I saw Takeo yesterday at my kids PTA meeting

freester

He was there with his daughter's mother. The baby mom was hot. Takeo looked like he was in good shape. I didn't want to bother him, but I heard san francisco was interested. I was hoping we might resign him for veteran minimum. I still have his jersey. It is very sad-he is Sam Cowart all over again.

Regardless of the incredible advances in medical procedures (cadaver parts/stem cells etc.) this is still the legendary injury that fell the Greek God of Speed by the same name as the tendon. Really, only QB's have been able to come back and play very close to their previous level..

He was there with his daughter's mother. The baby mom was hot. Takeo looked like he was in good shape. I didn't want to bother him, but I heard san francisco was interested. I was hoping we might resign him for veteran minimum. I still have his jersey. It is very sad-he is Sam Cowart all over again.

He won't sign for the vetran minimum anywhere. Philadelphia wanted to keep him, at a reduced rate (I would assume at a rate higher than the vet minimum), but he said "no thanks"....even though it seems the Bills were somewhat vindicated in letting him go, Takeo had a pretty good season in Philadelphia...he may no longer be the big play guy that he was, but he is still a solid NFL linebacker. When their defense improved as the year went on, Takeo was a big part of that.

He won't sign for the vetran minimum anywhere. Philadelphia wanted to keep him, at a reduced rate (I would assume at a rate higher than the vet minimum), but he said "no thanks"....even though it seems the Bills were somewhat vindicated in letting him go, Takeo had a pretty good season in Philadelphia...he may no longer be the big play guy that he was, but he is still a solid NFL linebacker. When their defense improved as the year went on, Takeo was a big part of that.

The problem is that he is probably too banged up to play special teams, and is no longer a star.

It is a true shame. I think he was Canton bound.

The problem is that he is probably too banged up to play special teams, and is no longer a star.

It is a true shame. I think he was Canton bound.

If he had spent some of his time on a playoff caliber team, I might agree...he just seemed to be eternally the best guy on a bunch of bad football teams. Great player...lots of bad luck. It happens. Remember how great Sam Cowart was for us?