieves murderers and rapist.

None of your exgirlfriends would ever consider being a prostitute? and you know this how? What are you 16 or something? Try making prostitution legal and see what your exgirlfriends say. So what your telling me is you deem this morally wrong? Should be legal but God forbid it touches your life. Is this what your telling me? Maybe your girlfriends were just plain ugly ;)

Umm, I see some of them every now and again in Wegmans and other places. I also know them morally. Why do you believe that so many women would? I shudder to think about the women you hang out with. Stripping is legal, are they strippers? None of mine were. :devil:

Guest dog14787
Umm, I see some of them every now and again in Wegmans and other places. I also know them morally. Why do you believe that so many women would? I shudder to think about the women you hang out with. Stripping is legal, are they strippers? None of mine were. :devil:

Sorry to hear that ;)

Guest dog14787
I'm not offended by the concept of prostitution. If a woman, or her own will, decides to make a living that way, I'm fine with that. The problem is that it's rarely that simple. Too many women turn to prostitution as a last resort because of financial and family problems. Others are forced into it by pimps and other men who care less about them. And no matter what precautions one takes there is always the risk of spreading disease. And even in places where it is legal like Amsterdam, organized crime traffics in sex slavery.

I do support the idea of punishing the john but offering the woman support and counseling to get out of the life.

PTR

Great comments :devil: