Met Mel Kiper Jr yesterday

Some of you will mock me, but I really did meet Mel Kiper Jr at BWI yesterday on my way to see my dad in CT...He was right behind me as we were boarding and was on his cell phone...I turned around and asked him who the Bills would draft and he said he's betting they will trade down...He loves the Stroud pick up too

take it for what it's worth, I thought it was pretty cool

Some of you will mock me, but I really did meet Mel Kiper Jr at BWI yesterday on my way to see my dad in CT...He was right behind me as we were boarding and was on his cell phone...I turned around and asked him who the Bills would draft and he said he's betting they will trade down...He loves the Stroud pick up too

I'm sure that's his automated response whenever someone asks him about draft choices.. to keep the riff-raff from arguing with him. Heh.

Very cool...

I still think Mel Rules... :)

So.. ah.. anyway, I've been thinking along the lines of trading out as well. Not likely we'll have a shot at the DL studs and WR & CB are plentiful throughout the draft.

Granted, it's probably a reflex answer by Mel, but maybe he has heard it from reliable OBD sources. I don't see a Marshawn-type MUST have at #11.

I used to talk to him every year back in the 80's to buy his draft guide. Before he made it big. Great guy, and very approachable.

I give up. WTF is funny about that?

[Note: I was going to post this before the thread got locked. It's no longer relevant. FYI, a quick thank you to the mods (Lori) for their quick work!]

Literally a million things are funny about it, of which I'll share a few. The randomness / outrageousness of the comment and the fact that it just came out of the blue. The fact that I don't think Mel Kiper Jr is Jewish. The fact that kgun never really explicitly referred to Kiper; he just said "Mike Mayock is better than this [slur]", which could actually refer to himself (kgun). (You know, like, "What has two thumbs and enjoys BJs? This guy!") I believe kgun is posting at a level that is way above our heads, disseminating English lessons among many other things with his finely tuned, precise one-liner, whereby every word can be examined and re-interpreted through an educational lens.

[Note: I was going to post this before the thread got locked. It's no longer relevant. FYI, a quick thank you to the mods (Lori) for their quick work!]

Literally a million things are funny about it, of which I'll share a few. The randomness / outrageousness of the comment and the fact that it just came out of the blue. The fact that I don't think Mel Kiper Jr is Jewish. The fact that kgun never really explicitly referred to Kiper; he just said "Mike Mayock is better than this [slur]", which could actually refer to himself (kgun). (You know, like, "What has two thumbs and enjoys BJs? This guy!") I believe kgun is posting at a level that is way above our heads, disseminating English lessons among many other things with his finely tuned, precise one-liner, whereby every word can be examined and re-interpreted through an educational lens.

you are giving way too much credit. kgun is a moron

That's what they said about Copernicus and Galileo. An open mind gathers more knowledge than a closed one, my friend.

I am very open minded and free thinking. Now you are comparing some racist to Copernicus and Galileo?